SAU Community

Help Me Defend The Skyline Pride

R33_Rob

heres what you do...Set your skyline up for circuit work..coil overs,sway bars and better brake fluid-pads etc.And also a mild boost up and exhaust etc.While you may not match him in straightline speed...Handling and braking I would tip the Skyline to have the advantage..get down to a circuit like wakefield where horsepower isnt as critical as handling and braking...Spend some time learning how to drive fast on a circuit...As you progress...one day just pop the question to him ( No not that question )...Tell him that you wanna race him...Not on the street as its dangerous and illegal..Howabout we both have a try at your track of choice...Now to him you would seem as inexperienced as he is....Get on the track and layeth the smacketh down...!!!

Edited by GTR-32U

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stock for stock the supra will still outhandle a gtst, mod for mod it will still outhandle a gtst.

Yes I realise that...however the dummy he is gonna race doesnt have to know about the coil overs and sway bars...or even the change in brake fluid and pads...As for modified...Hard to call as I have never seen a street supra cut fast laps around a tight circuit like wakefield..However I have seen some GTST's Which really did impress me

Haven't you guys every seen Fast and Furious. The supra in that movie out gunned a Ferrari <-------- I know it was Black so it's not as fast a red one.

Come to think of it they did put koni's in for better traction to get the hole shot thats probally the reason it was so fast. :D

But seriously I like that idea about the circuit thing. Make sure you tell him how good his car is first and that you just want to see how your lowly Line stacks up against it.

'Just remember revenge is a dish best served cold' :laugh:

Haven't you guys every seen Fast and Furious. The supra in that movie out gunned a Ferrari <-------- I know it was Black so it's not as fast a red one.

Come to think of it they did put koni's in for better traction to get the hole shot thats probally the reason it was so fast. :D

But seriously I like that idea about the circuit thing. Make sure you tell him how good his car is first and that you just want to see how your lowly Line stacks up against it.

'Just remember revenge is a dish best served cold' :laugh:

Didnt they put the Konis in " will save us 2 pounds "??...F$ck thats a Bullsh&t movie....its got a 30 hp shot of NOS...A NOS Fogger system...?

Got to love 'google'

{57534}{57577}Tell me what you think about this.|Koni adjustables.

{57597}{57650}Gonna save us about 2 pounds.

{57655}{57735}And they're gonna give us|better traction for the hole shot.

Yup so bullshit.

Hey did you know that the spiral up the ramp in 350 in tokyo drift is real. Rhys Millen did it for a $100 bucks a few times in a row. That blew me out. When I saw that bit of the movie I was like as if, but it's real. :D

Neway back topic own his ass. :laugh:

Stock for stock the supra will still outhandle a gtst, mod for mod it will still outhandle a gtst.

Just curious as to why you think that?? Im talking mod for mod.

Edited by nizmo_freek

mate I dunno where you got that 400kw from, but from what I know most stock TT supra would be lucky to make 250kw

yeah Supras are good cars to ride but an eyesore to look at

I'm talking about how much power the engine/gearbox can handle, ya nuff nuff. :D Of course they are not going to pull 400 stock!

lol my first car was a supra and everything fkd up then cooked the head, 7mgte

that sounds like the previous model Supra the JZA70....His Boofhead friend will be getting the later model...

While I will never dispute the fact that the Supra is a far superior car than a GTST..My debate now centres on the whole handling and braking comparison..I have been to Wakefield several times and witnessed R33'/R34's GTST / GTT cutting some pretty quick lap times..In fact after speaking with these guys some of them seem to believe the GTST handles better than the GTR on the tight circuits ( I am not convinced however ) due to the fact the front/rear weight balance is superior due to the 4wd not being their.Adding to the fact the car is somewhat lighter also. However I am very sceptical of this claim...I still have yet to see the Supra that can cut fast lap times around Wakefield...Does anybody know of any ? As most of them seem to be Dyno queens not track attack cars....Well can anybody more experienced in the circuit racing thing quote me any fast supras...Lap times etc ?

that sounds like the previous model Supra the JZA70....His Boofhead friend will be getting the later model...

MA70, always had massive head problems. its the same style your thinking about, but:

JZA70 came with JZ series motor (1jz)

MA70 had M series motor (7m)

GA70 had G series motor (1g)

all in the same shell, although there was a GA70H which was widebody, i dunno if that came with any other motor

MA70, always had massive head problems. its the same style your thinking about, but:

JZA70 came with JZ series motor (1jz)

MA70 had M series motor (7m)

GA70 had G series motor (1g)

all in the same shell, although there was a GA70H which was widebody, i dunno if that came with any other motor

ahhh thank you for correcting me on that one...7M motors are the common model here..But yes I do recall seeing the same model with the 1JZ motor as standard...Very few of them here surprisingly..Dont know why...great cars

While I will never dispute the fact that the Supra is a far superior car than a GTST..My debate now centres on the whole handling and braking comparison..I have been to Wakefield several times and witnessed R33'/R34's GTST / GTT cutting some pretty quick lap times..In fact after speaking with these guys some of them seem to believe the GTST handles better than the GTR on the tight circuits ( I am not convinced however ) due to the fact the front/rear weight balance is superior due to the 4wd not being their.Adding to the fact the car is somewhat lighter also. However I am very sceptical of this claim...I still have yet to see the Supra that can cut fast lap times around Wakefield...Does anybody know of any ? As most of them seem to be Dyno queens not track attack cars....Well can anybody more experienced in the circuit racing thing quote me any fast supras...Lap times etc ?

I have owned all in question including gtst, supra, gtr, gtt etc and all had similar handling mods performed. I cant speak from a track perspective but anyone that knows a certain few roads in Adelaide hills knows what i am speaking of(most of which are in the classic adelaide rally). My Gtr's were the best handling followed by the supra. Both drove very differently. My supra had the later 4 pot front 2 pot rear combo and was great and felt as good as the brembos on my Gtr's including repeated heavy braking. Both of the above handled much better than my gtst and my gtst brakes were no where near the Brembos or the supra 4 pots for repeated heavy braking.

WOW what an elite VS thread!

Why not take this conversation to my very own thread in the Skylines and other vehicles section.

Even though its about GTR's I will assure you of plenty bananna!

Edited by rev210

WOW what an elite VS thread!

Why not take this conversation to my very own thread in the Skylines and other vehicles section.

Even though its about GTR's I will assure you of plenty bananna!

Lol. You dont give up do you :)

factory bilsteins...

Really? Shit i never knew that.

Yeah i love supras, when modified nicely they look absolutely amazing (no massive bodkits, wings, neons and crap). And you cant go past the strength of a 2J and the Getrag box :)