SAU Community

Buyer's Guide - The Nissan C34 Stagea

GoldZilla

Do RS260 Stagea's have rb25det listed on the genuine nissan compliance plate? cos i looked at one today they also said they had it running 22psi, as i own a gtir now not really sure on rb26 safe boost levels with factoy ecu's

yeah, pretty sure they do. Have the vin fasted by one of the guys on here

• 2 weeks later...
is there a savage price difference between the s2 and s3 stageas?

is there a huge equipment advantage,handeling or power with the different engine

the s3 is the later model but is it better?

im looking for a s2 or 3 turbo,auto,4wd

any help or importers here in adelaide would be wild

cheers

I assume by s3 that you mean the M35, the previous model was the WC34 which was available in a s1 & s2.

I my self have just purchased an M35 and it is awesome, power output is great and the features are abundant. Power windows, dual power sun roof, display monitor*, SAT NAV*, TV. (* not of much use until I get everything changed over and updated etc so it's in English not Japanese!!). It drives like a normal car, doesn't even feel like I'm driving a wagon that weights 2 tonne. I've been out in the rain and I've been hitting the pedal pretty hard and it hasn't missed a beat, no sliding or skidding.

So as you can tell I'm an M35 supporter, but the WC34's are awesome too, a little bit slower but after some performance work I'm sure you'd get them moving a bit faster. I think the thing I like about the M35, it doesn't look like something the cops would suspect is packing the power it's got. Most other cars on the road don't seem to have an idea what it's capable of either, they think it's just an everyday wagon. The WC34 on the other hand just looks a bit more old skool sporty, you know from looking at it that it's something out of the norm.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth :domokun: If you wanna see a nice WC34 s1 have a look at GoldZilla's :)

As for importers, I'm sure someone from the forum will be able to advise you on that one.

is there a savage price difference between the s2 and s3 stageas?

is there a huge equipment advantage,handeling or power with the different engine

the s3 is the later model but is it better?

im looking for a s2 or 3 turbo,auto,4wd

any help or importers here in adelaide would be wild

cheers

I have a series 1 and I love the look. The M35 don't look as cool in the photos but to be honest in the metal they are quite a good looking car.

Apart from appearance the main difference i would say (people's opinions will vary) is that the M35 is more modern and better equipped from stock but the S1 and S2 have much more go faster gear available if you're into that kind of thing (like me). But the M35 turbo with just a decent exhaust and some better suspension is pretty rapid.

Hi all

I am currently looking at getting a stagea and just have a couple of questions, if anyone could help.

Its a 1999 awd Manual rs4 neo

1. its only got 50000km ish on the clock, is that right or can they be wound back, being digital i wouldn't have thought so,and if so any way of checking

I read on one of these forums some where that someone can do checks

2. do the front cv wear out quickly on these

3. Has any one dealt with Japandirect in nsw, any good or bad feed back would be good, maybe pm with this answer so as no one gets in trouble

4. How do you go with insurance and do you recondmend any one.

5.any othere tips

any help would be good

cheers

Welcome to the world of Stageas!

1 - apparently winding odometers back is still possible even with the digital dash, not sure how common it is, but some of us have seen evidence of it before.

2 - front CV joints should be fairly reliable as long as the car hasn't had too much of a hard life. Unfortunately there are still many car owners who still treat their cars like crap, so this will obviously have an effect.

3 - never dealt with this company, even though I live in NSW, so I can't offer you any opinions there either way...

4- this all depends on your age, driving history, location, etc. I'd recommend Shannons, but I'm a fair bit over 25yo, have a garage to keep my car in, and have a good driving history with no claims and no driving infringements. Other insurers used include Famous, Just Cars, etc.

Hi all

I am currently looking at getting a stagea and just have a couple of questions, if anyone could help.

Its a 1999 awd Manual rs4 neo

1. its only got 50000km ish on the clock, is that right or can they be wound back, being digital i wouldn't have thought so,and if so any way of checking

I read on one of these forums some where that someone can do checks

2. do the front cv wear out quickly on these

3. Has any one dealt with Japandirect in nsw, any good or bad feed back would be good, maybe pm with this answer so as no one gets in trouble

4. How do you go with insurance and do you recondmend any one.

5.any othere tips

any help would be good

cheers

Is it the Pearl White one on their site?

