SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

oh don't get me wrong, confirmation bias and placebo effect are quite powerful things - the Mrs got talked into buying $200 worth of Yor Health BS supergreens, multivitamins and fibre supps by her PT for example.

Apparently a lot of people don't even respond to creatine. Most of the others are pure marketing garbage; if you were that serious about some of these "supplements" you'd just spend the same money on a cycle of gear and PCT.

I didn't know where to post this but as I haven't been able to squat or deadlift heavy this is my only joy at the moment lol

overhead strict press 80kg x 3... getting close to a bodyweight single

oh and mine are actually strict presses... not the ones you see dudes posting where they're clearly locking and unlocking their knees to drive the bar up... or leaning back so far it's a standing chest press lol

I didn't know where to post this but as I haven't been able to squat or deadlift heavy this is my only joy at the moment lol

overhead strict press 80kg x 3... getting close to a bodyweight single

oh and mine are actually strict presses... not the ones you see dudes posting where they're clearly locking and unlocking their knees to drive the bar up... or leaning back so far it's a standing chest press lol

Bench going up as a result?

yeah I think so... will find out in a few weeks at a bench comp coming up... I got 4 x 125kg paused the other day... was meant to be 3 x 3 @125 but I got an extra rep on the last set... hoping for 145kg

I think there's a good carryover from overhead > incline > bench press... strong shoulders are a must for raw benching

lol

yep seated dumbbell overhead, flat bench dumbbell, incline barbell, overhead barbell, close grip barbell bench press, lateral raises and I use the Nautilus seated shoulder press/lateral combo thingy

Mitch: My best comp bench is 140kg but I only got 135 at the last comp which is why I totally revised my technique

got 132.5 x 2 paused today, fairly easy, looking good for 140+