SAU Community

Supercar Spotted Thread

Primordial

If i was loaded then yes, but realistically the only exotic i would buy would be a Lambo, as i dont see the F40 ever being in my price range.

Never say never

The fact is, an R34 GTR has beaten a Bugatti Veyron over a mile. Doesnt matter, winning is winning. People laugh when an exotic gets destroyed...simply because exotic drivers have a reputation to live up to...where as Jap imports are the underdogs.

Anyway.....take this for example, a Supra absolutely leaving the lamboghini for dead...and the Supra seems much more driveable than the Lambo. It even gives the lambo a head start...then proceeds to destroy it.

Sorry but the fact is, an Adventor has nothing on a Supra like this....and lets not forget the 2jz is one of the best motors ever made.

I don't get these comparisons, they don't make sense, you are pulling out highly modified cars to race a stock standard supercar (usually driven by complete retards or people who are more interested in how they look in the car than the cars performance). I could build my armchair to be faster than your highly modified GTR and Supra. Doesn't matter what you are comparing ofcorse someone who builds a fast car is going to be faster than someone who buys a stock tuned car from the shelf.

Also where is this Veyron that lost to an R34 on a 1mile run? Closest I found was this video but the Veyron still won...

Yeah a modded ANYTHING can beat a stock Lambo... But what can beat a modded Lambo????

Logic by a couple of people in this thread... "oi did you see the look of that guy in the Lamborghini (with 600hp) when he lost to a 1600hp supra..." WTF did you think was going to happen??? lol

Kugotk - that clip with the lambos are phenominal!

I know sfa about these beasts...are they rwd and if so, how the fark do they get traction with 1500+ HP?

Even if it was awd, surely it would just break out all over the road :)

The fact is, an R34 GTR has beaten a Bugatti Veyron over a mile. Doesnt matter, winning is winning. People laugh when an exotic gets destroyed...simply because exotic drivers have a reputation to live up to...where as Jap imports are the underdogs.

Anyway.....take this for example, a Supra absolutely leaving the lamboghini for dead...and the Supra seems much more driveable than the Lambo. It even gives the lambo a head start...then proceeds to destroy it.

Sorry but the fact is, an Adventor has nothing on a Supra like this....and lets not forget the 2jz is one of the best motors ever made.

Haha, are you 12 years old or something?

Wow, a MODIFIED car beating a stock car.....good on you, well done.

Supercars are supercars. Take a lambo for eg. A lambo has good looks, good performance, good handling...but most importantly, it's a lambo.

You think a lambo driver gives a shit if your clapped out s13 with a t78 beats it....pfftt, end of the day he is driving a lambo and your driving a bucket.

If we all had the money everyone would be buying supercars and probably modifying them. Simple as that.

And while i'm at it, have you even ever driven a ferrari, or lambo, or porsche? Because you question drivabilty, yet compared to a modified supra or gtr, they are about as drivable as you can get.

You cant really drag a veyron anyway. It's build for top speed more than acceleration. (This isn't to say its not impressive off the line)

It's claim was to be the fastest car in the world, not the best dragster in the world.

Kugotk - that clip with the lambos are phenominal!

I know sfa about these beasts...are they rwd and if so, how the fark do they get traction with 1500+ HP?

Even if it was awd, surely it would just break out all over the road :)

There are RWD models but they arn"t very common, most (+90%) are AWD. I don"t know for sure how exactly these ones are rated at 1500hp but either way they are uber fast, fairly easy to mod and they gain power with upgrades like nothing else. SUre an RB26dett and 2JZ's are decent for modding, but when you have a stock engine producing producing around 300hp from factory (with twin turbo), the gains you get out of a stock 5.2 litre high revving V10 (Naturally aspirated) when you start modding (especially with turbos) is absolutely crazy.

Underground racing in the USA has just completed its first twin turbo Aventador, nothing too crazy just a couple of small turbos to start off with and the car has already gone from 0-100 in 2.9 seconds to 2.2seconds.

All I am saying is the potential for moddifying NA supercars is much more than the potential a 6 cylindre gets.

In regards to zour traction concerns... probably due to the fat rubber they use, they come standard with super fat tyres from the factory, put sticky tyres on and getting bogged down in a spin is a thing of the past. I tried to upload a pic of how wide rear tyres are but I have no idea how to upload pics now with this newer forum setup...

Kujotk....no way that Silver Supra was 1250hp....it was 700hp at max and/or a poorly built dyno queen

That Toxic Green Supra is a genuine 1200rwhp properly built "Cannonball" Supra which is why it looks and sounds a lot faster than that Silver one.

What are you talking about? Why do I care? And what does this have to do with modded exotics? The video said the silver supra was 1400hp not 1250, and it may not be 1400hp at the rear wheels, but it isn't that far from it, It beat the bike ffs... Either way the purpose of the video was to show a modded Gallardo smashing a Modded Supra... As I said before, a modded anything will beat a stock anything, but a modded Lamborghini is extremely hard to beat.

I don't care what anyone says and I've been in 8 sec GTR's and a 8 sec 200sx and I would pick a twin turbo Lambo any day of the week...

If I could afford it I would so twin turbo a Lambo...

I don't care what anyone says and I've been in 8 sec GTR's and a 8 sec 200sx and I would pick a twin turbo Lambo any day of the week...

There are a few now getting around in Sydney. One that sticks in my mind is a Red Gallardo that Ramspeed built a couple months ago. Not sure of the power output. I'll see if it's online yet.

Older Gallardo but still with forced induction... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lamborghini/twin-turbo-lamborghini-gallardo-ramspeed-australia-project-12004.0.html

• 2 weeks later...