SAU Community

Sau-vic 2008 Membership Renewal And Dyno Day

Mavric

I don't see anyone bitching, except maybe Ash :) Intake temps may also have to do with the fact Mav and I are running high mount turbos and I took mine for a 'spirited' drive a few minutes before so the temp was certainly up. My manifold glows red hot under load, it's not coated and only partially heat wrapped.

Speculation aside, Dyno results are just numbers.. don't really care but I can tell you the car has plenty of punch now. There's only slight lag loss compared to the 0.63.. Interesting to see that my car doesn't make as much power with VCT on. I'm still getting used to the open gate. haha

Anyways I don't know about 1:51's but I'll see what I can do, I'll try to keep out of your way Jack :laugh:

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bitching at all.

I just find it quite poor, that on a dyno day - something thats used to compare results - That the results (for certain cars) aren't accurate due to things being fudged.

Same dyno, same day scenario, comparable results.

Thats the purpose of a dyno day!!!

Its goes against the spirit and fun of the day in my view.

Its nothing to do with high mount manifolds either. Please stop trying to make up excuses.

tsk tsk Ash, I'm not here to make excuses - certainly not to you. If you want to talk shit do it elsewhere thanks.

I don't appreciate your suggestions about results being "fudged".

Are you going to say the same about the 58 degree intake temps of the GTRHKS? (Oh look, it has a high mount as well). That car has nothing to do with RE Customs. In fact it was supposedly tuned by Racing Line. So please stop with the silly accusations.

Anyhow....

Congrats matt...thats some great power there and congrats to everyone else.

As Jack says mate its 1:51's at the Island for you and if you are pulling those times me and you are going to be very close :laugh:

Hey just like to say thanks to you all for coming and to SAU crew.

In regards to IT, I knew it was bit too much when Mavric pulled out 300+ kw on the dyno so I told the crew to place around the intake since I knew this would cause a stir.

I know that Matts 34 is ridiculously hot under the bonnet, I honestly think his run wasn't fudged.

Anyhow, I do apologize and next time I wont be using the IT.

Geez Ash... Talk about being bitter that your car isn't running yet! :laugh:

Not bitching at all.

I just find it quite poor, that on a dyno day - something thats used to compare results - That the results (for certain cars) aren't accurate due to things being fudged.

Same dyno, same day scenario, comparable results.

Thats the purpose of a dyno day!!!

Its goes against the spirit and fun of the day in my view.

Its nothing to do with high mount manifolds either. Please stop trying to make up excuses.

can i join for membership down there??? lol i just wanna come meet and greet i dont think the r34 gt is ready to be run. its missing a turbo lol

3 days too late buddy :P

"like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives... "

anyway... does the speed reached at the top of the power curve mean anything?? I noticed mine gets to about 185kph, which seems to be a bit higher than some of the other graphs that have a higher power reading??

ill send you one this week..

same with everyone else that didnt have their card handy.. :yes:

Hey Kaz......... I left my card with you and wandered off (typical). Do you have it by chance?

I thought I saw Ash's car in the pics from the show n shine? Looked like Ash driving a car black skyline anyway.

Very impressive results regardless when you consider what these cars come with from factory. Each person has their own interests whether it be drags, track or DECA and thats what makes the diversity of the club great. :yes:

Yeah Ash, i think you need to take your frustrations out elsewhere :yes:

Dont blame ash...he hasnt been able to get laid in a while.....anyone would be frustrated...I mean, all those Benalia chicks just waiting for a piece of teh shoulders!