SAU Community

East Meets West Meet - Fri 20th June

dezz

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to maccas on ring rd..its not like its far from northern..

Not a bad idea. Wondering if its OK to meet at Albert Park for the people from the inner suburbs and from the north?

I suggest people bring warm, waterproof jackets and an umbrella if you're feeling adventurous...If today is anything to go by it could be a wet night tomorrow, and there isn't exactly cover at Albert Park. Hopefully its not a wet night but we'll have to wait and see!

And yeah I'm already there. Basti you still coming out?

Basti said he rather be sprawled across someones front lawn, drunk as a fck while clutching black label than catch up with the usual sau people......

I've just come back from Albert Park to check out the carpark situation.

The meet point will be in the big carpark (its huge) which is pretty much immediately to your left when entering Aughtie Dr via Albert Rd.

I've got no idea what it'll be like on a Friday night, but there was a few cars there tonight, although still plenty of space.

Again, there is no cover at Albert Park so unfortunately if its raining it won't be ideal for a meet but we'll make the best of it anyway.

On a more serious note: This is not an official club event, hence non members being allowed to attend. However, one thing remains the same and that is that no idiotic driving will be tolerated by myself or Allen Paul. Anyone seen being stupid or driving like an idiot will have their club membership suspended or revoked (even if you just signed up on the night) and any non members may find themselves dealing directly with the police.

It may sound harsh, but 30-40 Skylines draw enough attention without people driving like idiots. It's cold, the roads are wet, and you will be driving in a large pack of cars. You are not impressing anyone by trying to be a hero so don't try.

Myself and Allen will remind everyone attending what is expected of them in terms of behavior prior to leaving the east and west meet points. At the end of the day its for your own benefit as well as everyone else attending. We will be driving through Albert Park, but the GP has come and gone, so lets all just enjoy a nice leisurely drive with some good company, and keep the rest of it for the track.

See you all tomorrow night for what is looking like a big one! :geek: