SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Economy

RUS

I've been using it for a while now, I like it.

its great.. i do a mixture of city country and freeway driving, country is a pain due to roundabouts everywhere and lots of changes in the speed limit

just changed o2 sensor, reset ecu and done my first tank since using shell 98 and dropped from 14.82/100 to 12.91/100

this whole tank was using the power button also, nice driving a few heavy moments here and there as its just too tempting but overall a gentle drive.

was having issues with stuttering at 80/100kph and more so in normal driving mode hence using the power button it seemed to clear it for some reason so see how we go with a tank on normal mode :)

That's interesting with the united 100, to bad there aren't any near me to try it.

On my first tank after getting my RS4S i got 12.6l/100kms. running BP 98. 50/50 driving and being a new car i was boosting it quite a bit. should get it pretty close to 10l with sensible driving.

thats interestinga and worth a look, whats the difference in price from shell to united 100?

I can't remember off the top of my head.

It works our to about 16l/100 on 98 and 14 on 100. So not great either way, but there is a definite improvement on 100 for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Averaged my first 1000 km's with AR-X at 10.5 l / 100 km. Was expecting something near 12, so I'm very pleased. Seems to be more economical than twin turbo Legnum or Legacy. This was on 98 octane, maybe I should try 100 octane V-Power.

i put in 45ltr of BP ultimate,

30km to work, half on the expressway half in traffic.

i usually get 400k out of it.

i recon i need new coilpacks and a tune then see where we end up

RS4-S sII

Gulf western Synx-6000 in and all diff oils changed (still need to do gearbox but the filler is too tight)

Seems to have helped the economy a little bit

10.5ish l/100 which is really good for down here in tassie (about 1% flat roads)

• 1 month later...

just replaced the tired coilpacks with brand new splitfires and a brand new oxi sensor, interested to fill her up and see if i have improvement, definatly an improvement on reving her out so far :D

Drove to landsborough today and got 9.0 - 9.7 km/ltr highway. Tried to keep it off boost as much as possible. Was at about -4.3 - -0.8 vacuum most of the way

Get your calculator (or phone) out and convert that to litres/100km

• 5 months later...

After fitment of the following to my M35

1. Power intake duct

2. Fujitsubo legalis cat back exhaust

3. Scotty stainless dump pipe

On a recent trip I got 7.6L/100k. That was cruising down the Princes from Melbs to Bairnsdale (possibly with tail wind!)

I was running United 100.

Awesome! Had to re-do the calcs a couple of times!

I've done similar economy on highway trips (down to apollo bay for example), not giving it the berries and taking it easy.

Hey guys, I have had a bit of a search but I'm just wandering what size is a stock Stagea S2 Fuel tank?

I think my economy is crap, I've been using premium 98 and while i haven't tested from full to nearly empty I've done 150km and my fuel gauge has dropped half? (would calculate but don't know tank size)

Does this seem out of the ordinary for an S2 in normal suburban conditions?

Fill up the tank till the pump clicks, reset trip meter, drive until most of the tank is gone, then refill. Take note of the distance and the litres consumed. The fuel gauge is useless for calculating economy.

Fuel tank is 68 litres, but youll never get close to emptying it. Nor should you since the pump can get uncovered leaving you with a car that wont start.

Hey guys, I have had a bit of a search but I'm just wandering what size is a stock Stagea S2 Fuel tank?

I think my economy is crap, I've been using premium 98 and while i haven't tested from full to nearly empty I've done 150km and my fuel gauge has dropped half? (would calculate but don't know tank size)

Does this seem out of the ordinary for an S2 in normal suburban conditions?

For example Im finding that when I fill up my "empty" tank, there is still consistently ~15 litres left, if the tank is 68 litres. Big margin for error.

I have put 63 or 65 litres in.

Live on the edge!

I left my car parked on a slope to the left once when the tank was low but not what Id call "empty" low. The damn thing wouldn't start till I rolled it onto flat ground. I think the fuel pump would be living on the edge (or slowly heating itself to death).

I had that happen once. Had probably 1/8th of a tank left....parked in my usual spot and the friggin' thing wouldn't start. Wrst still it was nosed into a spat where I had to reverse back up a hill to get out....had to jump on the bike and go get a jerry of fuel. Very annoying.