it hurts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here you go - the kink at Sandown including RowdyR32

Also - you won't cause a crash to someone else at a sprint day. I've never seen it happen. People cause their own crashes.

i want more crash vids from sawndown plz:)

Been to 2 drift days at QR, both times I had BIG off's, thankfully either into kitty litter or the big infield just after corner one. Yes that is right kiddies, DONT TRY TO GRAB THIRD whilst drifting corner 1 at qr!!!

Anyway flogged the livving shit out of my poor old r33 and never once hit anything, although if it had swung the other way after corner 1 there is nothing but concrete wall to meet you there.

Anyway here is a vid on how much I SUCKED at drifting, was freakin great fun but!! Oh and only had to be towed home once, fuel pump died, THANK GOD for Oz!

http://www.orbitfiles.com/download/id229997355

• 4 weeks later...

3 OF MY MATES HAVE COME OFF AT WINTON RACEWAY DRIFT DAYS THEY WERE ALL SWEET THEM SELVES

BUT THEIR CARS WERE ANOTHER STORY

RIP TT RX7

RIP 96 200SX S14A

RIP S13 HI COMP

THATS JUST MY BOYZ

IVE SEEN AT ONE EVENT A LIL HACHI (AE86) END UP ON ITS ROOF

COUNTLESS R32 AND S13 AND 180SX TAKE TO THE WALL OR ANOTHER CAR

BE CAREFULL LOOK AFTER YOURSELF DONT WORRY IF YOU ARE A LITTLE SLOWER JUST GO TO OPEN CLASS EVENTS SO U CAN LEARN THE TRACK IN INDIVIDUAL RACE FORM BEFORE U GO TO COMPETITION OR CLUB LEVEL AGAINST OTHERS

DONT BE SCARED EITHER U DONT WANT TO BE THE SHAKY GUY OUT THERE ON THE TRACK

Edited by GUN_METAL_GTR32

Yeh I was the one who binned the 32 gtr. As Roy said most of it is yourself. I only had a couple hours sleep that night and I wasn't all there at the track and being myself I drive a little chaotic. A little brain fade in a car I owned for 3 weeks with shit tyres and suspension and that was what happened.

Oh well the car came back better and is still being abused at track days.

Just look at my sig for an example.

This is the car now

• 2 weeks later...

If you push it you have a higher chance. I think what you're really asking is if you can go to the track and have fun without a chance of axing your car. The answer is yes.

First time I went to the track I was starting drifting entries at about 100-130kmh... I spun out a few times, aborted lines and came screetching to a halt after launching over a ripple strip and totally lost control and came off a couple of times just holding on and waiting for an impact (sliding over wet grass)..

Out of those, the worst I got was a tiny touch of from a tyre wall - and the only reason I got there was because I left the track aimed in that direction at about 120kmh over damp grass and no sand. Even having slid all the way over the grassed area towards the wall - all it did was leave a little green mark on my front bar (which was pig-spec anyway) - I had lost so much speed it felt like a blind geriatric walking with a walking frame into your shopping trolley or something else non-event , I just bounced lightly like you would touch parking.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is you can have lots of fun as a beginner without high risk of smashing your vehicle. If you do silly things or are totally immature in judging your ability (or have tickets/ego/showoff tendencies) then you'll probably be of a higher risk.

• 4 months later...

This is my zed after I spun of a turn 1 at sandown in practice and a porsche driver decieded that yellow flags didnt meen slow down and nailed me!!!

just proves you dont even have to be actually on the black stuff to be in a crash:(

ow well doing a rebuild and fitting a r33 rb25det now:)

Ash

post-26090-1177458224.jpg

ouch. at least it will come back quicker than before :(

this is mark's car after rolling it 5 times at targa:

looks fine to me? was the damage on a side of the car not in the pic or something?

In nearly 3 years of going to the track I've only come off twice. Both times just got lots of dust everywhere.

Haha it's funny to see old posts you made. I've had one more off since this. 180km/h into the kink at Oran Park GP. I lifted off early then thought I would give it another quick stab of speed for the kink and brake after that. BIG mistake. The stab on the throttle while turning in for the kink brought the arse end around and I went flying off the track.

Everything went slow and I managed to control the spin in such a way as to go off backwards straight because I was thinking that if I hit the kitty litter sideways I could very well flip it. This worked out well because the only damage I sustained was my rear rotors cracking from being stuck in the sand while mega hot. Also got sand up the clacker (in the exhaust pipe). :(

In the US isnt it life for the third offence. Looks like EC in the rain. Calder at a drift day and Sandown yesterday. Each time its been just a baby touch of tyres. Im so weak, one day i need to just plain old drill a wall :(

• 3 weeks later...
In the US isnt it life for the third offence. Looks like EC in the rain. Calder at a drift day and Sandown yesterday. Each time its been just a baby touch of tyres. Im so weak, one day i need to just plain old drill a wall :)

been there, done that, don't reccomend it. :) though I do feel pretty tough now.

mine was a combination of things. poor rear end set-up, tyres not so good, pushing hard, some oil on track. fast, 4th gear corner. lost it at 140km or so, came off the track backwards, slid a long way, then backed it into the wall. damaged bumper, reo, exhaust and pride. it reinforced in me the fact that anytime you are on the track something can go wrong. especially when you are entering corners at such high speed. BUT I was back out 2 days later after checking the car over.

I have had a few off's but the latest one at Wakefield park at the Powerplay Imports day, cracked my dump pipe and the wastegate actuator bracket. More of a pain in the ass then anything else.

A friend put 2 wheels into the dirt at turn 1 at Eastern Creek at 180km and then tried to get back onto the track.. BIG mistake. Arse end swung round on him and flung him into the wall on the inside of the track front on and then spun him round and hit the rear. The result - write off! I saw the whole thing as I was following. I was worried I was going to hit him as he spun across the track.

Not very enthusiastic nor confident about going back to EC - mind you I went out for the next session!

RIP one 260Z with RB25 at Barbagallo in 2001

Coming over the crest of the hill in 5th at about 225kmh and still wheelspinning when a very nasty Commodre driver on slicks tagged my back bumper, turned me around backwards, rear of car air borne and into the only bit of cement wall running in the opposite direction to the track.

Result 260Z half a metre shorter, 60litres of Avgas pouring onto the ground, rear hatch lexan found 100 metres away from the car, roll cage welds cracked at every point, tunnel looking like a tissue box that someone trod on, driver unharmed and walked away....bloody angry though...

Car plasma cut into three pieces and sent to the scrap yard :)