SAU Community

Help Me Defend The Skyline Pride

R33_Rob

most of them seem to be Dyno queens not track attack cars

I agree. The 2JZ is awesome at making huge HP, more than the RB. But any automaker can produce an engine spec'd to be a dyno killer.

With the Skyline Nissan have focused on an awesome powerplant that puts AS MUCH of its power to the road as possible. It's got chassis balance the Supra can't compete with.

What makes MINES famous, for example, is the handling precision and balance of their tuning. This is much harder to do, because so many factors influence handling, rather than make a 3L motor with superstrong pistons, con rods and crank.

High racing potential makes the Skyline awesome. It's the perfect all-rounder.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you have to defend your own car then you're just as bad as he is...both a good cars and it boils down to preference and purpose...i love both...

This might shock alot of people and probably won't help your cause but its worth checking out...not such a boat after all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKvF08Gt8N4

I agree. The 2JZ is awesome at making huge HP, more than the RB. But any automaker can produce an engine spec'd to be a dyno killer.

With the Skyline Nissan have focused on an awesome powerplant that puts AS MUCH of its power to the road as possible. It's got chassis balance the Supra can't compete with.

What makes MINES famous, for example, is the handling precision and balance of their tuning. This is much harder to do, because so many factors influence handling, rather than make a 3L motor with superstrong pistons, con rods and crank.

High racing potential makes the Skyline awesome. It's the perfect all-rounder.

How many of you actually know the the supra due to its better weight distribution actually holds more cornering Gs on a skid pan to a R33gtr? not to say the supra is a better car...but it ain't bad for what it is...the narrowmindedness here is shocking sometimes...feels like i'm on NS.com...

You're obviously only reading half the posts... Most of us said the supra is a great car...

wow,you must hang with lots of tools then! what a f**ken stupid comment...

You're now in the tool category :)

And yes, I really really do hang with lots of tools... Seriously, if you met them, you would say the same thing... Except for MAYBE Steve-O... the rest are tools...

i think my opinon of supra's would be vastly different if veilside kits never existed

:)

If you have to defend your own car then you're just as bad as he is...both a good cars and it boils down to preference and purpose...i love both...

This might shock alot of people and probably won't help your cause but its worth checking out...not such a boat after all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKvF08Gt8N4

Good vid!

i think my opinon of supra's would be vastly different if veilside kits never existed

So true.

A mix of a TRD and bomex kit looks great on them. Love the TRD vented bonnets on them sooooo much.

Cant.. Hold.. back.. anymore...

So what if you have 11ty billion RWKW and you can lap XX racetrack in 60 seconds. I drive my Skyline every day and its fairly stock. I have had it for years and I gotta tell you a few things - There is more to owning a car than how much power it can make for 5 minutes before you blow it up and run to mummy and daddy to buy you a new engine. Like how you can fit people in it. How comfortable it is cruising on the highway. How you wave at every Line that drives past you and they wave back. Most mechanics in Aus basically know the RB series of engine back to front. Parts are cheap. Oh and I get 500km+ per tank of fuel driving enthusiastically and 0 is the number of times I have blown up my engine.

If you want to be bloody Paul Walker then go buy a WRX/CIVIC/Commodore/Silvia/Hero Car and get the hell off here.

My 5c worth after 6 months of silence on SAU :banana:

lol ok ok ladies.

y doesnt someone just sum up the bullet points of both sides of the argument. and if you guys are still stuck into your position because of pride, ego or shortsightedness (i just made up a word :ninja:), deal with it.

this is starting to become a bit bitchy

:cheers:

Well I think this issue has become side tracked just a bit( Lot ! )But the only thing I recommend to the dude who originally started this post is what I said earlier.Get down to a track day and learn how to get quicker.Then flog his ass at the track.So what if his car is faster- doesnt mean he will lap faster than you.All the more glory for you when you spank him on the track

Well, don't get me wrong, i like skylines, and mabye one day when the price of 34GTR's come down in price i may consider one, but currently i drive a 1JZ powered soarer. and unlike most of them, mine is a manual, and goes bloody fast. infact, the only thing i have done to my car is an exhaust and i am 4hp at the wheels less than my friend with a 33 GT-T, of whom has spent countless hours and alot of dosh, to get his car the way it is, and i don't even have a FMIC installed yet. How many skylines have made the glorous 1000hp at the wheels benchmark? i don't know, but i haven't heard about them. Yet, there was at least 1 supra, that was for sale a little while ago, that won king of autosalon in brissie. Really an engine with a head designed by motorcycle manufacturer, can't be too bad, and must have some positives. bang for buck, the JZ powered toyota's are awesome. I hate to say it but a skyline with a 1J or 2J. Yep, that's what i would have to go. Sorry guys, but i know what side of the fence i am on

Edited by SoarerGT-T Cruiser

I dont really think this is a toyota vs Nissan thing...The guy seems to have a boofhead mate whos out to make a bigshot of himself by trying to humble his skyline.I just think its a matter of letting him get his Supra and then flog his ass on a racetrack.Nobody ever doubted the power potential of the Toyotas. Just because a car is faster doesnt mean it will lap quicker..I have a mate who is big into the Hondas..And have attended many a track day with him down at Wakefield with the Honda club..Many Type R's and Civics and also One guy showed up with an NSX..Now I was expecting the NSX to own all these cars....Nope he was by far the slowest guy on the track.Those Type R's cut some seriously fast times around Wakefield.( Quickest ran in the 1:10's !! )..Its all about driver knowledge of track and limits of the car itself....So to the dude who started this topic..You know what needs to be done and do it well

How many skylines have made the glorous 1000hp at the wheels benchmark? i don't know, but i haven't heard about them. Yet, there was at least 1 supra, that was for sale a little while ago, that won king of autosalon in brissie.

a couple of skylines have, but theres also like 6 supras that have, GAS2JZ, CDUKTV, DRAGER, i think UWU55 might have aswell, and theres a couple more i think but cant remember, thats only is aus though, theres a shitload in the US

Around the mountains my mates R33 GTS-T is pretty much on par with my car. He has a power fc, high flowed turbo, boost controller, front mount, full exhaust, 700cc injectors & 044 pump etc. Think it dynoed around 280rwhp but its only had a quick tune.

I have a $30 turbotech boost controller and a cat-back exhaust :(

Will be interesting once his car is fully tuned though.

Damn I love turbo imports haha. Honestly though for the price you pay for a GTS-T I can't really think of much to match it. Best value import IMO.

Edited by eddieneedsboost