SAU Community

Gtr V Lf-a

GTR v LF-A  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask how people are making this decision without any firm figures of what the LF-A actually is/does?

Probably in a similar way to how folks are questioning the reliability of a car which has only been on the market for 3-4 months, and few here have driven, much less owned.

My original post pertained to the LF being a more attractive car (ie. prettier). I know it's a waste of all that technical achievement in the GTR, the phenomenal DSG and all that, but if I forked out $150k of my hard earned, i wouldn't let it touch the track in any less than the hands of a professional - of which i am not. So therefore it would be a streeter, where all that technical achievement is almost irrelevant, and things like aesthetics become more important.

If I pay six figures for a car, i want a car that makes me go 'wow' when i drive it/ look at it. And IMO the LF-A does that more than the GTR. Don't get me wrong, the 35 is a gorgeous car, but from the LF shots i've seen it makes the GTR look a bit like a muscled up 350Z.

Thats why i want an Ultima :blink: Quick and brutally simple...BUT LOOKS MONEY BABY

Gee, slow down there Troy! Don't go winding the clock back too far mate, seriously... an Ultima! Ever sat in one? You know as well as anyone that to be able to pedal a car quickly, you need to be able to drive it properly. Heck, in an Ultima (well, the one I've been in), I couldn't heel/toe, couldn't move my right elbow, left elbow kept bashing something.... mate, rotten rotten, Rotten thing!

My vote? Went to the LFA thingy.... only because tarmac rallying (my "thing") will be flooded with 35 GTR's next year, and I like to be in something different. And I reckon it'll have that "supercar" cache, but with Toyota reliability and "thrashworthiness".

Gee, slow down there Troy! Don't go winding the clock back too far mate, seriously... an Ultima! Ever sat in one? You know as well as anyone that to be able to pedal a car quickly, you need to be able to drive it properly. Heck, in an Ultima (well, the one I've been in), I couldn't heel/toe, couldn't move my right elbow, left elbow kept bashing something.... mate, rotten rotten, Rotten thing!

My vote? Went to the LFA thingy.... only because tarmac rallying (my "thing") will be flooded with 35 GTR's next year, and I like to be in something different. And I reckon it'll have that "supercar" cache, but with Toyota reliability and "thrashworthiness".

I have sat in a red one that ran an injected LS1 at Eastern Creek years and years ago. It was probably 2003. Didnt drive it though, and yes it was basic inside. You could be right re elbow etc. What i do remember is saying "Fark chaging gears with my right hand" But hey, i later broke my left wrist and had to learn how to bat off right handed, so could probably change gears with that hand now :P

true story, all the F1 enthusiasts are now v8 bogans :(

+1 for taking both, but if I had to choose it would be the GTR hands down, I'm a nissan man through and through

is that so, bogans ay? hehe.. difference is the sound.. our bogan V8s sound like all V8s and imo sound like arse.. compare that to an F1 V8 noise.. and the difference is.......massive

i dunno which car id take though - but seeing as the GTR has already been released etc, ill just say the GTR - who knows what the LFA will be like when its produced... :laugh:

and im also a nissan man.. even though i do own a holden, mind u its got a 26/30.. so its hardly a holden ;p

Edited by gnki'vlct

i later broke my left wrist and had to learn how to bat off right handed, so could probably change gears with that hand now :(

I have to agree with Roy on this one.

Oh, yes i think the GTR is better. But in time my tune might change (i'm open-minded, just like Roy). The LF-A is a very good looking piece of arse tin.

Be honest scathing, You would simply miss that outstanding service you recieve from nissan. :(

I've been caught out! I love being treated like a 3 year old, lied to, and stolen from.

And if I had $150K to spend on a car I'm the kind of down-to-earth guy that would prefer to be treated like the bint that thought buying a Micra was a good idea.

All weather conditions? Who in their right mind tries to punt a performance car quickly in the rain?

I don't think I've ever been accused of having a right mind.

I punt my car in the rain. I just don't punt it as hard as in the dry. I've done a few wet-weather track days and I've loved them. Lowering the environmental grip levels teaches you to drive better, as you don't have as much margin of error.

Lets say that the premise is that you want a fast car. You're presented with 2 options. In the dry they're almost identical in pace. In the wet, one is significantly quicker. Given the premise, its not a difficult choice.

Sure its nice not to be thrown off the road, but any decent car is perfectly safe in the wet.

By that logic, there's no point buying any road going sports car. Any vehicle is as quick as you need it to be if you comply with all the road rules.

There's nothing that makes any vehicle physically incapable of going onto a track, but who in their right mind puts that much wear and tear on a vehicle (and burns up that much petrol) to achieve a net velocity of zero?

Edited by scathing

.. compare that to an F1 V8 noise.. and the difference is.......massive

if you could rev it to 19,000rpm- it'd sound the same, only louder. most engines do by that point. just think of 250 4-cyl sportsbikes

I don't think I've ever been accused of having a right mind.

I punt my car in the rain. I just don't punt it as hard as in the dry. I've done a few wet-weather track days and I've loved them. Lowering the environmental grip levels teaches you to drive better, as you don't have as much margin of error.

Lets say that the premise is that you want a fast car. You're presented with 2 options. In the dry they're almost identical in pace. In the wet, one is significantly quicker. Given the premise, its not a difficult choice.

By that logic, there's no point buying any road going sports car. Any vehicle is as quick as you need it to be if you comply with all the road rules.

There's nothing that makes any vehicle physically incapable of going onto a track, but who in their right mind puts that much wear and tear on a vehicle (and burns up that much petrol) to achieve a net velocity of zero?

I agree re track days., Wet, dry whatever, just get out there and have fun. If it happens to be wet you will be doing a lot more learning in a rwd car then an awd car like the GTR.

But my point is people say quicker in all conditions. These days sports cars are all but a waste on the street. So since you cant punt them you have to enjoy the experience of just driving it. AWD, FWD or RWD if its wet you are mad to chose that time to play in the car. You are just asking for throuble.

So on the track, getting back to the original point, yeh the AWD would provide you with a far better tool if you are trying to go quick

"I" rather enjoy a net velocity of 0... most often enjoyed with my pants on.

I dont know of any sprints/gravel rally's in NSW that dont cost me a fortune let alone one I could attend semi regularly... Im not exceptionaly well of, not poor but not well of enough to afford a better play car than a 33t. I have a hobby budget and keeping it + my bike and my golf seems to be my limit.

I'd love to be pointed in a cheaper direction.. especially some gravel and hill climb directions. gravel purely for hte fun of punting around playing... hill climbs are just savage fun for places and the REALLY tight turns only help!

Well ppl can say "ill vote for the LF-A to be different", but then you go to a toyo forum and whats the bet in a similar topic ppl will be saying ill get a GTR to be different cause everyone seems to be going for the LF-A.

i like the lf-a its pretty mad imo my first car was a supra and its sort of stuck with me even though ive had the gtr and 200sx the supra was a real passion for me. i love the new gtr but there is too much technical stuff in it that is pointless. like uneeded for a road car, and although i do like quick gear changes the fact is that its an auto and that is not cool imo. i like to actually drive a car not just sit in and steer the wheel u know i like to get involve smash gears up and down etc, thats what driving is, not this auto bull shit