SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Sounds cool, but to what end really?

The appeal of Tarmac rally is the fact that it's not on a circuit with safe run off and barriers and ready access to fire marshals.

Good thing anyway, but I'm not sure fans will really appreciate what they are seeing. Surely some will, but yeah got my old man pants on today. Get off my lawn.

EDIT: Just thinking, I'm hoping you guys are going to have some sort of staging area or something to field questions and talk Tarmac Rally/Show off the cars etc, that would be sweet.

Edited by ActionDan

ABSOLUTELY PUMPED for it!!!!!!

I am here fist pumping like a champ typing one handed!

I'm not pleased about not saucing it up Friday though! :P

Dan, it's more about an opportunity to thank some sponsors and let them "experience" the car. Given tarmac rally cars are approved for passengers we can go full tilt. No, it's not a rally stage. No, it's not even timed. But, we get to drive the full F1 course as fast as we want, and show passengers (whether that be sponsor/spouse/mate/whatever) what the cars can do. Add to that the cars being displayed all weekend, AND a 4 day pass to the Brabham corporate stand, I reckon it's well wicked!

I'll be messing with the F1 game's settings in hope of replicating the Ute's behaviour.

100 metre mark you say... PFFFFT, look out champ, coz at that rate I'll be diving up the inside. Keep an eye out for me!

Helmet ? What are they...

Given the conditions we weren't allowed a full tilt, was behind a pace car! Bugger!!

Could only imagine what it would be like at full tilt though. Great surface, super wide in most places, just going to be insane for you guys.

Weather permitting ofcourse!

Grand Prix Rally - Correctamundo Woo. Back in 2005, ages ago now.

Hope you've been well...

Wanted to do it after I found out its not just a single session on one of the days, and includes sinking piss & food in a Brabham corner corporate box! Alas I have a close mates bucks on the Saturday - thought of doing Thurs and Friday only entered my mind but can't justify the kesh at the moment.

What is the deal with taking footage - has Bernie issued you guys a statement saying you can't take / use footage / he owns it or the like?

Helmet ? What are they...

Given the conditions we weren't allowed a full tilt, was behind a pace car! Bugger!!

Could only imagine what it would be like at full tilt though. Great surface, super wide in most places, just going to be insane for you guys.

Weather permitting ofcourse!

Grand Prix Rally - Correctamundo Woo. Back in 2005, ages ago now.

Hope you've been well...

Can completely understand not being able to go hard in those conditions.... looks appalling!

Hope you're well too John.