SAU Community

2008 F1 Season

wolverine

You seem to forget that it was a FERRARI employee who handed over the data so it could be argued that the two teams were in cahoots.

So the receiptee of the data was the only one to blame?

Why wasnt Ferrari punished for having handed over the data?

What of the employee of the other team who delivered the information?

No ties, no relation?

Thats bullshit and its always taken two to tango.

And what of Renault being found guilty of the same offense and let off the hook with a slap on the wrist?

Hypocrisy, double standards and impartialism at its finest.

C'mon now !

whose wife took it to a high st copy shop to have the paperwork digitised ??????

Glad the pronto print kid was Tifosi !!

that is how it came to light.

Industrial espionage defeated by a spotty kid who new ferrari were not made in zee secret big factory in woking !

Mclaren suck ! all the worst traits of the english !

The return of the Cad, before it had anything to do with computers ! :D :D

cheers cokey

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a night race in melbourne will not happen because of the local residents, the fact that the track curves its way 3 or 4 different suburbs means the people wo live there and dont like the F1 (all of them) will cause a storm.

ungrateful pricks, if it wasnt for the track construction, albert park would still be the swamp shithole it was 15 years ago

Massa threw it away in Monza? He drove bloody well and fought hard in the mid part of the race pulling a few positions. What made that result so damn impressive is just hwo woeful the Ferrari is in the wet....thinks back to Silverstone where both drivers were throwing the car off the track every few laps.

Melbourne was a poor result...lack of traction control? I think his only bad races were really Malaysia and Aus...the other races the car has a tendency to be easily as bad as other weekends where it is amazing.

Anyway...Lewis fans should just go back to thinking the world is flat and that Lewis knew nothing of the data and Ferrari information from last year. I mean, the test driver knew all about it. The testing team/engineers, the other driver. Team Management knew about it...yet Lewis knew nothing of the teams activities, data and testing? Talk about McLaren trying to protect their golden boy.

There is no way in this world that Lewis as a race driver for the team knew nothing of test data and information floating around the team. If there was testing info etc floating around that was in the hands of only Alonso and "his tet guys" (no way such a situation would exist) then Lewis would have been screaming preferential treatment to Alonso. The testing team/engineers work for the team and its drivers...not just Alonso.

FARK McLaren playing the victim all the time and painting others as the bad guys. They get just as dirty as the other teams then take the moral high ground and assume that motorsport fans are just retarded enough to believe them :D I am not fussed about what happened last year. I am sure worse things have happened over the years...hell how do you quantify what Brawn, Todt, Schuey etc took to Ferrari with them from old Tom/Flavio?

But it grinds when they play the victim and innocent party when they play the angles..."Nobody in the team knows of this Ferrari info"....."But Ron, we know you have it, here is our proof" .... "oh that Ferrari data, yeh but we didnt look at it, thats what i mean about not having it. I mean, we had it, we read and abosrobed it to the point where we know the data isnt applicable to our cars....we know because we tried....oops did i just say that? " :D

Can we not re hash 2007? It was a blight on everyone concerned, Ferrari, Renault, McLaren, but mostly the FIA.

Anyway the global warming GP in Singapore was, despite the trepidations, a good race. Williams had a great result but were hard done by because of the bullshit pit lane rules. Why do you get penalised more for refilling the car than for tearing the fuel rig to bits, injuring your pit crew, spilling fuel everywhere & then pulling out infront of someone? Gees haven't seen Ferrari implode like that since, well since about 1982.

Was Kimi too tired from spending time with the lady boys? He just stuffed it into the wall for no apparent reason.

Good work by Renault. Good team tactics to use NPKJR to bring out the pace car to help Alonso. I somehow think he needs to have a strong finish to the year to keep his spot. Alonso on the other hand looked spent - atleast compared to the other two on the podium.

Oh and what has happened to BMW?

just off the top of your head, what do you reckon it cost the singapore government to set up the lighting system used last weekend, note there was a light every 4 meters. i reckon tickets would double in price in melbourne to accomidate a night race, dont get me wrong, id still pay it, but its not a cheap exercise. that would be $600 i wouldnt have to spend at bar20.

Where from?

I want a full in car lap in high quality mpeg etc :P

Melb gov is too lame to have a night race, it was offered.. The politicians making the decisions here are all just too old and probably know nothing about F1.

They are too stubborn to realise it would most likely compeltely sell out and finally make them some money!

Singpore sold out over 100,000 tickets at approx 1k each. Thats

$100 Million from ticket sales alone, for 1 race!. F1 is the most lucrative sporting enterprise on the planet, only the world cup soccer makes more.. But its every 4 years. So effectively f1 makes 3 times more :down:

Suzuka night race next year if it happens will be great :miner:

You seem to forget that it was a FERRARI employee who handed over the data so it could be argued that the two teams were in cahoots.

:P

up there with the dumbest things you've ever posted in here...and there has been a lot...

