SAU Community

hey guys

So i just bought my first car and its a 1995 r33 gts coupe with an RB20e engine in it. The car is completely stock and has no modifications done to it. I would love to make the exhaust sound much louder than what it currently does and I would like to know what else i could do to it. Im very new to skylines and have no idea what parts to get to make the exhaust sound better so any help would be very much appreciated. 

Cheers.

IMG_20180723_113458 (1).jpg

Edited by FizZe

You need to talk to people in the trader section about it.  They can help you with a new exhaust system.

Otherwise I honestly wouldn't spend too much $$$ on it, sit tight, do your time on P's and then buy a turbo version...then your life will be complete!

The slowest Skyline available does not need a loud exhaust.  Follow above advice.

Do not spend ANY money on making it faster, unless & until you can do a complete rebody of a wrecked turbo car into your (presumably) clean and unthrashed shell.

Buy a Golf GTI, it is much faster and P plate legal. Not to mention has all the safety features someone on their Ps would need.

When I look back to my yesteryears, I owned a pretty fast RB swapped 180SX on my Ps (yes I am old, you could drive them back then), so many times I nearly killed myself but didn't. Car had no ABS, no TC, no stability control, no airbags, no anything besides a locker and a RB lol

• Like 1

All he asked was for some exhaust advice lol...

You'd be best going for 2 and 1/4 inch piping with a decat, have a middle box and backbox to keep the drone down. It'll keep the low end power this way and maybe improve it slightly. Going any bigger and you'll start to lose power.

Also not a fan of cold air filters but maybe something to look into.  A few years back my bro had a RB20e R33 aswell before doing a full turbo conversion. He had the above custom exhaust too and we found the stock airbox was very restrictive aswell. Maybe a turbo airbox funnel + panel filter.

How did you determine the airbox was very restrictive?

It's literally the slowest Skyline that was available (it has a carby!), there's no point spending money on it. Like I said, chop the rear muffler off and weld a cheapo one on. Changing cats etc more hassle than gain, looks up EPA fines for running a car without a catalytic converter.

13 minutes ago, FizZe said:

welp no more posting on these forums then looks like this post became  a roasting session

Not a roast sesh, just some genuine feedback. Listen to it. Buy yourself a new car. Sell that one. Around the 1500$ mark and you shouldn't have too many issues (Bare in mind, i wouldn't buy it for 1.5 grand), but buy yourself a new car 

49 minutes ago, FizZe said:

e

Besides tax and death, there are some other unavoidable truths in life. 

1. Some people will *always* disagree with you. You can't post publically on the internet and expect no arguments or disagreements. Sometimes it sucks but you can always take something from it. Don't listen to those who are flaming for flames sake, listen to those who provide constructive feedback. Its important to be able to distinguish the two.

2. No matter what Skyline you buy, you'll get lovers and haters.

With those in mind, I'd give the bird ?to the haters and do what you want with it. But, just remember that you asked for feedback and feedback is what you got.

4 hours ago, FizZe said:

welp no more posting on these forums then looks like this post became  a roasting session

Because it went off topic. Imagine how bad it is on Bookface

I wouldn't be discouraged by the posts, my first car was an R31 Skyline, automatic with a noisy diff. It's a good, cheap starter car, good way to learn how to fix your car, without all the associated complexities of a turbocharged engine. Can also learn how to drive properly without wrapping yourself around a pole/tree that easily.

Sound is easy, chop the rear (or middle) muffler out. But it's just noise. I'd invest the money into brake pads, better tyres, refresh suspension, change fluids etc. Get it reliable and running right, then hit the skid pans and track days.