SAU Community

Rb25det Forward Facing Plenums

Hey people,

I have been looking at the greddy plenums and also the knock off's of them

and am wondering are they a hard thing convert to what parts are need

to finish the install etc, and is it worth doing ,original idea was using a

rb26 one but i feel this mayt be a bit difficult and more $$$$ to do it this way

but i am realling just wanting to shorten my piping but it is alot neater.

Just want to see what all you recon about them,

Thank yo ;)

I'm trying to get a forward facing plenum, but I have an RB25DET in an S13. A forward facing plenum means I dont have to chop my bonnet up or raise it up with spacers.

So it's not really a matter of "I want more power" I know I will not get any gain simply by changing the plenum, but same question as above.... what is involved?

Where can I get one of these "cheap knockoffs" I have ordered an autotecnica item from autobarn, but it has taken months and it still hasnt arrived.... its only $370 (a fraction of the price of a greddy plenum) and they apparently perform quite well after being ported.

Some advise would be good, but please dont tell me "it's not worth doing", because this is my only option (short of a custom engine crossmember, which would cost even more)

To make it worthwhile I really need a full plenum including the runners, the ones that bolt ontop of the standard runners will still be too high.

thats not true.

i run a plazmaman plenum on my standard runners in my 180sx, which arguably has a lower curved bonnet than a silvia. Mine only needed a slight bit clipped from under the blanket, or you could space the rear up slightly.

I agree to a certain extent but there are power gains to be found in a plenum that is designed correctly. if it is just for the bling factor i would say spend your money on something else. If it is because you are trying to lower intake air temps and increase air speed, or increae intake runner length to increase midrange torque i would say do it. Depends on your goals and application, they are generally a supporting mod for other modsifications such as larger turbo and aftermarket ECU. It also makes a changing plugs a breeze. but as already stated i probably is not a mod i would do on a stock to mildly modified car. attached a pic of one i make. also has billet top feed fuel rail and 80mm throttlebody.

For the point about "is it worth doing"

I would say no.

Far better and more worthwhile things to spend money on.

If i made over 300rwkw with the stock item, it cant be too bad :D

post-20078-1152656874.jpg

post-20078-1152656996.jpg

post-20078-1152657107.jpg

thats not true.

i run a plazmaman plenum on my standard runners in my 180sx, which arguably has a lower curved bonnet than a silvia. Mine only needed a slight bit clipped from under the blanket, or you could space the rear up slightly.

What crossmember are you using?

Where do I get one of these plenums and how much are they?

Im currentlly towards ARE for a new font facing plenium...

I am currentlly looking for one to keep the engine bay neat and tidy once i put the high mount on the exhaust side.

By using a front mounting plenium i can keep the piping shorter and i can also put on a larger after market throttle body...

hey guys,

i have an r33 gtst fitted with a plazmaman front mounted plenum. to speak of the gains, i had the car dyno'ed at 202.3rwkw with just a front mount, exhaust and pfc. we added the plenum and immediately picked up 20rwkws. The big positive was that we were able to add anywhere up to six degrees of i/t across the maps. Throttle response is noticably improved.

On the negative side, idle is now a little lumpy due to the removal of everything except iac.

all in all thou i now have 220rwkw for just over 1500 spent.

was it worth it? hell yeah

gc

the blitz adapter kit to suit GTR plenum on an Rb25 is wroth about $700-$800 not inc the gtr plenum..

also remember you will be using a gtr fuel rail, so you need some form of aftermarket ecu to run the larger injectors

-michael :yes:

• 2 years later...

RawBrokerage.com is producing, to be out in DEC, an RB25 specific individual throttle body manifold, 100% aftermarket.

no more need to mess with blitz adapters that arent made and scrounge for 26 parts. i dont have any details on the price yet, but im delaying my 2.8L stroker build inorder to use one.

can you imagine what an RB28 would sound like on ITBs and a 6boost manifold and brian crower cams? like a herd of bison being pushed off a cliff.

Edited by Travis Bickle

I gained approx 25rwkw with a front facing plenum and 80mm throttle body. Gained way more top end however I think I actually prefer the improved low down response of the standard plenum. Only problem is they are defectable and stand out like dogs balls to cops.

I gained approx 25rwkw with a front facing plenum and 80mm throttle body. Gained way more top end however I think I actually prefer the improved low down response of the standard plenum. Only problem is they are defectable and stand out like dogs balls to cops.

Painting it black might help abit; I would def do it if i had an rb25 as i hate the cooler pipes on aftermarket IC with the stock setup.

powerwise; the blitz drift 4door r34 was using the stocker and probably pushing close to 600hp.

Changing spark plugs is now a pleasure :P

that too; definitely a bonus.