SAU Community

Idea

Greetings to all get together.
I have an idea, but I'm afraid that not everyone is aware of its significance and purpose. I have already tried to talk about it among my friends and unfortunately they did not appreciate it properly ...
I understand that this may turn out to be stupid or absurd to someone, but ask yourself what will happen next when something we love so much disappears and then what? Maybe it’s worth at least trying, all of a sudden it’s really not just useful to one or two, but maybe more people ..
And so closer to the point:
They still know that there are online spare parts catalogs and while there are machines that can be sorted out for spare parts there is demand, but what if I tell you that it would be cool to create a 3D spare parts catalog;
Those. Create drawings, diagrams and 3D models of spare parts and parts.
Yes, I understand that it’s difficult, but I think if we get together we can do it.
Who thinks what?

8 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

Not sure if spambot or human.

I don't know, seems legit.

We could call it 3D Computer Aided Design.......or, 3D CAD for short, could be most useful

1835708708_images(12).jpeg.99f66efa89138e9e8f8862d42eca6413.jpeg

I will invest all my belly button lint I have been saving up to ensure we get it copyrighted before someone else steals this new and innovative idea.

1393363440_images(13).jpeg.8046fedbbc765c14092c8b776700d585.jpeg

All is clear, thank you. I thought at least someone would be interested, but apparently no one needs it. It’s so customary to meet everyone on your forum, is a real person in doubt? I talked about auto parts, not about brass knuckles or boobs ...

The main problem is that 3D printed pieces, printed on affordable plastic filament printers, are usually crap. Fragile, ugly surface finish, etc etc. You can't make replacement parts for car interiors that match. You can make stuff that doesn't match.

You can't cheaply 3D print suspension components, engine components, body panels, even plastic things like side skirts, bumpers, grilles, etc, are all too hard.

Wait for the real manufacturing revolution, when nano becomes a thing, in about 60 years.

US youtube vids on modding the 2020 supra, they 3d printed an intake manifold. Pretty sure they did it out of alumininum? Or maybe i was too drinked and misunderstood, but the words 3d, print, intake were definitely there.

• Thanks 1

3D printing of metal is possible. We've been doing prototype dev of burner components in high alloy stainlesses, and you can do Al, and Ti and all sorts. The problem with 3D printed metal parts is that they are not as strong/reliable as anything made from one piece, whether that started as cast or billet or forged. They are billions of little blobs of metal spray welded together. They are not even as good as conventional sintered pieces. Some might come out perfect, some might have high voidage in just the wrong spot, etc etc. Great for prototyping, but difficult to use for volume mnaufacturing, because of both cost and the quality issues.

For something easy like an inlet manifold, yeah, OK, likely to go alright. For a suspension or engine component - wouldn't easily get me trusting my life to it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hardsteppa said:

Papidakis Racing is the chap.

This guy bothers me.

They burnt the unused direct injectors up on the dyno. He did not remove them beforehand. Anyone with a 3W dashbulb brain would have expected them to fail. This is on the most recent WTF!??!!? moment I have had watching his stuff. He's like a total amateur. Defo not an expert.