SAU Community

Canada 1993 gtr ready for action

19 hours ago, BK said:

Holy shit dude....you and this car are not very good friends at all.

Midori Seibi would be my vote for a different / better quality Hicas delete kit.

Quick little rethread job with a way stronger eyelet and good to go again

7C6088B8-ABE8-4CDA-81AB-77FE92E1FCB9.jpeg

8F8045D0-781B-45A6-BE0A-E142C17ACAF9.jpeg

96AAF83A-DCD5-4493-9998-BBE604B54886.jpeg

9ADB2145-D3DD-4955-8040-645612F67260.jpeg

The rod ends that GK-Tech use are pretty good, in terms of mechanical strength (and max articulation angle, and PTFE lining, and rubber boots, etc). You may well have given it a hot supper though. If it was not tightened while centered and had lots of toe-in there could/would/should have been some nasty loads applied to it.

3 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

The rod ends that GK-Tech use are pretty good, in terms of mechanical strength (and max articulation angle, and PTFE lining, and rubber boots, etc). You may well have given it a hot supper though. If it was not tightened while centered and had lots of toe-in there could/would/should have been some nasty loads applied to it.

i have confirmed without a doubt when i finished tightening the bars on the alignment maching i had tourqued on the eyelet a bit. as well i drove it with exesive toe and i mean alot for about 200km. it was all operator error i ahve no problem with the gktech kit, how ever the eyelets i installed are wayyyyy better the gktech once are cast garbage. im going to rethread the other side with the eyelets i found at the local bearing store, cheers mate thanks for your help. i will be more careful in future. cars running really good at 16psi quite the kick...havce no idea what hp i have but my wife tries to watch the haltech screen as we do pulls at it shoots her in the seat everytime lol....need to add some ethanol for safety now.

Thanks to some tuning help from Ben my car feels like a rocket now lol. Thanks again mate. Checked for detonation everything still looks good. So I would say that’s a rap until e85 tune. Cheers and thanks to the guys that helped me out on SAU. 

FE67CD8E-19C3-4610-BABD-281DD7C6552A.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, trel said:

We need some drive videos. Great read from start to now.

That looks great dude ! 😃☺️😃

thanks my good mate there is a video a couple posts back right under the first picture with the cars hood up. ill post another one right now if i can

• Like 1

Here’s a small pull on 16 psi. I gotta turn it up another 7 psi on e85, just waiting for a weekend to get it on the dyno with a new CAS, fails when hot and the car won’t start when hot and it can’t read the timing that well at high rpm when hot. But anywho here’s what she sounds like,  it’s nothing like some of the cars on here but not bad for a broke canadian lol. Cheers.

• Like 1

well we got the e85 parts all ready to go so will be tuned at 25-28 psi this weekend so fingers crossed i dont blow er up. gunna be my first time tuning on a dyno. we are using a mustang dyno should do the trick.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2021 at 6:22 PM, GTSBoy said:

hey mate this ended up being the issue 100 percent. was not the gktech kits fault at all so i would still highly recommend the GKtech kit to all as this was a install mistake 100 percent on my part. thanks gktech for the new kit i wont screw this one up lol.

• Like 1

non irrelevant to the car but this old forestry truck has been good to us and there would be no gtr without it! a shout out to my great little family who has no problem living in the fast lane everyday. cheers mates have a good week.

the unit.jpg

tree2.jpg

tree5.jpg

tree6.jpg

• Like 2

Bahahaha !

Is that your little lad giving the thumbs up as well ?

Insanely cute !

And do you guys do scissor, paper, rock to see who gets up in that cherry picker . . . in winter . . . while its snowing ?

Balls of brass that job right there !

• Like 1

balls of brass or just no brains lol. its all i know and is  a far out job mate but yes pretty much. the little guy is crazy awesome very humble and outgoing. i hope the job never gets me as i do love cutting with my wife everyday. most people wouldn't be able to be connected to the hip like us but we manage to make it work cutting, building cars, hunting, fishing, just about everything together and really do enjoy it. as much patience as it takes to build a 1000hp gtr is what it takes to make it work lol. at the end of the day we are GTR people f the world rb26 greater than 2j for life.

• Like 1

On 12/04/2021 at 10:00 PM, mlr said:

Your a lucky man

Stay safe, and......send it

well put my mate. i fully believe in helping everyone and being kind to all and things can work out in the end. ive been through some major struggles and at the end of the day the gtr in a wierd way was the only thing i really trusted outside my family. 30 year old piece of junk that seems to just make a mate smile when im beatin the broom at it. cheers buddy thanks for the kind words i will try to keep posting cool useless stuff. live fierce, live strong, rb power.

hey good mate. i actually did read that post it was shortly after i joined sau. i might even have a post on that thread lol. but i couldnt agree more from time to time seems like we get used to the power and always want more or want what we cant have its human nature(example ppg 6 speed). i have learnt patience, how to be content, and how to just simply enjoy the gifts and relationshipds you are given and be super happy and thankful for people that have more than you in this case nicer cars because those are the guys setting the bars and giving us pesants future goals to work forward to. my mom always told me its better to plan for your life after death not be so focused on your current life, because how you make poeple feel and how you treat poeple at the end of the day is all that matters when judgement day comes mates. sorry for hammering away i just think alot of poeple could be more kind and less self centered these days and if that happened the ripple effect would be major. i even know in my small little town i live in in canada everyone is so fakin racist and worried about them selves i just hang out with my car wife and son. cheers mates rb power