SAU Community

Jordy's R34 Gtt

Hey guys, it's me! I'm back! I sold my R32 earlier this year and I couldn't resist so I'm back and I bought myself an R34 GTT. This was for sale on this forum actually and after returning home from a business trip in the UK, selling the R32 I went and met the owner before driving home in my new skyline.

This is how the car looked after taking it home, putting my enkei RPF01's on and giving it a wash.

wjFgLo8l.jpg

The general theme for this car is Nismo, and I plan to make it how I'd imagine a Nismo S-Tune R34 GTT would/could have been.I
Currently the car is more or less stock pushing just under 200kw, with the following modifications:

- ARC turnflow front mount intercooler

- Kakimoto 3" Stainless exhaust

- Cusco tension rods

- Bride seats up front

- Apexi SAFC

- Nismo Cluster

- Nismo Triple gauge pod

- Nismo S-Tune Suspension

- Nismo sway bar set

Plans for the car so far are to nistune and keep it at a reliable power level and enjoy driving it! It's comfy, spacious and a lot of fun!

Once this thread is approved I'll be uploading more photos and further progress on the car.

Cheers! :wub:

• Like 9

Small update

Had a little bit of a service day with a friend of mine who has an R32 skyline so we got a few things done together both on my car and his.

To start, i purchased a set of JSAI Z-Tune Style side skirts and rear pods which i installed.

Started by taking them out of the packaging, and started preparing them for paint.

wdOR4NUl.jpg

Ready for sanding

Z6gY3B8l.jpg

Primer has been applied

7I4uOP3l.jpg
Performed a bit of a balancing act to have these dry in the sun, friendly neighbours not sure what i was up to but more than happy to let me continue :)

Kd2nRr2l.jpg
Things getting colourful, i used pressure pack / rattle can colour matched to my paint code. After 3 or so coats i allowed these parts to dry for 3 days

Time to install the parts!

zFZt4JUl.jpg
1 Pod installed

7Whon3xl.jpg
2 Pods installed

HTkAB2al.jpg
Side skirts installed

HfyWu80l.jpg
Went for a drive to the sailing club to grab some snaps of the car :)

That was the end of that day! - The next day was sunday, again car day with my friend with the R32, he's a neighbour / best friend of mine :)

Today's task was to replace the obnoxiously large BOV for a smaller and more stealth looking model.

I installed the ever popular Turbosmart Kompact BOV on both mine and my friends car

kaO6rMKl.jpg

This didn't make too much of a difference on my car as it previously had a recirculating BOV but i am resting a little easier knowing that the BOV is harder to see and is new :)

I'll have another update by next week :)

Cheers!

• Like 3

Glad to see you're back into it! You probably wouldn't know what to do with yourself if you didn't have a skyline in the driveway haha

Oh yeah was a weird feeling, waking up on the weekend and not having something to tinker with or even look forward to, was odd..

Had to get back into it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of time on the long weekend to install my Viva Garage D1 front lip which is a replica of the URAS ER34 Front lip if you were wondering.

Firstly found a nice piece of street out the back of my friends house and removed the front bumper.

Qi5ReL9l.jpg

Unpacked the lip and rubbed back the gel coat with scotch-brite and after giving it a wash hit it with a few coats of primer

oJQZaMZl.jpg

Once that was dry i caoted the lip with 3 coats of satin black rattle can from supercheap.

UB0ebepl.jpg

This was the hard bit, but got my 2 mates to stop working on their R32's for a second to give me a hand.. I put a few dabs of sikaflex along the bottom of the lip and bolted it on. The front lip bolts to the fastening holes along the front of the bumper which the factory "bash plate" / wind guard bolt to so keep that in mind. I let the sikaflex dry first and after that I bolted the under tray back on.

tkHdsWSl.jpg

Testing with the bar resting back on, pretty happy with it.

0xxoMTMl.jpg

Happy with that!

Honestly I was expecting the worst when it came to fitment, countless posts and reviews saying how bad their products had been to fit, but this was different, this was fantastic for a fibreglass replica fit on perfectly!

I should probably considering ordering another as this is sure to get blown up but hey, ill enjoy it while it lasts!

• Like 4

Subbed, looks good! Overall, how difficult did you find putting on the lips/skirts/pods? How long did it take you? This is the look I'm going for with my car and it looks great. Improves the car without going overboard in my opinion! Don't see too many red GTT'S either!

Edited by RR34GTT

Subbed, looks good! Overall, how difficult did you find putting on the lips/skirts/pods? How long did it take you? This is the look I'm going for with my car and it looks great. Improves the car without going overboard in my opinion! Don't see too many red GTT'S either!

Hey mate, thanks for the kind words!

To be honest i'm fairly confident when it comes to working on my car and i have all of the tools required so these jobs are learning/fun to me. This was the first major paint/panel job i've done however and it came together fairly easily with a bit of thinking and know-how. The hardest bit was getting the skirts lined up without someone to help me hold them but clever use of painters tape and some old books to keep them propped up made it do-able

Thankfully the JSAI parts fit incredibly well for replica parts, and the same can be said for the D1 spec front lip. The lip took me and a mate to get it secured on to the front bar comfortably... The main reason this was a pain is because both the front bar and lip are awkwardly shaped and we were fixing the lip to the front bar while it was balanced on top of a wheelie bin.. lol

As for the time frame, i allowed a good 2 or so hours of fitting time for the skirts and pods just because you want it to line up right, mock it up a few times, look at it from different angles and then mount them up. As for the lip that took a couple of hours of painting but once it was painted it went on with the front bar in about 15 minutes.

Cheers :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good mate! i two can say that jsai parts are good quality.. as ive been running the same skirts and rear pods (as well as the z tune front) for some time now. keen to see where you go with this... also.. im not normally sold on red skylines but hey proven me wrong :)

• Like 1

You have a good eye and skill with mods.. people like that are rare so i enjoy reading and looking at threads like this.. i'd end up paying for this stuff lol :laugh:

Good work mate, keep it up

Edited by AngryRB
  • Like 1

Aw thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words!

A package from Kudos arrived a week or two ago with my new Blitz type SE turn flow inter cooler inside which I was keen to install! While i do have an ARC turn flow front mount, unfortunately it has had a few bumps in the bottom and a small repair, while it still flows well i felt it was a good time to replace it and the ARC will be used by a friend on another project so there is no love lost.

As all other genuine parts the Intercooler kit came well packaged and included everything, bolts, brackets, hose clamps and joiners

Unboxed and unwrapped.

5IH9tgvl.jpg

Fresh cooler is always a nice sight

y2sSOXCl.jpg

Unfortunantly im not a fan of the typical polished alloy look so i gave them a rub back with some scotch brite

GrTzLYKl.jpg

Hung them up in my poor excuse of a work space

0asRMl4l.jpg

Hit the pipes with 3 coats of etch primer

o5h4k7ll.jpg

3 coats of satin black later

dTEutNvl.jpg

Cracked a can of V and got the front bumper off, working in the street is getting really old really quick.

01YDazcl.jpg

Airbox out and hose clamps disconnected

Fu8WEJil.jpg

Mounted up and plumbed up, thankfully the blue silicon is not visible when the bar is back on

e6Ju2IOl.jpg

All finished!

O0CYUCNl.jpg

Front bar on and everything back together!

F6YnrDEl.jpg

Started it up and tested for leaks and took it for a test drive, as expected there was next to no difference while running more or less stock boost but thankful that the blitz will hold up when i start to lean on the motor a little more and push some extra boost!

:D

• Like 1