SAU Community

Lack of Communications from RB Oriented Shops

17 hours ago, MBS206 said:

Once you've got the demo, now you can sell it to them :)

Even a kanban on a white board with magnetic tiles where you can list the part, customer name, order number.

Different tiles, different category of work/part.

Not hard, just needs discipline.

They should hire me, I'll show them true Asian efficiency.

Duma.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Even a kanban on a white board with magnetic tiles where you can list the part, customer name, order number.

Different tiles, different category of work/part.

Not hard, just needs discipline.

They should hire me, I'll show them true Asian efficiency.

Duma.

Hahaha go ahead and slide that resume over to em

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SLVRBAKSLPZ said:

Hahaha go ahead and slide that resume over to em

asif they would want to pay for that, they're too stubborn I bet.

No business owner likes being told what to do, it's hard enough in the corporate world teaching an old dog new tricks.

I deal with boomers all day in the industry I work in and trying to get them to adopt tech is as hard as teaching your dog to not piss on your couch during their final years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

asif they would want to pay for that, they're too stubborn I bet.

No business owner likes being told what to do, it's hard enough in the corporate world teaching an old dog new tricks.

I deal with boomers all day in the industry I work in and trying to get them to adopt tech is as hard as teaching your dog to not piss on your couch during their final years.

I have a dog trainer sitting beside me. She says that's actually not a hard thing and she'd take that over teaching tech to stubborn people who don't get it. 😛

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...

Just an update:

So Im still waiting on the radiator since talking to the Owner of Hypertune on 11 Apr. But it looks to be shipping today or tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Besides waiting (9 months) on this thing it, took me until may to find out the fan I chose would possible not fit. I was gonna go with a brushless but with the recessed mounting it wouldn't work (initially I sent them dimensions/schematic to verify fitment. I was assured it'll get handled). So once the radiator was done and pressure tested I had to wait on a new fan. I go the news of the fact that it was all done and pending the fan on 12 May. I imagined that it wouldnt take more than a week for them to get a fan from a distributor and shipped out. I ended up messaging the fab guy i've been in contact with today and he let me know that they are now packing it up for shipment. That tells me that the fan was sitting and my order was forgotten about again. 

hopefully within the next couple of days I will be finished with this transaction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SLVRBAKSLPZ said:

I imagined that it wouldnt take more than a week for them to get a fan from a distributor and shipped out.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that Australia is equivalent to the US. We're physically the same size, but with 10% of the population, and a VERY much more laid back approach to business than the cutthroat US environment. So..... things can take a while. Stock is held....perhaps in a warehouse in Indonesia? Maybe Poland? It'll get here eventually. Then they can send it to you. After smoko.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

Don't make the mistake of thinking that Australia is equivalent to the US. We're physically the same size, but with 10% of the population, and a VERY much more laid back approach to business than the cutthroat US environment. So..... things can take a while. Stock is held....perhaps in a warehouse in Indonesia? Maybe Poland? It'll get here eventually. Then they can send it to you. After smoko.

Yeah I'm aware. I've bought my fair share of things from Aus to know shipments take a bit.

I like to think that Hypertune uses a distributor who has items readily available locally. Maybe not.

It was just convenient that when I asked about it then it was getting packed to ship. Makes be think that I was forgotten about.

Hats off to the fab guy. He has been stand up throughout

• 1 month later...

So, remember when I assumed the radiator was gonna ship out? turns out it didn't.

When I got told it was packed and ready, I didn't hear back or receive any tracking. I gave it a week and then asked what the holdup was. I was informed that they wanted to re-pack to add more bubble-wrap. At this point they were waiting on the packing material. I then waited 2 weeks before asking was it ready to ship out. Once I did ask, I was assured it was ready and will ship out that day. it's been a week since then and no tracking. I typically get an email from UPS/DHL/FedEx accounts when something ships to my address. I've also checked my USPS account to see if they may have used AU Post to ship and so far, nothing. 

I'm super frustrated at this point. Just feels like they took my $2k usd.

• Sad 3

17 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

You must be fuming.

I don't understand how they're so popular amongst the Skyline scene.

Probably due to Motive most likely.

I'm pretty patient, but this experience has irritated me pretty bad. I wish I was in a position to kick down their door. The fab guys are keeping that business in good standing. Pete and whoever else is in the back office, are failing customers.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

They could be making so much more money, look at Plazmaman now.

Funny story how Hypertune started.

I like funny stories, tell us more

• Like 1

Chiming in.. Haven't read the thread, as I assume it's about f**kingTune, I mean Hypertune. My personal advice is to stay well clear of these dream boats. f**king dream boats roped me in and took over a year to make my f**king FMIC which didn't even fit to begin with like they promised, and then charged me double for the magic 'Heat Resistant' paint... Then they got my end tank sizes wrong. FFS! You had ONE f**kING YEAR PETER LEWIN. And you STILL f**ked it up. /RantEnd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Let me use this diagram to help you visualise, we can assume "Classic" Plazmaman is right at the bottom of the evolution tree and modern day Plazmaman is the top left.

image.thumb.png.3fb0008b8b933df8ef4ce3a29a16d6cd.png

Haha, you mean Hyperf**kingshitTune on the FAR FAR FAR Right corner.. with the same cranial capacity as a spec of sand.

• Like 1

So, the radiator magically showed up today. I work nights so I just happen to see it sitting at my front door at 11pm. I'm glad one of the Missouri meth addicts didn't get froggy to steal it.

The fab work is clean. it mounts up proper. so far so good.

• Like 3

Well after the excitement and stress relief of getting the rad wore off, I noticed they didn't weld on a filler neck like I asked lol WTF. I asked for one in the OEM location but since they use the PWR 2-pass core, the tanks are on the side. I would like to think they should've known that I still required one.

Oh well, I get that handled eventually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

OMGWTFBBQ!

Never ending story, at least you have the product, just not how you wanted it.

I guess it's a near complete win?

Rt lol. its not a total waste of money. I mean its nice. welds are great and I like how they do the shroud.

considering that I told Pete what I wanted in Sept 22 then getting ghosted and having them rush to get it done; i can see how it got missed. In hindsight I shouldve just layed out everything with the fab guy.

Its all good though. I have a friend that can weld some Alu. I'll get it right once I get my vented hood in to ensure the filler fitment is gtg.

I could go breather tank but I hate all the extra hoses.

• Like 1