SAU Community

Hks evc 5 setup r32 gtr

MoMnDadGTR

3 hours ago, jmknights93 said:

I spoke to the guy on the GTR UK forum today. I'll know by the weekend if there's some stored away but he is also happy to make a few more if required. I'll let you know how I go.

Right on mate you the man. Like I said you do the work of getting it together I’ll make it happen financially mate. Good team not bad at all. 

3 hours ago, jmknights93 said:

I spoke to the guy on the GTR UK forum today. I'll know by the weekend if there's some stored away but he is also happy to make a few more if required. I'll let you know how I go.

Right on mate you the man. Like I said you do the work of getting it together I’ll make it happen financially mate. Good team not bad at all. 

8 hours ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

He had one left over but said he can make some more, if you wanna send me a PM I’ll link you over to him and he can make some more up and ship directly over to you. 

15 hours ago, MoMnDadGTR said:

Just an FYI to everyone if you didn’t know, where you mount the step motor makes a big difference In how you need your gain set on your evc. Because mine is mounted so far away from the wastegates I had to crank my gain. I didn’t have this done, and This lack of knowledge caused me to spike at 32 psi last night and I chucked one of my Garrett’s.

For optimum boost control I would think you should get a Mac valve and let your Haltech  do the job (assuming its capable - my only experience is with the Link).

On 23/04/2020 at 7:21 PM, jmknights93 said:

He had one left over but said he can make some more, if you wanna send me a PM I’ll link you over to him and he can make some more up and ship directly over to you. 

hey mate just letting you know I got 4 of those mounts for the evc from josh coming, he said they will be ready in 2 weeks...pm me your address and I will send one your way for the efforts.  I will have 2 left im selling them for josh from gtr.uk(great guy), so let me know if your guys want one of these 75 aussy dollars shipped. that's what I paid per unit had to get a few to make it worth his time.

4 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

I bought a spare ashtray, cut a hole in the back of it and mounted the Profec inside. Close the ashtray lid and you'd never know it was there. Flip it down and the boost controller is right there. Best of both worlds.

I was trying to do this with my ash tray, but as its an evc 6 it doesn't fit well. something I did notice if I take the front cover off the ash tray the rest of it works as good backing for the controller. ended up buying a shit load of evc6 mounts off josh from gtruk. he also making me a custom centre vent mount for my hks gauges. will post when hes done im sure its gunna look nice he does great work. will be on build thread. I blew up one of my turbos so doing a bunch of work to the car right now.

On 4/28/2020 at 3:25 PM, GTSBoy said:

I bought a spare ashtray, cut a hole in the back of it and mounted the Profec inside. Close the ashtray lid and you'd never know it was there. Flip it down and the boost controller is right there. Best of both worlds.

Yeah, that's where my 4wd controller sits.

du lock makes a nice harness extension for the heat controls on a r32 gtr to move them to the glovebox making some nice space for gauges and controllers. 

https://www.nengun.com/do-luck/air-conditioning-switch-harness-kit

im going this route on the next gtr nice and clean and how often do you ever use the heat controls.

not really relevant to anything going on here but I guess that's alright.. I have a haltech and would never run that thing, i think its hideous lol....but than again im tuning with an evc and I have a haltec strictly because I think the evc looks cool so what the hell do I know haha....

haha fair call. Thought it might be a neater solution then moving the heater controls and installing gauges. 

You can display anything you want on the dash and have multiple displays to cycle through etc

Do you think the display itself is hideous? or the layout on the display? If its the latter you can change the colours to anything you want and there are different types of display layouts as well. 

ahh I gotta eat my foot here mate Im just thinking close minded. I always have liked the r32 gauges and wouldn't ever cover them personally. how ever defintily a good option for custom setup. I don't know if anything about it is that bad just love the old school gauges. when the night falls and the gauges are lit going down the road cruising im in my happy place.