SAU Community

R32 GTR Albins or Samsonas

Hi,

Does anyone here run an Albins sequential box in their R32 GTR? If so, did you have to modify the tunnel at all? Hard to find people running these transmissions.

Also, any feedback in general about the Albins will be good.

• 3 weeks later...

Am also intrigued in the Albins v Samsonas debate. Seems most time attack / circuit cars are running Albins and many drag cars run Samsonas. Anyone with any decent ideas / info on why?

I know Albins offer things like quick drop change of gearsets, but am wondering why the split and if there’s any data based reasons. 

On 7/13/2020 at 8:57 PM, Keegs said:

Am also intrigued in the Albins v Samsonas debate. Seems most time attack / circuit cars are running Albins and many drag cars run Samsonas. Anyone with any decent ideas / info on why?

I know Albins offer things like quick drop change of gearsets, but am wondering why the split and if there’s any data based reasons. 

The Albins has an internal oil pump so may help for circuit cooling but they appear to be similar. I think B2R are putting the Albins in some decent powered straight line cars at the moment

My mate will have his albins going in his 32 gtr next week

was ordered through Hypertune and is direct fit 

his making 950kw behind a PMC built billet block 2.8

afew other mates also running samsonas 

11 hours ago, SiR_RB said:

My mate will have his albins going in his 32 gtr next week

was ordered through Hypertune and is direct fit 

his making 950kw behind a PMC built billet block 2.8

afew other mates also running samsonas 

Nice! would LOVE to see the install pics!

• 4 weeks later...

Just went through all of this myself .. I bought the Albins today!  The updated Albins is the ST6-LP (Low Profile) - it comes in a new custom billet casing that direct fits (no tunnel mods like previously).  It is offered with a custom HyperTune shifter.  

I priced up the Albins, Samsonas, Holinger and PPG. Albins is the most expensive, Holinger and Samsonas about the same and the PPG was the cheapest.

Dan

Albins.jpg

albins1.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

• Like 5

On 21/08/2020 at 6:40 PM, IMACUL8 said:

Just went through all of this myself .. I bought the Albins today!  The updated Albins is the ST6-LP (Low Profile) - it comes in a new custom billet casing that direct fits (no tunnel mods like previously).  It is offered with a custom HyperTune shifter.  

I priced up the Albins, Samsonas, Holinger and PPG. Albins is the most expensive, Holinger and Samsonas about the same and the PPG was the cheapest.

Dan

Albins.jpg

albins1.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I ended up going with the Albins as well. Sure was the most expensive but I do plan on pushing the motor to around 12-1300hp hence the decision.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Predator1 said:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I ended up going with the Albins as well. Sure was the most expensive but I do plan on pushing the motor to around 12-1300hp hence the decision.

Well done mate!  Congrats.?

• 3 weeks later...

Just remember that Albins are now focusing more of their time and energy on the defense side of their business and therefore their customer support has dropped off in recent times, this is not hearsay but firsthand experience from a workshop that I do part time work for. Just something to keep in mind.