SAU Community

stagea m35 burnout?

darksould43

any idea on how to do a burnout in a 300 rx stagea? it doesnt have traction control or anything but every time i try all the engine does is rev to 2000rpm and nothing else, i hold the brakes just enough to stop the car rolling and try to rev the engine but nothing, what am i doing wrong, i can try chaining it to a pole but id rather not atm

On 6/21/2018 at 11:25 PM, Ben C34 said:

Hahahjaja even a v6 commodore can do a burnout! Hahahhaa 

put an ecotec in it mang

^Truth. I took mine to the wrecker a couple of weeks ago and engaged in some private road testing along the way. Smoking a 235/40R18 was ridiculously easy, even with 305,000km of abuse on the clock. Instantly regretted getting rid of it. :( 

PS: My new Leaf loses traction if I nail it from a standstill. What am I doing wrong? Not enough shopping bags in the boot?

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking, but you all know about the throttle cut out from the ECU with brakes on right?  NM35 all have that problem due to ECU having a throttle restriction when brakes are on and I think for about 3 seconds after brake release. I would assume PM35 is the same?  Solution is the brake wire cut/switch mod (look for it on forums).  I did mine - very easy to do.  Better option is to get a re-flach of the ECU - some on ebay for NM35 - Nm35 stagea vq25det stage 1 ecu reflash its-rom

On 7/7/2018 at 12:19 PM, sideburnie said:

Just checking, but you all know about the throttle cut out from the ECU with brakes on right?  NM35 all have that problem due to ECU having a throttle restriction when brakes are on and I think for about 3 seconds after brake release. I would assume PM35 is the same?  Solution is the brake wire cut/switch mod (look for it on forums).  I did mine - very easy to do.  Better option is to get a re-flach of the ECU - some on ebay for NM35 - Nm35 stagea vq25det stage 1 ecu reflash its-rom

awesome ill give that a go cheers