SAU Community

Help Me Defend The Skyline Pride

R33_Rob

I didnt say the brakes were an upgrade, the dickhead supra driver who begged me to part with them did.

As for the rb oil issue "ON THE TRACK" Yup! thats where you'll find the rb. Wheres the supra? At the metrosexual hairdressers gettin its arse shaved no doubt.

And if you think an elephant with its arse chopped off looks good I can see why you like supras. :P

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow! noel love the comments, however i still think the supra is a nice car however, i think i will and always be a skyline lover, my 33 is not the best car on the street, far from it actually but to me its the best car for me!

unique.jpg

Supras with a decent set of rims look great, such as that example.

Out of all the nice supras in the world, you chose that?! It looks like crap! Aeromax wing FOR THE LOSE my friend :teehee: pretty much any other wing looks better!

Not to mention it looks all around boring... stock kit sucks (like on most cars)...

1616415on1.jpg

You are all wrong as i would rather one of these

Insert RX7 S6-8 picture here

Quick enough, handle well enough, 1,001 Tools dont drive them liek is the case with Skylines and Supras and The Toyotas and Skylines can only dream of looking as good as one of these.

Has nothing to do with this thread, then again neither do half the posts in this thread. :teehee: Ok well maybe if i say the Supra is worse then the Skyline....but i happen to love the black Espirit Supra with HKS 3240 and other goodies...quick on the real tracks like Fugi, Suzuka etc. Not that goat track that is Tsukuba

You need to experience the number of rotary engine failures we have to understand why I could never own an RX7. DD tunes Bob Pearson's Prod Sports RX7 (500 or so rwhp) and it has a new 13B every other week. Compared to the RB26 it's about 6 to 1 engines in a season.

Cheers

Gary

And as for Sydney Kid saying the clutch and brake fluids boil in the supra, hahahaha!

After 5 laps at Amaroo Park it had no brakes, every race meeting, that's the facts. Don't believe me, trot on down to Wakefield and I will get one of our race team drivers to boil them for you, might take 6 laps there.

Lets not quickly forget about the RB26 oil starvation issues on the track shall we?

What makes you think the Supra was somehow immune from oil surge problems?

Cheers

Gary

Out of all the nice supras in the world, you chose that?! It looks like crap! Aeromax wing FOR THE LOSE my friend :teehee: pretty much any other wing looks better!

Not to mention it looks all around boring... stock kit sucks (like on most cars)...

Agreed - Not a fan of the black Supra either. But each to their own.. I like the look of mine, just wish my rims had some dish!!!!!!! Meh this Supra will be for sale in the next couple of weeks anyway - And my R32 GTS-t. Time to pump some cash into the 34 GTR :D:)

post-42468-1203057026_thumb.jpg

Agreed - Not a fan of the black Supra either. But each to their own.. I like the look of mine, just wish my rims had some dish!!!!!!! Meh this Supra will be for sale in the next couple of weeks anyway - And my R32 GTS-t. Time to pump some cash into the 34 GTR :D:)

:teehee:

Seriously, it sounds like you're just hating on Supra's.

Considerinmg the grief the damn thing gave us over 3 seasons of racing I think I am being very fair

The brembos used in a GTR and the Supra 4 pot brakes are hardly leagues apart given proper pads/rotors in your setup.

One lap, maybe, after 5 laps forget it.

Cooling, again depends how well you develop this, there are aluminium replacement SMIC's for the supra that will provide much better cooling than any FMIC arrangement, again comparing apples to apples there should not be any difference in cooling a charge through either car, as the running lengths of the pipes are not severly different.

Here's the problem, in Production Car Racing we have to run the STANDARD intercooler. Surely you don't think the standard Supra intercooler is anywhere near as efficient as the GTR's. There is simply no comparison. The GTR is homologated with an engine oil cooler and a transmission cooler, the Supra isn't. The radiators are much of a muchness.

Hydraulics I can't speak about, but from my own annecdotal experience I have never had any hydraulic fluids fail in any supra's I've raced or had friends race in.

Then you aren't driving it hard enough and/or long enough. One lap no problems, cruise for a few laps, no problems. Get stuck into it at race pace for a handfull of laps and their gone.

Do some research and you'll find that Skylines are JUST as prevalent on US racing circuits as supra's are despite their exclusivity in that market. There are plenty of them kicking around, but due to their much larger population are dispersed quite thinly along the continent.

