SAU Community

Most Powerful RB25DET in Australia ??

OK Dyno queens,

Whats the most powerfull RB25DET engined car you have seen in Australia ??

No NOS, water injection, methonol or anything like that - Just good ol' turbo luving ! No RB25 with a RB26 Head - No 3.0 litre bottome ends - Just a nicely worked RB25DET.

No BS stories please - post facts and back them up - turbo sizes, engine specs and all !

Cheers,

Just power at this stage - I'm looking at just the engine, not the drivetrain, suspension and driver etc.

Dean - just to make it a level playing field.

Cheers,

I'm just interested Chris - I am still wanting to reach that goal as my view is that anything over 300rwkw for the circuit is a waste (unless awd). > 300rwkw is good for Drags and Dyno queens like me :P

Besides, before I make the move to approx 300rwkw with good response - I wanna see if I can attain a good number for Dyno Queen purposes ;)

What do OBEHVE? JMS R33 do ?? ?? I think I read a mag once where someone got about 346rwkw out of an RB25DET.

Don't get me wrong - it's not what is at the top of the curve, its what is underneath the curve that counts. But hey everyone wants to be a bit of a wanker once in ther lives ;) ha ha ha

I thought there would be some 500+rwkw monsters out there?

if there were no rb26dett and the rb25det were the 'best' engine that nissan offered in the skyline, then i'm sure more people would have pushed their money into the rb25...

(not to say its not capable of these figures because i'm sure it is)

380kW @ rears on sunoco unleaded in the BU5TER.  Std internals and still with RB25DET head.

Adrian

That was pretty well the start of the end though, I'd be quoting 330rwkw for mine even though I've got 1/2 a dozen higher power figures from very friendly dynos and the one 380rwkw figure which really never made it off the dyno hahaha, I raced it with 330rwkw never raced it or drove it with any more power so 330 it is :)

Mine had stock internals aswell as standard head gasket, but a shit load of bolt ons