SAU Community

350GT Service Schedule

I do mine every 6 months as I don't do a lot of KM.. usually it has done around 5,000km in that time.  I do my wife's J31 maxima at the same time, and it does even less KM.

2 hours ago, The Max said:

Seriously?

If you like your car, you service it every 10,000km. If you love your car, then it's every 5,000km.

Rubbish!  The oil will have barely started to harden up at 50k.  I would keep driving it for the next 300k, then think about checking the oil.  Timing belt at 1000000km along with new tyres.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Every 5,000km, religiously. These are highly tuned engines and need to be treated as such. And decent quality synthetic oil must be used too imho. My V35 has done 200,000km and still runs like a new car.

Cheers for the input. It probally has been serviced previously but the question had been typed wrong where it should of read "my" instead of "it's". When I find a good garage then I will get it sorted.

What about the timing belt then?

Chains are better but not perfect. They can still stretch. You're not changing the belt all the time. You're changing it every 100,000kms. That's not such a big deal, even if it does take all day in your driveway.

• 3 weeks later...

Service done last Monday, changed filters, plugs & other stuff. Old air filter was pretty well grotty.

Is changing cabin filter part of service?

Had programed 'Maintenance Schedule' on the screen so it should reminded me when the next is due.