SAU Community

HKS GTIII-5R - T51R replacement

BK

Ok, got this shit sorted. 90mm stainless front pipe cut and tig welded to match up to the new Precision 6466. Thanks to Mick Ackerman from Outback welding, one of two people who could have modified this for me in Alice. He is fabricator for Shannon and Ian Rentsch offroad racing for Finke desert race here. Going to be making the 5500km / $5000 + round trip for a tune to JEM in Sydney hopefully next month. Really wanted Con and CRD to do it after the engine build, but not confident I can get fit in with the timeline on when I need it done. Mechanically here we're set, but hard living here with these type of cars - no custom fabricators, dynos or tuners here.

Dropping engine back in car on Tuesday and start putting back together for Sydney trip.

WP_20190511_15_12_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20190511_15_42_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20190511_15_42_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20190511_16_10_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20190511_16_10_22_Pro.jpg

1 hour ago, hattori hanzo said:

what is driving the completion date to not have enough time for CRD to tune it?

Red Centre Nats 30/8 - 01/09. Look, I really want Con at CRD to tune it, seems like an awesome bloke who knows his stuff, but I just feel that they always have a lot on their plate with their own projects and don't really have enough time for little old me. If I go to Sydney, whoever I go to, sorry but your going to have to drop everything to concentrate on my car and only my car while I'm there or else I won't use you. I know CRD won't do that. Because It's a massive exercise for me to get the car there and back and will have to be timed precisely to be completed within a two week period of me getting away from work in late June (which is a mission in itself - I work 80+ hours a week). JEM seems willing to go the extra mile for me after talking to them. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with their work or cost, I just think they won't be able to commit to what I want out of them after the engine build. I think they might over commit themselves sometimes.