The reason why a night race works at Singapore, and would not work in Melbourne is there locations. In Singapore, there is already a street lighting infrastructure in place, so any of the street leading to and from the track are well lit, without having to add any extra's other than for the track itself, where as Albert park has no real lighting infrastructure in place, and would need to have the whole of the park zone (including the whole of the lake) and the roads leading to the park lit to allow for an adequate amount of safety for the public how are attending the event.

Also, the Melbourne GP has never made a loss, it's just the funny accounting process that the state Government uses, whereby the Government gets the revenues directly from the event, and then pays the AGPC out of general revenue to run the event. The revenues raised from ticket sales, and other indirect revenue more than covers the cost of the event each year.

So the receiptee of the data was the only one to blame?

Why wasnt Ferrari punished for having handed over the data?

What of the employee of the other team who delivered the information?

No ties, no relation?

Thats bullshit and its always taken two to tango.

And what of Renault being found guilty of the same offense and let off the hook with a slap on the wrist?

Hypocrisy, double standards and impartialism at its finest.

lol. I literally did lol. receiptee. I have a new word of the day!! :laughing-smiley-014:

Personally for all the hype I don't reckon the night aspect added anything to the race. So you could see a few more sparks from the undertrays & the weather wasn't quite so hot, but really apart from CO2 what did it add? Fkn thing was still televised at stupid oclock in the morning - thanks Win tellie. :)

I agree with Djr81 on that one...once the race was underway I couldn't give less of a f**k that it was at night, it looked like day time for the majority of the footage where the sky/crowd etc wasn't shown anyway...which shows that the lighting did its job properly.

in comparison to what some countries tickets prices are, Australians get theirs extremely cheaply

Agreed. But i think price is a direct relation to the level of sophistication and exclusivity.. Hence Melb is quite cheap.

Ofcourse im going to be biased about this, but why cant they make a Brisbane/Gold coast street race similar to the Gold Coast Indy?

I know indy roads are probably not upto f1 standard, but im sure they could find a good series of roads to make one somewhere.

I like melb, but i think even a Sydney street night race would be amazing.. And would definately sell out. They could have that round-about near the opera house as a hairpin lol

Look how well valencia and singapore did, its a given that it will do well aslong as the track design is good and its in a populated city with lots of money.

Plus melb is a little far for most syd/bris people. Having it in syd would center the location and put the race right in the middle of a massively populated city :D

But owell, guess its melb for awhile now

Yeah ive been watching F1 religiously since the start of 2005, havent missed a qualy or race.. And lewis mania has even captured the commentators.

It can get really annoying and sometimes i wonder if they realise they are spending 70% of the time talking about lewis and how he could do this and if he did this etc etc

I know they are english commentators, but come on, unbiased reporting please.

I remember how much complaining there was about the coverage percentage that shumi got, well i can tell you this is even worse!

There is 19 other drivers out there. And two of them are World Champions. And i hate to say it guys, but this new influx of f1 fans because of hamilton isnt a good thing. Its a bunch of people who only know lewis-era f1 and give no credit to anyone who came before that.

Infact, almost everyone ive had in-person discussions with who likes lewis only started watching f1 this year or last.

The same type of know-it-all fans were around when Schumi was doing his thing. Happens whenever someone is doing well. Next it will be Vettel or Kubica fans. An F1 fan has to start somewhere and the rise of Lewis', and that of Kubica, Vettel and Massa, has been fantastic in bringing new people to the sport.

As for ITV's coverage, they are catering to the BRITISH audience, not the worldwide audience. They've always given more time to Jenson Button in the past (even though he is probably the most useless driver out there), DC and so on. In Australia, Webber gets coverage on every news report on F1 and whenever channel 10 allow Greg Rust and Cam McConville a hand on the mic, even though his results aren't much to write home about.

I'm a Lewis fan and I've probably been watching F1 for 15+ years. If it weren't for Lewis, I probably would have given up on F1 as it was becoming predictable and boring since Hakkinen left. Bring back the Hakk!

Edited by Mika

For anyone who is whinging about James Allen & Lewis Hamilton - you should have heard Murray Walker bang on about Migel Mansell. Phark even when he was at Lotus it was bad enough & he won nothing for them.

BBC/ITV broadcasts to a mostly pommie ordience so ofcourse the commentry will be biased to whichever Brit is having half a go. Now it is Hamilton, before him Button, before him Coulthard, before him Hill, before him Mansell and so on.

You want biased commentry you should have heard James Hunt rip into Ricardo Patrese.

Another fine example of Lewis making himself so easy to hate...

f1live.com

In 2007, the British driver slid into the pitlane gravel in Shanghai, before further mistakes in Brazil cost him the title.

"We wanted to win and pushed too hard when we didn't need to," Whitmarsh said, recalling the last races a year ago.

"Championships aren't won like that," he added.

Hamilton, meanwhile, is this week the subject of criticism in the German press, with the broadcaster RTL pronouncing him a "megalomaniac" for comparing himself with the legendary late triple world champion Ayrton Senna.

"I know that I am as good as Ayrton Senna was," the 23-year-old is quoted as saying.

D1ckhead...

If there is a God, he will not win this year's championship.. If he does win it, I'll seriously consider renouncing my religion....

Edited by Marco-R34GTT