SAU Community

Sau-vic 2008 Membership Renewal And Dyno Day

Mavric

Great day, was great to see all the members come down, hopefully everyone enjoyed the day. Thanks to Kaz, Mav, Bec, Ash on the BBQ and the rest of the SAU crew for their time.

Ray's X5 made 139kw.. what a BANGA! :D

Here's a few pics.

post-10650-1204433328_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433346_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433356_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433366_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433377_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433388_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433399_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433416_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433426_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433435_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433446_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433457_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433467_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433482_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433491_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433503_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433513_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433526_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433545_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433567_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433589_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433598_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433637_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433652_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433663_thumb.jpg

post-10650-1204433679_thumb.jpg

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great turnout - thanks to all of those who helped organise the day and set it up

good meet some of the new members too, i was the guy with ash on the bbq (im in the orange autosalon shirt)

lots of good cars and a wide ranges of results. even some mid 300kw cars which is good

if anyone has any questions on what the info on their dyno sheet means or what the curves actually tell you post up and we can provide advice/help

and recommend changes to make the car perform better, etc etc.

Hi guys! Anyone that joined up yesterday, please don't all send me 50 PMs, your access to the members only section will come into effect in the next few days and anyone still needing stickers should get them around Wed, so let me know if there's any outstanding issues at the end of the week :D

Thanks guys,

Cheers!!

~Kaz

202kw's for me. Not bad but there are plenty of guys making more than that.

Thanks to the organisers. I had fun except the defect on the way down there.

Who won the 'guess the kw' comp?

ah nice

i got 204.8

need to get my boost controller in and a bigger fuel pump and z32

then shell make some good numbers :P

Yup, the oldest skyline at the day held its own against its larger capacity brothers and all with a stock turbo. :D

Another RB20 came very close that had a 2535, nice curve as well.

Then there was a white 32 with an RB20.......that began its ramp up with af/r's starting at 17:1 and dissapearing off the top of the chart. Operator backed right off and I assume he thought something was amiss as they redid the sniffer and started again to get the same result.

Engine was obviously a time bomb but owner is lucky he spent the couple dollars to put it on as it has saved him an engine.....if its not already too late.

yeh it was 2 cars before me

made like 80rwkw cause they had to back off

Get a K&N panel filter, should allow it to breath easier.

Does you dump pipes and cat look like this?

<image links removed but appreciated :D>

Standard dump pipes will look like straws compared to these. LOL!

They are probably aftermarket because they're big and thick (with surface rust :D ).

I measured it recently and I couldn't seem to get an accurate measurement before the cat but its a thick pipe, somewhere between 9 and 10inches circumference so about 3inch thick near the cat...(hard to measure). The exhaust itself appears to be roughly 3.3inches near the end so its probably a 3inch pipe.

The compliance cat is about 8.5 inches round or so, it worked out to roughly 2.5inches entry and its very thin and flat, looks like it won't be flowing much air.

I would take a photo but I'd need to jack up the car and its going for tuning in a week or two so I'll know for sure then.

New cat and highflow panel filter, tuned boost controller and PowerFC (replacing the mines ECU) should make a huge difference over the previous 156.6 awkw :P

Really? Thats nice to know :D

How do the AFR's look? Look all over the place to me lol

afr's look typical for stock ecu, they like richen up the higher the revs go. Mine used to plumet to near 10 whereas yours are hovering around 11 in top end. more power could be easily made leaning them out a bit more to 12:1, but ofcourse you need to find yourself an ecu... my car runs a flat 12:1 afrs with power fc and makes 202rwkw stock turbo, this was at RE also. I used to get some flat spots the rev range with my stock ecu under increased boost after the exhaust and fmic.

who won lowest power?? by the time i left i was still winning :) (or, losing?)

also, i paid for my renewal but forgot to get the expiry date updated, can i just change it on the card?

who won lowest power?? by the time i left i was still winning :) (or, losing?)

also, i paid for my renewal but forgot to get the expiry date updated, can i just change it on the card?

ill send you one this week..

same with everyone else that didnt have their card handy.. :)

here's my graph, feel free to analyse it:

dyno-graph-edit2.jpg

just remember it's an NA 300ZX, not a twin turbo. I did a compression test last week, 190psi on all 6 cylinders and I've got an Apexi pod, 2.5 frontpipes, metal cats and cat back and also a lighter tailshaft. stock NA Zed with perfect compression should hit 120rwkw. I think I may have hit the Jap speed limiter though.

abit dissapointed that I only got 1 run... started missfiring and Ray backed off (he's got good ears.. I didn't hear anything until it returned to idle.. sounded like a rexy). Was only the coil pack connectors coming loose so I dropped a cylinder... just pushed them back on but there was no point asking for another run as they'd just come off again. my fault for being lazy, I have the new connectors in my room but didn't install them because my coilpack connectors have never come off under normal load on the street. Also need to sort out some vacuum leaks and replace O2 sensors.

I want to go back for another run after I fix everything. Hoping for 125-130rwkw using the stock tune. I think there's definately more in it and maybe next year I'll get extractors and a retune and try and hit 150kw.

Other than that it was good to meet a few people even though i didn't stay for long, won't feel like such a newb next time I'm at a SAUVIC event. Thanks to all the people who organised it.

Sorry i didnt make it down

It looks like it went off. But i was a bit busy this weekend.

Kaz can you send me details on how to fix up my membership...

Cheers..

Pat's car

150.3kw of awesome stock power :) (catback+arc smic)

Whats the deal with the raffle? Which number is the winner?

Awesome day, thanks to the people who organised it and Recustoms!

Oh hey Jordan!

Ya bro happy with the dyno chart? If not free up that exhaust and let it flow better.

yeah i reckon an exhaust is definitely on the agenda

want to do a few small things first

fix the seat, gear boot, gear nob, tint etc

then a few mods

im still not 100% sure if i just keep it stock or not

maybe just get an exhaust and keep the stock one in the garage, so i can always put stock back on for a fully stock re-sale

i reckon you would fetch more for a stock 32 in a few years than a molested one :D

Oh hey Jordan!

Ya bro happy with the dyno chart? If not free up that exhaust and let it flow better.

Yeh i think it was a reasonable result and he was pleased to see that it was all in order - was fresh off the boast only a couple of months back. exhaust is probably on the cards sooner or later especially after he noticed my gtst pulls away from him... :D yet his 'R' pulls hard for 100% stocko :laugh: