• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i reckon an exhaust is definitely on the agenda

want to do a few small things first

fix the seat, gear boot, gear nob, tint etc

then a few mods

im still not 100% sure if i just keep it stock or not

maybe just get an exhaust and keep the stock one in the garage, so i can always put stock back on for a fully stock re-sale

i reckon you would fetch more for a stock 32 in a few years than a molested one :laugh:

Yeh i think it was a reasonable result and he was pleased to see that it was all in order - was fresh off the boast only a couple of months back. exhaust is probably on the cards sooner or later especially after he noticed my gtst pulls away from him... :D yet his 'R' pulls hard for 100% stocko :)
old rusted exhaust = good excuse for upgrade :yes:

LOL! Yeah get the few interior things done and like what I did, you can keep the stock catback exhaust (Suprisingly the pipe is quite big) just aftermarket dump pipes and cat and keep eveything like you said.

HAHA! Getting beaten by ya bro in his GTS-T! Oh well... Looks like you do need the exhaust and maybe upgrade to a K&N high flow panel filter in ya air box.

No one has said it yet but nice work on the tea towels pete - they look tops. :D

Oh - and for who ever asked I didn't put my car on the dyno. But I had just picked it up from Racepace where it had made around 380 or something which I guess would equate to around 204 on Rays dyno. :)

thanks for the comments about the car guys :)

Big thanks to the exec SAU crew for putting on a great day!! Didn't get to try the lamb sausages though... :D

Nice to say hi to a few people, Ash, Brad, Paul, Mav, Roy, Jack, Pete, Matt and meet some new ones Dave, and the two dudes, one with that drift spec silver 32 (i'm not sure if we got each others names, sorry if i've forgotten!!)

Car didn't make what i thought it was capable of, and especially after seeing some of the dyno results here, something definitely seems a bit odd.

Here's my graph....

graph.jpg

The curve looks ok and but seems to be well down on power considering i have a full 3" stainless system (BATMBL split front/dump pipe, 3" cat, 3" cat back HKS super dragger) And one of those $30 boost controllers.

I did notice that it was spewing out a lot of smoke though which i guess coincides with how rich the car gets. Oh thanks for Roy and Matt to explaining the AFR curve for me :(

So yeah, thoughts on the graph? I'm thinking it should be make about 20kw's more going on something like Chris's graph and even the silvia graph above.

Is there anything i can look at before i go playing with the ECU?? I'm going to get a Dr Drift remap, but if there is something i can do about it before that, i'm willing to give it a try.

where do i find the intake temp? :D

Probably a stupid question, but my tyres are 40psi or more, it says 35... that wouldn't make any difference would it?

EDIT: think i found it, IT: 22??

yeah, a few key cars had REALLY high intake temperature reading, which pumped up power considerably.

most cars had the intake air temp probe in the right place, the Airbox or near the air filter, others, well, didn't.....

Damn those lamb sausages were good even if i say so myself hehe :D

+1 on the sausages they were great. :)

I was one of the new faces and i really enjoyed the atmospheare.

My car didn't make it into any pics but. :( It was the burgundy 33 in the driveway across from r&e.

Awesome day - really enjoyed myself. BBQ wasn't bad either :D

Here's my dyno graph:

post-2240-1204505826_thumb.jpg

Only mods:

- GKTech split dump+front 3"

- super high-flow cat :)

- 3.5" cat-back

- Apexi Pod

- Front-Mount

- Bosch 040 Pump on standard boost. Pretty happy with that.

Cheers,

Steve.

yeah, a few key cars had REALLY high intake temperature reading, which pumped up power considerably.

most cars had the intake air temp probe in the right place, the Airbox or near the air filter, others, well, didn't.....

a few key cars??

sooo.... how much of a difference does it actually make??

Daniel - your result sounds about right. give/take 10rwkw for dyno differences and so on, and its perfectly normal.

You really need to change ECU and put a good tune through it. That would give you anothyer 15-20rwkw.

Only some cars had massive IT temps, most were correct :laugh:

55deg intake temp is worth ~30-40rwkw from what i have seen when your up around 300rwkw that is.

Basically more power you make, bigger the difference due to the correction factor for intake temps.

On a 200rwkw car, the difference is around 15-20rwkw.

nothing wrong with that, curve looks good... its just a tad rich as you haven't got anything to lean out the mixtures... stock ecu sees more airflow than standard and dumps extra fuel in to be safe... hence the smoke outta the exhaust:)

thanks for the comments about the car guys :laugh:

Big thanks to the exec SAU crew for putting on a great day!! Didn't get to try the lamb sausages though... :laugh:

Nice to say hi to a few people, Ash, Brad, Paul, Mav, Roy, Jack, Pete, Matt and meet some new ones Dave, and the two dudes, one with that drift spec silver 32 (i'm not sure if we got each others names, sorry if i've forgotten!!)

Car didn't make what i thought it was capable of, and especially after seeing some of the dyno results here, something definitely seems a bit odd.

Here's my graph....

graph.jpg

The curve looks ok and but seems to be well down on power considering i have a full 3" stainless system (BATMBL split front/dump pipe, 3" cat, 3" cat back HKS super dragger) And one of those $30 boost controllers.

I did notice that it was spewing out a lot of smoke though which i guess coincides with how rich the car gets. Oh thanks for Roy and Matt to explaining the AFR curve for me :wave:

So yeah, thoughts on the graph? I'm thinking it should be make about 20kw's more going on something like Chris's graph and even the silvia graph above.

Is there anything i can look at before i go playing with the ECU?? I'm going to get a Dr Drift remap, but if there is something i can do about it before that, i'm willing to give it a try.