To me the interior looks in fairly good nick, you might want to go and have a good look at the interior in person. A lot of forum users recommend this as the best way to get an indication if it's legitimate km's or if it's been wound back, I personally agree :) If it's got 100,000 km's plus the interior is going to be quiet warn unless it's been replaced but you should get an idea.

Also if you plan on major modifications to the vehicle, you may need to find a company that will insure it. I've heard of some people having problems with insurance after modding their vehicles. Shannon should be ok but I would double-check.

Whilst your at it, check this one out if you would be interested in a manual http://www.allimports.com.au/view/detail.p...4&car_id=48

This is the guys I brought my Stagea M35 from, so far so good and the prices are very reasonable.

Have a look at the other one but if it doesn't work out this one might be a goer.

has anyone ever come across a stagea without a sunroof?
i have an M35 with no sun roof

My C34 has no sun roofs (rooves?)

Its either a moon roof and a sunroof(2 in total) or none.

BTW; Autechs never had a sun roof option

Hope this helps

There is (apparently) at least one Autech with them optioned, and it's here in Australia. It was for sale for quite a while, and if I remember correctly was a black s2, one of the very last to be built, and was up in Qld.

i'm just in the market for a stagea now

despite being an option, every s1 i have seen has dual sun roofs

i'm after a s2 because of the tip tronic auto and the neo engine

seen a perfect s2 i'm in the process of buying but has no sunroof - i would like it for added wank factor but i guess it means no leaks or something else to break

i'll get over it...

Edited by 910trx

what i can say daniel is what i did.

i wanted a S2 with sunroof and leather. took me 9months to find one. and bam jumped on it .

if i wanted to be happy with my choice i wanted to perfect. dont rush into one then regret not getting the one your really wanted .

hope that helps, Kamikazi motors, J-spec imports, carsales.com there is plenty out there !

i'm just in the market for a stagea now

despite being an option, every s1 i have seen has dual sun roofs

i'm after a s2 because of the tip tronic auto and the neo engine

seen a perfect s2 i'm in the process of buying but has no sunroof - i would like it for added wank factor but i guess it means no leaks or something else to break

i'll get over it...

My last S1 had no sun roof. The one I have just bought has two. I see them as just more weight, something else to go wrong and potential for leaks. You don't want a sunroof when its cold and wet and when its hot they reduce the effectiveness of your air-cond!

My sunroof leaks when I park nose downhill, apparently I need to clean out the drain that runs down the passenger A piller. For now I just park it across the slope instead lol.

But I love my sunroofs....this is not sports car what is another 20kg when you are lugging 1700 around?

BTW my plan when I bough the car was to buy whatever cheap, and then replace the bits I don't like. Base car was about 11k (white S1 auto high klm). Add $10k and now I have rb30, manual, DVD, upgraded shocks/springs/swaybars, good tyres, leather interior, sat nav. Pretty happy although it has taken a while to get it all right, at least that means the price is spread over time.

the s1 i test drove had dual sun foofs and was pimpin

but the s2 i'm set on doesnt have them, but considereing i'm getting this one at a reasonable price with better condition and better motor, i can live without a sunroof, afterall this is meant to be a family/long term highway cruzer that the missus is comfortable with and i can also enjoy (my datsun is 3000km in a garage - the silly car).

opinions are always varied regarding sunroofs, i guess being in a part of australia which has experienced 138mm of rain in 6 hours - 1 less thing to leak is a bonus :P .

overall this thread and some others on this forum has been brilliant in assisting me to find the "right one" for purchase. it has been an exceptional resource - unfortunately i have found the DIY and mod pages...

i look forward to getting this thing and being a long term registered lurker on the site. Cheers

Edited by 910trx

the think i dont like about sunroofs are they are another potential motor/item to break =$$$

they can leak= $$$

the attract rust=$

and they lower your head height in the car

not to mention the added weight for no real gain.

the think i dont like about sunroofs are they are another potential motor/item to break =$$$

they can leak= $$$

the attract rust=$

and they lower your head height in the car

not to mention the added weight for no real gain.

yeah, but on a warm summers night with both of them open it pretty cool :thumbsup:

and the kids love it