SAU Community

Supercar Spotted Thread

Primordial

• 1 month later...

Was a great car spotting trip to work today.

First up was a New model (997?) Porsche GT2, driven by a very smart looking Asian gent wearing black driving gloves (I would too, if I had one :P)

Then it got hazy, but a BMW M1 coupe, thats a tough looking little nugget, a Red F430, Black Lambo Gallardo in Chatswood, some form of new model Bentley, R35 GTR "GTRJET", and finally a very clean looking FD3S in that lovely blue colour.

Made the trip to work a bit nicer on a weekend.

Ok here we go

As Terry said, at about 1:00 it's really bizarre as there's this couple standing on the side of the road who have seen the Lambo go past and now the Ferrari, and they're pointing to my 12 year old Bimmer and saying they prefer that! Haha! :P

quoted for coolness.

lol at the drivers revving the shiat out of those things even if they only have about 10 metres before they have to stop again. Sort of an anti-social act but i know i would probably be doing exactly the same thing.

ok not probably..

also haha at decibel levels issue, as if government gives a flying F how loud cars are..its all about cracking down on 'hoon's and getting cheap votes. Rich people in Fezza's dont count!

They play by a different set of rules hey!

At the same time I guess Ferrari drivers don't congregate in carparks and do helis on maccas trays

When the boss's Aston was running I drove it through the city once or twice; just kept it in 1st gear the whole time :)

Saw a brand spankers looking White Lambo Aventador on a flatbed going past the airport today. Hopefully there is someone very happy to take delivery of their new toy tonight.

Probably doing happy laps at brighton le sands by now...

• 4 weeks later...

So Ronry in here....

Saw a McLaren Mp4-12c in white in Rosebery yesterday arvo- going very slow over a massive speed hump. Really didn't think much of it from the front, rear is nicer.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw another matte black Aventador, this time in my gym (camperdown fitness) carpark! Number plate "IIVII". Number plate was orange on black, looked from the rear like it had a contrasting orange chassis brace inside the engine bay too, looking through the rear cooling vent. Apparently he goes to my gym a bit.

Was at a wedding on the weekend and this is only the list of super cars...

2 Ferrari 458 red and white

1 Ferrari California

1 Lamborghini LP560-4 Spyder

2 Porsche Carrera's

1 Maserati

1 Rolls Royce Phantom DEMIR car

And I know they aint super cars but also had

3 Ford GTHO

2 or 3 Chopper Bikes

And a X5 Stretch Limo

And all the cars were owned not hired only one hired was the X5 Limo

I'd take a heavily worked R34 GT-R or Toyota Supra RZ over an exotic.

Sorry, but the lamboghini adventor is just plain ugly. Looks like some kid has gone and cut some cupboard then stuck it into a car shape.

Anyway, would be the best just destroying exotic ferraris/lambos in a supra or skyline and seeing the looks of embarassment on their face..

Sorry, but the lamboghini adventor is just plain ugly. Looks like some kid has gone and cut some cupboard then stuck it into a car shape.

Anyway, would be the best just destroying exotic ferraris/lambos in a supra or skyline and seeing the looks of embarassment on their face..

I wouldn't... And the Aventador does 0-100 in 2.9s and 1/4 Mile in 10.6s and this is from a factory standard car... So I don't think that too many skylines or supra's out there run 10.6 that are street driven and not it race trim that would beat it.

I get what u are saying and reminds me of when I used to annihilate exotic euro cars (and gtr's off their guts :)) with my bikes, r1/zx10r/gsxr1000. One of my most memorable was on my rgv250 which is 2 stroke and blows smoke like a hooker, against a Porsche 911 Turbo from standstill up to 250kmh on Oxford st behind bomdi junction...was close but I beat her...yes it was a female and she was hot but soon after realised she had a child in the back seat which did not impress me so I let her know.

My point is that the satisfaction of beating a super expensive vehicle is fantastic :) but there is no denying the aventador

Sorry, but the lamboghini adventor is just plain ugly. Looks like some kid has gone and cut some cupboard then stuck it into a car shape

Once you get a few more years under your belt you'll think differently. I was the same when i was 18.