SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Timmy and I had plans to be there, but we've decided to take another year off to persue other interests.

We've decided 2013 is our comeback year all going well. Hopefully our car isn't too uncompetetive by then.....

Cheers for the input on the rear guys. That is by far the hardest part of the project, so if those in the know feel it is not worthwhile I will reconsider. Cost isnt a major consideration as I have some good engineering mates who will help with the work at the right price and have a complete MX5 at the right price to salvage all parts and to use as a guide. Have already got guys who beef up the MX5 rear end and can make FD diffs work for the guys that are already putting rotors and V8s in MX5's. Main challenge is prepping the shell to accept the subframe, and getting it at the right height to have correct roll centre. The upsaide is once its in with some decent coilovers, you have good amounts of ride height, camber and toe adjustment to fine tune the handling.

Great to hear you are getting back amongst it Scott.

Maybe its time for his to return in 2013??? 2013 - BATTLE FOR THE WANG!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG-20110428-00001.jpg

Edited by Darkside

Cheers for the input on the rear guys. That is by far the hardest part of the project, so if those in the know feel it is not worthwhile I will reconsider. Cost isnt a major consideration as I have some good engineering mates who will help with the work at the right price and have a complete MX5 at the right price to salvage all parts and to use as a guide. Have already got guys who beef up the MX5 rear end and can make FD diffs work for the guys that are already putting rotors and V8s in MX5's. Main challenge is prepping the shell to accept the subframe, and getting it at the right height to have correct roll centre. The upsaide is once its in with some decent coilovers, you have good amounts of ride height, camber and toe adjustment to fine tune the handling.

Great to hear you are getting back amongst it Scott.

Maybe its time for his to return in 2013??? 2013 - BATTLE FOR THE WANG!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG-20110428-00001.jpg

Wow somebody took a bite out of it! Who knows where that thing has been!

No matter what you're never getting the smell of it out of your house Paris!

My plans after getting the new car was to get back for THC'12 - but I really don't know how accurate those plans are these days LOL

Like Woo - I've got lots of other plans I'd like to do next year.

And I'd still like to look at Pikes one day.

Maybe once I get this car actually running properly I will think about what I will do with it.

So who does one have to pester to get a course car job for one of the rallies (TT12 would be awesome). Now it's with CAMS I can throw my hand up for having a bronze rally officials license which means I can check/set the rally stages and I'm not afraid to sit in the silly seat while doing so.