SAU Community

MLR's Bogan cruise ship

Found a minor coolant leak, the coolant hose from the overflow to the engine, the clamp has seen better days, and I'm hesitant to just get a new clamp in case it is actually the hose on its way out

so, as I tend to do.....I'm replacing all radiator hoses and clamps

Lets hope the weather stays good till the parts arrive, riding the bike is the rain sucks balls

Did the cooling system flush with Rislone flush, although the system seemed clean and nice and red, and was flushed 12 months ago with the SCA flush, after the flush the red turned brown and lots of crud drained out,  then flushed the engine and core with clean water for a while before the water cleared up, then fitted the new OEM rubber coolant hoses and jubilee clamps, filled with Penrite red coolant and demineralised water

Also swapped out the diff oil with some Penrite pro gear 80w 140, I used Nulon 80w 140 last time, 12 months and 15k km ago, but the diff was a bit slappy with it, the Penrite has worked well in keeping it quite

20 minute test drive and miraculously no leaks 

Hopefully I can put all the undertrays back on tomorrow 

• Like 3

Called Harrop today to see when they are sending the HTV2300........well, Covid has struck again, it seems everyone, everywhere, are ordering stuff, lots of stuff, therefore......massive backlog for ordered parts.

They start fabricating 2300's for LS1 applications on........ 19 March.....

They did say mine will be one of the first to be shipped though

tenor.gif.ec8ad4f64a4c902ce9711c795d336811.gif

• Sad 1

Got bored and checked brake pad wear, rear were still pretty fat, fronts only had about 5mm left so.......got some Forza FP2 front pads on the way from Brakes Direct $139 delivered

Not bhed, good price

Got bored this morning and serviced the bogan cruise "bike", changed the engine oil, 20w 50 and the filter, the chain case and the transmission with 80w 140

The supercharger has arrived at Autotech in Clyde.....

I'm in Taree

Dooh

Should be home in a week or so, I'll book in then and hopefully have it installed and tuned soon after

In other, more disturbing news

Seen a dead calf today, it was under a big cow, I assume its mother, the cow had its guts hanging out and an unborn calf was hanging out in those guts, I was like WTF, life can be cruel 

Did have the big sads for them

33 minutes ago, robbo_rb180 said:

Good to hear supercharger is ready. 

That is understandable to have the sads but doing a great thing helping the locals out. 

Cheers mate, all the hard work is done by the locals and the young soldiers we throw at it, all I do is point and the young-uns and tell them to "GO GO GO"

I'll be returning soon though as I've got some medical shit going on that needs some attention, nothing serious, just minor maintenance on the old body.

Oh to be young again

4 hours ago, mlr said:

Looked at diary....booked the car in for the 12th March for the instal, tune and fuel pump upgrade.

Damn that’s a long wait..... unless u meant may

14 hours ago, robbo_rb180 said:

Awesome, you will be smiling for a while when you get it back.

I'll just leave this here............ :whistling:
https://tremaniacracingengines.com.au/product/ls-403ci-boosted-long-engine/

Mate, I'll be at the limits of my drivetrain, even with the built trans, with the 360-380kw that we are looking at making

Unless there is some current undiagnosed issues with the current engine, it "should" hold together fine

Fingers crossed - famous last words - hopefully- etc. etc.

• Like 1