Research, I have been to 8 drag meetings in the US in the last 2 years and I haven't seen one GTR racing, not one. At just one of those drag meetings there were 28 Supras. They were sold there brand new, they make good 2wd drag cars, there layout suites LH drive, there are cheap to buy, there are more parts available than you would believe at rediculously low prices. They dominate Sports Compact Drag Racing by shear weight of numbers, that's what my face to face research tells me.

Again, I really don't know what you're on about, the only issue myself, or any competent supra driver will experience in the wet is aquaplaning from the large tyres you can fit under stock guards, it might not be 4wd traction, but I can boost just fine in heavy rain and have the wheels hook up with no wheel spin, that is, unless you're a fan of clutch dumps from a dig.

And keep up with a GTR? I don't think so, in fact you would be doing well to keep up with an auto Stagea in the wet.

Again, look at the USA, 1000hp at the rears has been done to death on a stock block in a supra, it may not last forever but it's been done enough to know it's a ticking bomb, albeit a much safer one than your 1100bhp gtr on standard block.

Once again you missed the point, it's about metallurgy and there is no difference in the material used, it's hardness or brittleness. The GTR block has to be strong as it carries the front diff, the GTR block has to be strong as it was designed to run in 24 Hour races, the GTR block has to be strong as it was designed to ensure that the R32GTR dominated Group A racing and during its life Nissan improved that strength. That's what racing does, it forces you to examine the weaknesses and fix them. Not racing means you miss out on the benefits of that constant development.

Don't get me wrong, if I was going 2wd Import (Sports Compact) Drag Racing a Supra would be top of my list. But that's not what interests me, in the areas that I want a superior car the GTR wins every time. All I am doing in this thread is supporting my preferences, what I personally want/expect in a car.

Cheers

Gary

Considerinmg the grief the damn thing gave us over 3 seasons of racing I think I am being very fair

One lap, maybe, after 5 laps forget it.

Here's the problem, in Production Car Racing we have to run the STANDARD intercooler. Surely you don't think the standard Supra intercooler is anywhere near as efficient as the GTR's. There is simply no comparison. The GTR is homologated with an engine oil cooler and a transmission cooler, the Supra isn't. The radiators are much of a muchness.

Then you aren't driving it hard enough and/or long enough. One lap no problems, cruise for a few laps, no problems. Get stuck into it at race pace for a handfull of laps and their gone.

Research, I have been to 8 drag meetings in the US in the last 2 years and I haven't seen one GTR racing, not one. At just one of those drag meetings there were 28 Supras. They were sold there brand new, they make good 2wd drag cars, there layout suites LH drive, there are cheap to buy, there are more parts available than you would believe at rediculously low prices. They dominate Sports Compact Drag Racing by shear weight of numbers, that's what my face to face research tells me.

And keep up with a GTR? I don't think so, in fact you would be doing well to keep up with an auto Stagea in the wet.

Once again you missed the point, it's about metallurgy and there is no difference in the material used, it's hardness or brittleness. The GTR block has to be strong as it carries the front diff, the GTR block has to be strong as it was designed to run in 24 Hour races, the GTR block has to be strong as it was designed to ensure that the R32GTR dominated Group A racing and during its life Nissan improved that strength. That's what racing does, it forces you to examine the weaknesses and fix them. Not racing means you miss out on the benefits of that constant development.

Don't get me wrong, if I was going 2wd Import (Sports Compact) Drag Racing a Supra would be top of my list. But that's not what interests me, in the areas that I want a superior car the GTR wins every time. All I am doing in this thread is supporting my preferences, what I personally want/expect in a car.

Cheers

Gary

All good points Gary but, where are they over here. There is no shortage of them on the street but when the green flag drops at either drag or circuit they are conspicuous by their abscence.

When one does show its face it draws plenty of looks not because its a supra but merely because its there. I would have thought that if these cars had so much unleashed potential then more people would be trying to exploit it.

As far as engine toughness goes a built engine is a built engine. No shortage of rb's making big numbers and as for the oiling mod, Its so darn easy to do it isnt even worth mentioning.

To those that like the supra I say good for you. Brand rivalry has been around forever and is as much a part of the scene as pod filters. Done in the right spirit it can also be a tunnafun. :teehee:

What happens with the Supra if you start playing for air flow? The map sensor is only capable of sensing load, not flow, so increasing this will cause issues with mixtures will it not?

Re-tune every time she starts to move a bit more air?

Im with Gary. i said it b4 and ill say it again..

GTR= Race car with plates

Supra = fast street car.

