SAU Community

R32 Build from shell - What to be careful of ?

Hey everyone,

I was heavily considering buying a r32 shell (2k ish) and refurbishing it with a rb20de and such. 

What are some things I need to be careful of when buying a shell.

Id be building It to be P plate legal.

Thank you for your input and cheers,

Sam

Check any purchase for rust very very carefully, if you have any doubts take someone competent with you. Especially check entire and I really mean entire boot area for rust and/or bog. Check entire underside particularly sub frame mounting points. This is not an undertaking that should be taken lightly, you are about to take the HARD road. I speak from experience. Good Luck you are gonna need it. You will spend far more than the car is worth. Save up and buy a registered goer.

Edited by Rusty Nuts

16 minutes ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Check any purchase for rust very very carefully, if you have any doubts take someone competent with you. Especially check entire and I really mean entire boot area for rust and/or bog. Check entire underside particularly sub frame mounting points. This is not an undertaking that should be taken lightly, you are about to take the HARD road. I speak from experience. Good Luck you are gonna need it. You will spend far more than the car is worth. Save up and buy a registered goer.

Hey mate thanks for the quick response and really helpful info.

I was wondering if you had a estimated budget you would think it'd be around (Obviously very hard to do but a indication would be very helpful)

I was thinking It wouldn't be heaps over 6k but maybe that is young and naive

Cheers, 

Sam

Don't waste your time or money, by the time you finish it You'll have forked out 5 times what the car is worth and it will be slow as shit. Just buy a shitbox and save for something that runs and is finished and go from there. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...