SAU Community

Hobbies Scale Model Kits

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those guys interested in buying a few car kits, do yourself a favour and order through HobbyLink Japan. The prices are VERY good and it is cheaper to sit at home and order from Japan than it is to drive to a hobby store and buy it in person.

GTRsean those cars look great dude, awesome work. :rolleyes:

I started this one before my first kiddo was born and finished it after the second! So glad to see it off the desk and on the shelf.

100_2324.JPG

The Arai WRC Impreza

100_2321.JPG

The RX-7 was the first 1/24 I built.

IMG_0266.JPG

And here's the rest taking up space and being used as a 'discussion point' with my wife :D I bought a set of Gibson decals for the Grp A car.

IMG_0267.JPG

Im doing the r32 gtr on the top right u have there now cowie :D

I saw the 2000 gtr hard top, which i might do next. If i did a plane though i think id have to do the one that has the scissor wings, or the one that does vertical take-offs (im not into planes much, but i like those ones :rolleyes:)

Nice! I'm not sure if I want to make it the same as my car or something different. I've always liked the dark blue and the burgundy R32s! What are your plans?

I've seen that R32 kit in shops and online for around the $40 mark - I bought all of mine through that website for around $13-$15 each, yeehah!

What's the scissor wing plane? The vertical one sounds like a harrier but I'm not sure what the other one is! :rolleyes:

Nice! I'm not sure if I want to make it the same as my car or something different. I've always liked the dark blue and the burgundy R32s! What are your plans?

I've seen that R32 kit in shops and online for around the $40 mark - I bought all of mine through that website for around $13-$15 each, yeehah!

What's the scissor wing plane? The vertical one sounds like a harrier but I'm not sure what the other one is! :rolleyes:

Im painting mine metallic black.

Scissor wing i think is the tomcat?

tomcat1.jpg

Im painting mine metallic black.

Scissor wing i think is the tomcat?

:rolleyes:

You got it. Hey when you decide to buy one, look for a Hasegawa or a Fujimi. They make the best Tomcats in 1/72 scale.

Black sounds smooth, and then you don't have to paint the black trims around the windows! :D

curse this thread, after looking at the hobby link japan site i now wanna buy a tonne of models cos they are sooo cheap compared to my local model shot, instead of paying $40 for one from the model shop, the same model can cost $11 its crazy

To the guy's who collect the diecast car's , you might want to stay away from the car shows then. Last time I went to one I came home with a HKS R32GTR 1/18 scale and a Taisan R32GTR 1/18 scale . Cost buck's though. :P I also have the 1990,1991 and 1992 bathurst legends in 1/42 scale.

I got a 1/12 R32GTR model kit for my birthday a while back but still had no time to assemble. I have been cocentrating more on my 1/32 scale A10 Thunderbolt. This thing is 508mm long with a wingspan of 542mm.

metal landing gear, exposed mini cannon and engines.

HI all....loving the thread I thought I was the only one with this obsession!

I just helped my girlfriend finnish a 1:24th model of Impact Blue from Initial D yesterday..I am also building a garage with a hoist and stuff for her to display the car on! I also bought a 1:18th die cast model of a R32 GTR on saturday! It is awesome. It has carpet in the interior and suede type stuff on the seats and door cards, it even has metal brake discs!!!

I will go home and post up pics tonight!...awesome collections guys

I made the nismo v35 in the first post, which was a diaster. the interior turned out great, but when I tried to paint the body it was patchy (spray can), so in frustration i dipped it in turps and rubbed like hell with paper towls which f**ked it royally. even better was that the wheel stubs broke (as had all my other models) and the body wont stik to the chassis. oh well, the paint has a crackle look :lol:

I am currently building an r33 GTR and have stuffed the paint on it twice now.

I'm wet and dry papering it to get it smooth and am painting it in bright red, then clear coat. I'll post a pic when I succeed...

Here's my 1991 biante 1:18 bathurst winner I bought a while back.

Just need the winfield one now.post-12712-1144038188.jpg

Some more pics of Tamiya models and others,

post-12712-1144038335.jpgpost-12712-1144038499.jpgpost-12712-1144038607.jpgpost-12712-1144038728.jpg