SAU Community

R32 GTR fuel pump upgrade

KYR32GTR

Helll all,

I am looking to put a better fuel pump in car and well nothing seems to be clear about it. I've asked a few suppliera and they stated the pump has a regulator attached so they do not make one. I have seen a few people use a basic walboro or aem pump without issue but I can not find anything specific. The gtst has the standard drop assembly while the GTR has the lower basket the pump sits in... 

I've searched here and can't find specific posts for it.. ant and all help is appreciated

Don't know about gtst but yes gtr has a cradle.

Best to do it with the fuel very empty. Trust me!

Takes a bit of stuffing around to pull the cradle out, patience is required.

After it is out, install new pump same way as old pump. Best to use factory sock imo.

There's plenty of pumps out there however walbro has a new 525/h pump.

More importantly than the pump install is doing a rewire. Simple mod. Search that too lol

I have already pulled it out thinking it was bad, and I will be doing a direct relayed power to the new one but I can't actually find a replacement pump that is labeled for thr GTR. I can find expensive nismo or hks pumps but beyond that it's something to do with the pressure regulator on the pump.

Given that they look like EVERY OTHER FUEL PUMP......

https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1596&bih=863&ei=8e3UW9nYBobMvwS_0q_gBw&q=r32+gtr+fuel+pump&oq=r32+gtr+fuel+pump&gs_l=img.3..0l2j0i30k1j0i8i30k1j0i24k1l6.1949.5068.0.5355.17.16.0.0.0.0.348.2420.0j9j1j2.12.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..5.12.2418....0.OzbsQNiXZAI

Yep, get this one:

High Flow Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump High Flow Skyline R33 GTR RB26DETT https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F222562585010

Don’t know about the newer model so cannot recommend it but others seem to think it’s very good.

Edited by Robocop2310
  • Thanks 1

Buy a brand new pump not a used one out of a GTR. Many pumps will do but the Walbros will do the job. If you want to just do it once put the bigger one in so you don't have to change it to get to your new power target in the future.

4 hours ago, WantGTR said:

Don't worry about it. Even piss off that relief valve.

Walbro 525.

You seen how much power they draw? They WILL melt the stock wiring into the tank. And for no benefit for what the suse seems to want/need.

Thanks for all the input. I have planned to run a separate power feed off a relay to run whatever pump would work. I've always done that before to avoid melting or burning up stock wiring.

I'm just so confused as to what the pressure relief valve is designed to do. Maybe keep the pressure from being higher than needed?

It's the stock wiring AT THE PUMP that is the most concern here.  Not the wiring that trails off into the car.  Put a massive pump into the tank and feed it with the original dental floss wiring through the pump hat?  Recipe for voltage drop and wire meltage.  Put a pump in there that is bigger than stock (and, of course, big enough to do the job) but not too big for the wiring?  Yup, recipe for happiness.

If you go massive, you need to do more work.