SAU Community

Light-up / Illuminated R33 Skyline Boot Garnish

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White is illegal as only white light is allowed to be emitted from the front of your car constantly. Reason being is people will get confused and think you are stuck in reverse. Anyhow, same applies for the front with red light.

Are you going to post some examples of the ones you are working on? I need to see some before I go ahead. :thumbsup:

Im not guarranteeing its legal, but I am just telling you my experience with having it on for the last 6 months.

The silver one on the top left and top right in the first post are two separate ones which I have made, these should give you an idea of what it is..

Hey People,

You may have seen the odd post about these from time to time or even ones which I have sold previously. Basically these Light Up Skyline Garnishes can be wired up with ease to work with brake lights or constantly switched on with your parkers, and should hopefully be available in various colours and look much brighter than the factory unit, as you can see.

The total price of these Garnishes will be no more than $300, less without the supply of the lighting. I am also may be getting some to have a 'stock' appearance during the day when turned off, (no clear looking letters as you can see in the last pic) this element of stealth may come at a small additional cost.

So if you have been wondering where to score one or have tried making one of these trick pieces for the back of your liner, wonder no more! If you genuinely you would like one of these please post here (no chit chat please) with the colour and model of your car (R33 Series 1 or 2) and I will be sure to get back to you very soon.

Thanks.

I want one cbf making it myself.

Do u want to do mine now? Cos i want one now.

White is illegal as only white light is allowed to be emitted from the front of your car constantly. Reason being is people will get confused and think you are stuck in reverse. Anyhow, same applies for the front with red light.

Are you going to post some examples of the ones you are working on? I need to see some before I go ahead. :D

Yes but you said you can't source the same lights you had in the one you posted in your original pic. I'd like to see what the new batch will look like with the 'new' lights to see if they have the same light distribution.

No worries mate, you have already told me this a few times through your PM's and here :dry:

I was under the impression you were not interested because white is 'illegal'...

• 1 month later...

Ok people, finally I have had the chance to do some more work on these things, after the initial response it seemed that most people were keen on red rather than white lighting in ther boot garnishes.

Attached here is the final result after alot of experimentation with lights and so on. I can guarrantee that the light dispersion/consistancy is flawless as you can see from the 'sky' photo. The letters glow a mean blood red.

I assue you photos do not it justice, I have tried all sorts of camera lighting to get a good photo without making the lights look orange and these are the best results I could get, all I can say (and I may be bias!) that it looks awesome, so much so that I have left this one sitting lit up on my wall unit and I will be changing the one on my car to red rather than white!

Please express your interest in this post by stating the colour of your car and how definate you are on one.

post-30339-1187082588_thumb.jpg

post-30339-1187082693_thumb.jpg

post-30339-1187082752_thumb.jpg

post-30339-1187082796_thumb.jpg

post-30339-1187082839_thumb.jpg

I want one cbf making it myself.

Do u want to do mine now? Cos i want one now.

You coping me Kris? :laughing-smiley-014:

It's cool, i don't mind :)

Nick: They do look awesome, well done mate, you got it down to an art :)

How do they look when turned off (not lit)? Are the letters clear, like mine, or are they still painted, like a SII?

post-1811-1187085163_thumb.jpg post-1811-1187085172_thumb.jpg

You coping me Kris? :laughing-smiley-014:

It's cool, i don't mind :)

Nick: They do look awesome, well done mate, you got it down to an art :(

How do they look when turned off (not lit)? Are the letters clear, like mine, or are they still painted, like a SII?

post-1811-1187085163_thumb.jpg post-1811-1187085172_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate, the one in the photo is still in primer, although on a white or silver car I could make it have silver letters when turned of as my one does in the first post. It gets a bit tricky with other colours

Ah looking very nice! Could you tell me how much it would cost with the Series 1 (guessing thats which 'skyline' rear section you are using) supplied.

I would rather not use a supplied garnish incase something goes wrong, although if I run out of series 1 panels I can work out something to buy it off you then, you can buy it back off me as a light up.

whts the final price mate!

These will be priced at $350 plus postage, as I am doing it a bit differently now to achieve the result you see, you have the option of either red or white lighting at this price, any other colours will be a bit more (I can do the lights pretty much any colour you like!). At this price the garnish comes ready to wire up to any 12V+ power source, which is extremely easy to do. I will provide a DIY on this anyway just in case.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks mate, the one in the photo is still in primer, although on a white or silver car I could make it have silver letters when turned of as my one does in the first post. It gets a bit tricky with other colours

I would rather not use a supplied garnish incase something goes wrong, although if I run out of series 1 panels I can work out something to buy it off you then, you can buy it back off me as a light up.

These will be priced at $350 plus postage, as I am doing it a bit differently now to achieve the result you see, you have the option of either red or white lighting at this price, any other colours will be a bit more (I can do the lights pretty much any colour you like!). At this price the garnish comes ready to wire up to any 12V+ power source, which is extremely easy to do. I will provide a DIY on this anyway just in case.

hows it going?? PM me with your progress I want mine done and if I have to get it painted now is the time as I'm getting a grille painted also

• 3 weeks later...
hows it going?? PM me with your progress I want mine done and if I have to get it painted now is the time as I'm getting a grille painted also

PM sent

Id be in for one.... black (KH3) S1 although my rear garnish is black not clear atm so Im guessing it has the S2 in it???

Oh red lighting btw!

Great. The unit I supply you will replace your S2 unit so you can just use it as a paperwieght haha.

I will PM you shortly

Thanks