SAU Community

Has a anyone successfully installed an electric Start button in their car yet?

Hey guys,

I thinking of installing an electric start button in my R34 GTR and was wondering if anyone has successfully done this or know where I can get it done?

MCM did a video on something similar a while ago but I want to go completely keyless and make it look flush and professionally installed:

Edited by Robocop2310

16 hours ago, Robocop2310 said:

Hey guys,

I thinking of installing an electric start button in my R34 GTR and was wondering if anyone has successfully done this or know where I can get it done?

MCM did a video on something similar a while ago but I want to go completely keyless and make it look flush and professionally installed:

Which is your personal opinion?

Post 1 or post 7, or have they changed?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Robocop2310 said:

OK guys, I think you all made valid points so this only backs up my own personally feeling about use of a key in a Skyline. 

I just wanted to see what you guys thought. Yep, not a good idea. 

Or post 7, or post 1?

Push button start is cool.

Proximity keys are cool.

3 hours ago, mlr said:

Which is your personal opinion?

Post 1 or post 7, or have they changed?

I kinda agree with all of you guys. Just wanted to see if it can be done nicely but looks like it won't so would only be wanky so it's a no from me too.

Gay. 

What's the point when you don't have proximity remotes and you still need to use the key to unlock shit before hitting the button. 

If you want that start button, delete the ignition barrel and have your ACC triggered by your alarm's unlock command. Then run a rocker switch of some sort for ignition then have a start button. 

Or buy a Tiguan, chops stock GT-Rs ?

I have one in my 32 GTR from the prev owner.... its the dumest thing really. you need to turn the key then push the button.... if it was going to be anything it needs to be totally keyless or its a shit gimmick.

• Like 1

A lot of these reasons for not going push button start are kind of redundant considering you can get a kit that includes proximity key arm/disarm, push button start, remote start etc.

I say do it and report back!

https://www.amazon.com/EasyGO-AM-UNIVERSAL-R-Universal-Proximity-Security/dp/B00HSF5EIS

9 hours ago, GH05T said:

I have one in my 32 GTR from the prev owner.... its the dumest thing really. you need to turn the key then push the button.... if it was going to be anything it needs to be totally keyless or its a shit gimmick.

I see...so it defeats the purpose anyways. 

Thanks for sharing though! 

9 hours ago, GTofuS-T said:

A lot of these reasons for not going push button start are kind of redundant considering you can get a kit that includes proximity key arm/disarm, push button start, remote start etc.

I say do it and report back!

https://www.amazon.com/EasyGO-AM-UNIVERSAL-R-Universal-Proximity-Security/dp/B00HSF5EIS

I've since decided it's a definitely no. Just took my R34 GTR for a drive to the shops and would feel guilty for butchering it to install this electric start button. lol