SAU Community

Supercar Spotted Thread

Primordial

light blue F430 driving around Bathurst today, saw him a few times - including going the opposite direction around mount panorama, where a corolla came close to hitting him head on.

Didn't even know about this thread! Three red Ferraris (360 & 2 F430's) in Audley Nat Park two weekends ago (I was slicing through on my Ninja) & a red Testarossa on Heatecote Rd.

Funny occurrence last night...I saw a massive line up of old school and super cars parked in a line, they were all silver. I was rushing to take a pic for this thread but then I woke up lol. It was a dream!

SAU is haunting my dreams :)

walked literally 2 mins to breakfast this morning in Singapore. In that time-

Grey F430

Red F458

White Murcielago SV

I was talking to a friend of mine who worked in Singapore...what a tax haven lol

- mortgage rate 2.2%

- 12% highest tax bracket

- 20% pay contribution for super and this is used to pay the mortgage + employers contribute another 12% on top

And he explains "this is why SG is covered in supercars"

Imagine retaining 80% of your nett pay :)

Yeah, agree Marko. I saw another Orange Murcielago SV tonight.

Plus there is a New McLaren MP412OMGBBQ parked outside a social club we go past every day. You can pretty much go hotel to hotel and see numerous supercars present! Even the 86 had a place at once recently- not exactly super.... Also in SG I believe businesses can claim cars as an expense to some extent- hence the big money cars.

Sirrocos seem to be pretty popular here, but there is also a small JDM scene, incl hondas, R35 GTRs, Emos, Rexes etc.

Big thing in modding cars seems to be Brakes, which surprised me quite a bit. Example today - a new model honda people mover with Rims as the only other visible mod - sporting big AP Racing brakes and floating discs. Other seemingly docile cars also have legit big brake kits - Endless, spoon, Brembo, AP, etc.

The bad thing bout cars and Singapore is the COE (cert of entitlement) costs about $90,000 for 10 years. This is additional to rego - like a licence to own a car. Think small island, loads of people. they want most people on public trans. So even a cheap car costs over $100k to buy.

Morning SG update :P

New Bentley sedan thing, New Rolls Royce sedan.

Red F458 and F430

2 R35 GTRs. One driving from Bangkok to KL, and I guess on to SG. The other was this hideous thing. Spotted in the same spot as the video.

Spotted lots again today- but a trio of F458s at different stages of the day - Yellow, Red, and Silver.

Plus a Orange Aventador, New McLaren MP whatever, and a MB SLS.

I'd take a heavily worked R34 GT-R or Toyota Supra RZ over an exotic.

Sorry, but the lamboghini adventor is just plain ugly. Looks like some kid has gone and cut some cupboard then stuck it into a car shape.

Anyway, would be the best just destroying exotic ferraris/lambos in a supra or skyline and seeing the looks of embarassment on their face..

LOL have you even driven a highly modded R34??? If so you'd really be struggling to beat an Aventador, 2nd you will get defected in 5 minutes, 3rd reliability and comfort goes out the window, 4th you have spent around about $100k for the car and parts on a car that will be struggling to get you back $40k (yes aventador looses much more than this within 2 years but that is what happens when you buy any new car), 5th modded exotics can get away with just about anything speed and defect related, 6th the insurance premium is actually much higher on a highly modded R34 than on ALL MODERN EXOTICS (with exception to rare cars like Mclaren F1 the Zonda and the koenigsegg) and not to mention most insurance companies don't want to insure you or make you jump a bazillion hoops, 7th the most uncomfortable thing on earth and the most undriveable cars are those that are highly modded, 8th when you pull up to a set of lights and want to drag the aventadore, he will pull away from you while you just stalled your super hektik uranium/platinum/unicorn horn composite cutch and are sitting at the lights.... then the police defect you again....

Why don't you get both so you can support your view from both sides of the fence?

you have obviously never driven a properly modified GTR and have no idea how to launch it. Good suspension will be comfortable and get the power down, but having said that a 500kw Aventador is going to be seriously hard to beat by any 500+kw GTR.

LOL have you even driven a highly modded R34??? If so you'd really be struggling to beat an Aventador, 2nd you will get defected in 5 minutes, 3rd reliability and comfort goes out the window, 4th you have spent around about $100k for the car and parts on a car that will be struggling to get you back $40k (yes aventador looses much more than this within 2 years but that is what happens when you buy any new car), 5th modded exotics can get away with just about anything speed and defect related, 6th the insurance premium is actually much higher on a highly modded R34 than on ALL MODERN EXOTICS (with exception to rare cars like Mclaren F1 the Zonda and the koenigsegg) and not to mention most insurance companies don't want to insure you or make you jump a bazillion hoops, 7th the most uncomfortable thing on earth and the most undriveable cars are those that are highly modded, 8th when you pull up to a set of lights and want to drag the aventadore, he will pull away from you while you just stalled your super hektik uranium/platinum/unicorn horn composite cutch and are sitting at the lights.... then the police defect you again....

Why don't you get both so you can support your view from both sides of the fence?

The fact is, an R34 GTR has beaten a Bugatti Veyron over a mile. Doesnt matter, winning is winning. People laugh when an exotic gets destroyed...simply because exotic drivers have a reputation to live up to...where as Jap imports are the underdogs.

Anyway.....take this for example, a Supra absolutely leaving the lamboghini for dead...and the Supra seems much more driveable than the Lambo. It even gives the lambo a head start...then proceeds to destroy it.

Sorry but the fact is, an Adventor has nothing on a Supra like this....and lets not forget the 2jz is one of the best motors ever made.

Also, heres a GTR destroying an Adventador very easily...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbnTa9H9cio

^ those 2 above clips are absolute gold & the look on that guys face in the lambo was priceless - he couldnt come to terms with that supra.

at the end of the day - you drive what you can afford & if i could afford a european supercar...i would have 1 (but would be parked next to my gtr :))

Do you have an Enzo?, your profile things says you do.

Anyway Lamborghini owns all. The only cars i would take over a heavily moddified GTR would be an F40, Murcielago or Aventador