SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Cage is finished (other than the padding and putting the interior back together). Geez I'm wrapped with how neatly it has all come back together. Sure it could have been lighter, but it doesn't look or feel like it has lost it's "street car"ness at all which is what I really wanted. I'm very happy with the work thats been done indeed.

post-5136-1223520652_thumb.jpg

post-5136-1223520675_thumb.jpg

post-5136-1223520701_thumb.jpg

post-5136-1223520728_thumb.jpg

Merridian Motorsport have done the cage. (free plug!) http://www.mmsport.com.au/

There's a guy down there called Andrew that is their fabricator who is a very talented man (a few people from here could attest to that actually).

This part should be finished in the next few days, then I'll get the front diff repaired next week and then we'll be right to apply "Ze Secret" and the car will be good to go! Hopefully make it to PI for a shake-down in Novemeber and then into bubble wrap until the end of Jan :kiss:

I approve snowbuddy. looks good. steering colum at perfect height for me if I want to steer with my nutsack so I can eat a burger and drink a beer at the same time. it's rally-tastic I say.

How are the later model Skylines dashes for reflections in the front windscreen? The R32 is rubbish in bright light. Is it worthwhile investigating some material over the dash to ensure there is no reflection in the screen?

Awesome looking cage too Snowdaddy. Not pissing in your pocket but from one of the pics it is one of the best integrated cages i have seen. Credit to you and Meridian

Sometimes the most exciting things are the most subtle!

ohhhh but i wanna know now :banana: good thing i'm at work and i can go though the regs in detail today :laugh:

z-tune replica?

flux capacitor?

brock polerisor?

The biggest issue with running a z-tune rep would be ensuring the aftermarket 'glass guards are at least 3mm thick. Am I right Stuart? That would make it too hard to do I reckon?

hehe

oh that would be nice, pitty option parts are limited to suspension, cooling, aero, and wheels.

True - but if the car is entered as a 2005 R34 GTR Z-Tune its ok (as opposed to entering it as a 2001 R34 GTR V Spec N1 and adding the options).

Nothing to say you can't :banana:

Nothing to say an R33 GTR can't be entered as a 400R either!