SAU Community

R32 Airconditioning Not Working

Rekin

Ya I actually unbolted it from the other end in my frustration. Which was fine.. until the gear slipped while I was resoldering. Now i'm mucking around trying to get the position correct again. I'd definitely recommend lock the gear in place before you do anything :cool:.

• 5 months later...
Just another FYI. There is a plug in the centre console opposite the cigarette lighter. If that is unplugged the climate control will stay on hot.

Thanks heaps Sarumatix!

Turned out to be the plug in the center console giving me constant heat. I pulled my whole dash apart to fix the heater core and this is the one plug I forgot to plug back in. One side of the plug is attached to the same loom as the cigarette lighter. It has two wires, brown and green I think. Check this plug if you have been messing around with your dash. I'm so happy to get this fixed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

my climate control will only blow hot or warm air. i then unplugged the cabin temp sensor and now it only blows ambient/outside air,

anyway here is what i got from the diagnosis mode can anyone help?

-26 = blend door fault.

and my sensors

checked the blend door and it wasnt moving with temperature settings so i unplugged it and cleaned the plug and refitted it and now the blend door actuator is working. so i think i just need a/c gas.

it actually ended up being my intake temperature sensor and not the refrigerant sensor, so i need to put a 5ohm resistor across the plug behind the glove box right?

now my condensor fan never turns on so i decided to bridge the a/c relay and when i did i heard a clunk and the fan still stayed off. i was happy when i heard the clunk as something is engaging, so does anybody know what the clunk is and how to get the condensor fan working?

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

So hopefully someone can help me out here.

Months ago i managed to wiggle the plug and get servo door to move to HOT. Now I've gone though and reflowed the solder (2 were cracked), which I figured would solve the problem. However I ran the diagnostics test and get faults 21,22,23,24,25,26,27 (every sensor), then get 30 indicating that the actuator is working, even though its still not moving when i cycle between hot and cold.
Any suggestions?

So hopefully someone can help me out here.

Months ago i managed to wiggle the plug and get servo door to move to HOT. Now I've gone though and reflowed the solder (2 were cracked), which I figured would solve the problem. However I ran the diagnostics test and get faults 21,22,23,24,25,26,27 (every sensor), then get 30 indicating that the actuator is working, even though its still not moving when i cycle between hot and cold.

Any suggestions?

try another controller. that would be a start. I do not see everything failing on that car.

• 4 weeks later...

hi, new to the skyline world with a 32 gtst, my aircon is not working, it has gas, the system seems fine, it just doesnt blow cold, then i tested to see if it would blow hot air, it doesnt, so it only blows normal outside air,

is there a way to open the system to only blow the cold ac air? or do i need to strip it down and resolder the switch, i looked to check the rod and it doesnt move

• 2 weeks later...

very helpful info thanks for the write up. I'm currently looking for another r32 GTR and out of ten cars ive test driven only two have working air conditioning. (ie blows cold air and work through all the different cycle's, operating modes and correct temperature. Just as a FYI i got a quote to convert R12 system to R134a for an R32 GTR. Looking between $1000-1500 for drive in drive out with a brand new 134 suitable compressor, lines, new seals labour etc

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I just had my a/c regassed with r134a on my r32GTR and it works very well. The mechanic questioned why the a/c does not run when the a/c is turned on...we tested the relay and that is fine and checked all the fuses. Apparently it's quite dangerous to run the a/c without the fan as the pressure can build high enough to explode.

My question is what triggers the electric fan, is it the a/c or the engine when it gets too hot?

See post 47/49..

Educate mechanic. As long as the engine is running the engine fan will be pulling more than enough air past the aircon section. If the engine isn't running you don't need to worry about the aircon..

• Like 1

Thanks and funnily enough I did the diode mod as mentioned in the above posts on my previous gtr...I'm losing my mind :)

See post 47/49..

Educate mechanic. As long as the engine is running the engine fan will be pulling more than enough air past the aircon section. If the engine isn't running you don't need to worry about the aircon..

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I just had my a/c regassed with r134a on my r32GTR and it works very well. The mechanic questioned why the a/c does not run when the a/c is turned on...we tested the relay and that is fine and checked all the fuses. Apparently it's quite dangerous to run the a/c without the fan as the pressure can build high enough to explode.

My question is what triggers the electric fan, is it the a/c or the engine when it gets too hot?

then the mechanic is a dipshit, it can be modded to come on with ac, and that will improve ac performance expecially at idle conditions, However it will not explode, there is a high pressure cut out switch (normally part of the low pressure cut switch to) and if he gassed up a car that doesnt have one, then hes not doing his job properly as its part of the code of practice for automotive ac, and guess what the high pressure cut out switch does long before the presssures get high enough to burst a hose.....it turns off the ac