SAU Community

Sau-vic 2008 Membership Renewal And Dyno Day

Mavric

if i remember, i'll bring down my laptop and conZult cable... only ever used it on my zed but i think it can hook up to the consult port on any skyline upto 33 series 1 (i think it works on the pre '95 ODB1 cars, won't work on ODB2) so if anyone wants error codes checked before they hit the dyno i can probz do that (until the battery runs out). I'll only be there in the morning though, can't stay for the whole day.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I have a stock-ish R33 GTR, exhaust system, compliance cat, mines ECU, HKS EVC boost controller, compliance air filter. The car was running 10psi and I got 156.6AWKW.

So is my car not making enough power....some people have said it sounds roughly correct?

I will be making some more mods next month for more power :rofl:

compliance cat / compliance air filter..? Does that mean these items cause restrictions to the air flow?

Factory Stock GTR boost is 0.5 Bar = 7.2 Psi and I believe the brass boost restrictor has been removed for a SAFE Factor Boost increase which takes it up to 0.7 Bar = 10.1 Psi.

As what Russman said, all dynos are different, temprature might have affected the perfomance, some ppl put a gigantic fan to feed air to the pods and have a fan to blow against the intercooler... It can all affect it. Iam guessing.

Well atleast you got the HKS Boost controller. Take it up another 1 or 2 bars and should give abit more power increase.

A member on this forum revhed01, he is running about 1.25 Bar = 18.1 Psi and he put it on a dyno and got about 280 AWKW. Also hes got N1 Turbos.

I think they make about 187.4 Kw at all wheels, thats if its about 20-25% power loss through the drivetrain. Ppl in Japan been getting around 243 Kw at the flywheel, probley here in AUS too!

Stock you talking like nothing, no pods, exhaust, nothing...

yeah i mean stock as a rock

the only thing it has is tein coilovers

and im sellin them anyways

:rofl:

stock... so we will see if its at your 187 or so figure...

Hmm, I have a stock-ish R33 GTR, exhaust system, compliance cat, mines ECU, HKS EVC boost controller, compliance air filter. The car was running 10psi and I got 156.6AWKW.

So is my car not making enough power....some people have said it sounds roughly correct?

I will be making some more mods next month for more power :(

The compliance cat is probably your biggest enemy. Generally they use the cheapest cat they can get and often they are not even new. Therefore the flow of the cat is probably less than factory one from Japan.

I know with mine the cat was like a 2" opening pipe and flange and as soon as I got rid of it power returned.

I'd say get a good cat or "customise" your cat if it's a good size, adn this should return the car to stock power.

The compliance cat is probably your biggest enemy. Generally they use the cheapest cat they can get and often they are not even new. Therefore the flow of the cat is probably less than factory one from Japan.

I know with mine the cat was like a 2" opening pipe and flange and as soon as I got rid of it power returned.

I'd say get a good cat or "customise" your cat if it's a good size, adn this should return the car to stock power.

Thats what I was thinking. Just get a new high flow cat or find a stock GTR one, thats if there are any that are still in good condition.

The mines ECU won't be helping either. Who knows what that thing has been set up to do.

True that!

Thats what I was thinking. Just get a new high flow cat or find a stock GTR one, thats if there are any that are still in good condition.

True that!

Yes, looking at an X-force stainless steel high flow cat (around 700 cfm according to the manufacturer) not the $160 one from JustJap....

Also looking at PowerFC + tune, just need to ring around for a price of tuning, PowerFC is looking at between $950 and $980 from forum traders.

Yes, looking at an X-force stainless steel high flow cat (around 700 cfm according to the manufacturer) not the $160 one from JustJap....

Also looking at PowerFC + tune, just need to ring around for a price of tuning, PowerFC is looking at between $950 and $980 from forum traders.

Sweet! with that high flow cat you will feel the difference and the car will run a lot smoother and you can feel the exhaust flow better.

Member on the forum Carizma / David might sell them...

HA! Autobarns probley got Apexi PowerFC. If not RE Customs, Kamikaze Motors and On The Run Motor Sports.

Sweet! with that high flow cat you will feel the difference and the car will run a lot smoother and you can feel the exhaust flow better.

Member on the forum Carizma / David might sell them...

HA! Autobarns probley got Apexi PowerFC. If not RE Customs, Kamikaze Motors and On The Run Motor Sports.

Actually I will likely be buying the cat from BOS importing. I'll give RE customs a call about purchase + tune on Monday.

Just measured the exhaust, 10.5 inches circumference (HKS super dragger), so roughly 3.3inches (so that would be a 3inch exhaust?)

Compliance cat, 8.5 inches circumference at the start of it, or 2.7inches, so probably a 2.5inch compliance cat....

Regards,

Gareth

I quickly scanned thru these pages but didn't see anything at first glance...do you have to register to run the car on the dyno or is it just rock up and wait?

Mate just come down and say hi

I'll be in a sau Top Ask for mav. Once you have paid and i'll hand out a numbered ticket and that will be the order in which the runs will take place :laugh:

Catch ya there...

So i can pay for my SAU vic membership and then get 3 dyno runs for $40? or will it still be $60? lol im curious about my power it will be embarrassing though with my auto n/a with a crowd :'(