U cant compare them to each other. there is no comparison.. ppl say its always been gtr vs supra.. no it hasnt. its always been GTR vs Porsche.. supra owners just say that its gtr vs supra to make themselves feel better.. but really.. the supras real contenders are the Rx7 and NSX.... id love to add the gtst but truth of the matter is.. supra is better than a gtst in almost everyway it needs to be.

Leave the GTR outta it or u might as well add the porsche or ferrari or even lambo.. thats the league the gtr was in back then and is again today.

You need to experience the number of rotary engine failures we have to understand why I could never own an RX7. DD tunes Bob Pearson's Prod Sports RX7 (500 or so rwhp) and it has a new 13B every other week. Compared to the RB26 it's about 6 to 1 engines in a season.

Cheers

Gary

They are very easy to rebuild at least. :ninja:

Rotor's can be made into very reliable race motors.

they obviously have no idea how to build a rotary... I got selectmaz to build mine and i had no problems with it.. and they have theyre own race car that lasts the entire racing season + more...

Ontop of that a rotary engine is more reliable than a piston motor on the track anyway!

especially when it comes to drag racing.. every time a funny car heads out to the strip it needs a rebuild.. the rotor can go on for about 2-3 seasons of drag racing b4 it needs a "freshen up"

But we're talkin street cars and while u can build a very reliable rotary, it'll end up costin more in the long run anyway

ahaha yeah coz an RB25 will hold up alot longer than a 2jz..... :ninja:
wow! noel love the comments, however i still think the supra is a nice car however, i think i will and always be a skyline lover, my 33 is not the best car on the street, far from it actually but to me its the best car for me!

This argument started about what car is best on the street not the racetrack. On the street GTST wins hands down. It is much cheaper to run than the Supra and even GTR in terms of parts and fuel. It isnt about outright power anywhere but the dragstrip which is one place that I could not give a crap about. On the street, its about reliability and ease of use. Homologated race car (GTR and little brother GTST) are far superior to the Supra as they have racing development in their DNA. From the outset the Supra was designed to be an equal to the Chevrolet Corvette and in that is does a fantastic job, It has a great engine but that is about it. Stock for stock, for street use, I'd take an R33 GTST any day. Im sure the supra is a good car and goddamn they are fast and apparently reliable, but I have friends and I am able to take them in my car with me which I think is pretty cool. Try 5 standard sized aussie guys in a Supra, they will be pretty good friends by the end of the trip!

Agreed - Not a fan of the black Supra either. But each to their own.. I like the look of mine, just wish my rims had some dish!!!!!!! Meh this Supra will be for sale in the next couple of weeks anyway - And my R32 GTS-t. Time to pump some cash into the 34 GTR :ninja::(

Lol...

Not a fan of the black supra, yet you own that thing? lucky your selling it!

Veilside f**k off wing, veilside front bar(worst one ever!), bling wheels, stupid headlight covers/stickers?... what were you thinking?

When i see supra's such as that example, im sorry to say, but i start hating them too, lucky for me, way back when i bought mine, people werent doing these kind of things to theyre supras.

Sydney-king,

Cant you just use some high quality race fluids on your brakes/clutch to eliminate the boiling?

Homologated race car (GTR and little brother GTST) are far superior to the Supra as they have racing development in their DNA.

Hahaha...dude, how can you compare a gtst with a GTR??? honestly?

Thats like comparing a RZ TT supra to a NA supra! way way different and in a different league.

I love gtr's(especially R32), and if i ever got to a point of needing a dedicated track car, that would be one of my cars.

Lol...

Not a fan of the black supra, yet you own that thing? lucky your selling it!

Veilside f**k off wing, veilside front bar(worst one ever!), bling wheels, stupid headlight covers/stickers?... what were you thinking?

When i see supra's such as that example, im sorry to say, but i start hating them too, lucky for me, way back when i bought mine, people werent doing these kind of things to theyre supras.

Sydney-king,

Cant you just use some high quality race fluids on your brakes/clutch to eliminate the boiling?

So rude. So childish. Did I bag his car out?? I think it is actually a nice clean looking Supra, I just wouldn't pick it as a 'fine example' of a Supra, and I wouldn't pick mine to be either, I never claimed it to be the hottest Supra, just said I like it... My fave Supra's come out of my husbands work Millennium Motorsports, there's not much else that competes with Carlos' cars... Did I ever bag your car out?? If you want to have a penis enlargement comp, please just PM me and we'll set something up - If you can handle being beaten by a girl :huh:

At the end of the day, I'm a 22 year old girl and I've never had a loan, everything that sits in my garage, I paid cash for... Your opinion doesn't make me feel any less stoked about what I have.

Why be so rude??