SAU Community

Supercar Spotted Thread

Primordial

• 1 month later...

Forgot to mention this the other day, and it's far from a Supercar. It was pretty decent for its time when it came out though - I spotted an old Mazda 626 coupe in mint, original spec during the week. It was the factory two-tone silver over blue with a red stripe, had factory alloys, etc. I'll post a link of what model it was when I jump on a PC.

Forgot to mention this the other day, and it's far from a Supercar. It was pretty decent for its time when it came out though - I spotted an old Mazda 626 coupe in mint, original spec during the week. It was the factory two-tone silver over blue with a red stripe, had factory alloys, etc. I'll post a link of what model it was when I jump on a PC.

A mate had one of these back in the day; it was such a nice handling car; really nice to drive.

When I was a 1st year apprentice one of my instructors had one with a 13B in it; now THAT was a nice car.

The driveline it should've had from the factory.

IIRC; the suspension is identical to S2/S3 RX7; but on a slightly longer wheelbase.

You're talking about the old RWD ones, Dale? I knew someone who had built a yellow one of those too, with 13b built by his brother, interior done by another brother (who did my interior retrim in the Stagea), and it was beautiful. Their attention to detail is incredible, they all take pride in their work.

The car I saw the other day was the first of the FWD ones, though.

Like this, with these factory alloys, etc., but no body kit:

626_1.jpg

GC-coupe-bodykit_2.jpg

You're talking about the old RWD ones, Dale? I knew someone who had built a yellow one of those too, with 13b built by his brother, interior done by another brother (who did my interior retrim in the Stagea), and it was beautiful. Their attention to detail is incredible, they all take pride in their work.

The car I saw the other day was the first of the FWD ones, though.

Like this, with these factory alloys, etc., but no body kit:

Yep Nick, the RWD ones. :yes:

I'd forgotten about the FWD one; christ that bodykitted one is ugleh.

Always had nice interiors though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hmmm...

Hadn't met Colin for 40yrs

P1050984_zps7d6fa746.jpg

P1050983_zpsa94a42ba.jpg

P1050982_zpse0de59b6.jpg

P1050981_zpsabe44c78.jpg

P1050985_zps0a4aa83c.jpg

Needless to say, we had some catching up to do at Jesus Racing's "Life In The Fast Lane".

Some people might know his son Adam Leung - Driving Instructor