SAU Community

R.I.P.:an SAU'er & their R34?

LTSJayce

May this be a wakeup call to all of us who don't drive responsibly on public roads.

Keep it in your pants, or take it to the track. Your choice.

Condolences to the families and friends of the deceased. These people are the true victims.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously no news about this accident is going to make it better, but how much worse can it get. 15 ....she was just a baby.

Man this is ridiculous. The news I'm also hearing is that the father is overseas at the moment...take from that what you will.

Cheers

Mish

keep in mind that that 15 year old girl was also 7 months pregnant

keep in mind that that 15 year old girl was also 7 months pregnant

I think she was 16 though (no it was 15)...and I was told 8 months pregnant to the guy in the passenger seat (who was quite a bit older then she) with an 18 year old driver...

This is very sad....

condolences to all family members its so sad to see the sudden loss of life as a result of one bit of poor judgement. I dont think we can blame the driver entirely here I think that driver education plays a big part in this especially in any high powered vehicle such as this. The government needs to stop useless revenue raising and put some more money into effective driver education so that there is no more senseless loss of life.

I wish the families involved in this tragic accident every condolence and hope that they can grieve for their lost loved ones without too much media interference.

best wishes

Glenn

condolences to all family members

Driving is a privilege not a right. <-- Best damn thing ive seen said all week.

How many more of these events is it going to take to force the government to abandon its revenue first approach to road safety and actually tackle road safety head on - with education. Im so sick of watching my speedo so carefully to avoid speeding because it takes my eyes off the road too much!!

If you want to drive a car like this, you should have to earn it, with extensive driver training - how to actually handle a car like this, etc,

What more education actually does - is make you slow down anyway, because you are more warey of all the things that can go wrong!!

I know im 33 now and drive a STOCK car (tho it is turbo) and never speed and have all 12 points. Ten years ago I used to drive much quicker, and only be just hanging onto my licence with a thin thread. It just takes more than a few words to slow young drivers down and make them realise how important this is. It just doesnt get through enough tho.

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid. The trick is to survive being young and stupid. So for GOD SAKE you younger lot. SLOW DOWN AND THINK.

The governments' idea of banning P plate drivers on the road at night, with passengers, etc, is a bit harsh, but I can understand why they want to consider this. The idea of them enforcing younger drivers to drive a less powerfull car is also harsh, but it doesnt have to be judged on age, judge it on driver training. Implementing such a change to the driver licensing structure is just such a huge costly change to the transport system tho, that I think no transport minister is game enough to take it on.

sorry if i ranted on too long. This is really sad.

My Condolences to friends and family.

to those who know the family I hope you give them plenty of support.

I know this has already been said but guys there is no need to make comments about how the driver was speeding or how stupid they were (no disrespect meant). I lost a friend a few years back in a horrible accident and blaming the driver of the car he was in didn't bring my friend back. lets just show some respect.

ok guys simple as this.

Ive talked to a few people and chatted to a few freinds. This is the exact story (with there about speeds) of pretty much what happened.

Please guys, theres your facts just leave it at that.

Paragraph removed

and just to clear up a few things, the driver was not a 18 year old, he was 20. He has done many courses in offensive and defensive, including BMWs driver training courses, there wouldnt have been much he could do exept for not speed, but those of us that do know him, know that he was usually more responsible about choosing where to do such things.

[EDIT]

Your version of "the facts" have been removed.

If you have any information that you think is vital to the Police investigation, then contact the police rather than posting it on a public forum.

ok thats cool. I wasnt trying to imply that the driver was inexperienced, Of course I hardly know the facts, But if what I say MIGHT make someone stop and think and drive a bit slower, and maybe avoid a terrible tradgedy, then that makes me feel a bit better.

condolences to all family members  

Driving is a privilege not a right. <-- Best damn thing ive seen said all week.

How many more of these events is it going to take to force the government to abandon its revenue first approach to road safety and actually tackle road safety head on - with education. Im so sick of watching my speedo so carefully to avoid speeding because it takes my eyes off the road too much!!

If you want to drive a car like this, you should have to earn it, with extensive driver training - how to actually handle a car like this, etc,  

What more education actually does - is make you slow down anyway, because you are more warey of all the things that can go wrong!!  

I know im 33 now and drive a STOCK car (tho it is turbo) and never speed and have all 12 points. Ten years ago I used to drive much quicker, and only be just hanging onto my licence with a thin thread. It just takes more than a few words to slow young drivers down and make them realise how important this is. It just doesnt get through enough tho.

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid. The trick is to survive being young and stupid. So for GOD SAKE you younger lot. SLOW DOWN AND THINK.

The governments' idea of banning P plate drivers on the road at night, with passengers, etc, is a bit harsh, but I can understand why they want to consider this. The idea of them enforcing younger drivers to drive a less powerfull car is also harsh, but it doesnt have to be judged on age, judge it on driver training. Implementing such a change to the driver licensing structure is just such a huge costly change to the transport system tho, that I think no transport minister is game enough to take it on.

sorry if i ranted on too long. This is really sad.

:werd:

about 2 months ago i was also in a high-speed crash on the M4 in a 200kw atw R33 GTS-T driven by a green P-plater (he bought the car himself, not a present from mummy and daddy. guy spent all this year up to then working his arse off to save up to buy it). started fishtailing at about 160kmh, then went to the right, hit a guard rail, which sent us spinning out 10-12 times over a distance of 100m to where we were stopped by another guard rail on the other side. apparently our skidmarks were all over the road from where we hit the first rail to the one that stopped us.

noone had even a scratch.

ambos came to us going "we heard it was a high speed crash on the M4.. we had the body bags ready, and you lot dont even have a bruise amongst the lot of you".

needless to say we learnt a lesson that night.

stories like this only further reinforce how lucky we were.

we wont get another chance should any of us decide to be this stupid again.

whoever said that you shouldnt be scared of your skyline, but respectful of your skyline, human life, road rules and your driving ability is dead right.

so you're on a road and its nice and open and you think "if i floor it here ill be flying hell yeah".... think about what could happen after that.

you'll get a massive rush of pleasure and adrenlain for about 20 seconds.

to put into real perspective - there is 31353600 seconds in one year. are 20 of those worth anything at all? hell ****en no.

is a mere 20 seconds of pleasure worth it? maybe at the time yes. but what people want is the joy and the pleasure, without thinking of the consqeuences. because if something goes wrong what happens next? will you get an equivalent 20 seconds of pain for the 20 seconds of pleasure? of course not. you'll get 20 YEARS of torture. and thats IF you live to tell the story.

so next time you see an open wide space, nice and empty, the engines warm and someone is egging you on or you yourself feel like giving it a nice poke - think about the next 20 seconds, and whether that is really worth the rest of your life, and more importantly, wether its worth the LIVES of the passengers, if there are any.

leave it for the racetrack. thats the reason they were made in the first place.

drive safely. always.

RIP EVLR34, the driver, and the passengers.

such a waste of human life, for nothing.

:grouphug: