SAU Community

Superpro Camber Bushes

Rekin

Hey,

Ive had superpro adjutable camber bushes fitted into my r32 gtst and i constantly get squeeking noises.

Ive been 3 times to my suspension place, which pulls them out, regreases and aligns etc, but the problem keeps coming back.

Does anyone have same problem with superpro? My suspension place also fits/supplies whiteline camber bushes on plenty r32's and they never have squeaking issues...

Cheers

is this traction tyres?

i had some superpro front camber bushes put in by them, they were really squeaky for the first 1000ks or so, didn't know how i was going to live with them but now they are fine, no noise at all!

yeah this is traction tyres, who fit them and have regreased them before..

Went in today and told me its the bushes fault and not their installation..

Ive sent an email to superpro asking them if the squeaking is normal..will see if they respond hehe.

Good to know that you had the same kit installed by the same workshop..

I might tell them that next time i see them :banana:

yeah this is traction tyres, who fit them and have regreased them before..

Went in today and told me its the bushes fault and not their installation..

Ive sent an email to superpro asking them if the squeaking is normal..will see if they respond hehe.

Good to know that you had the same kit installed by the same workshop..

I might tell them that next time i see them :rolleyes:

yeh when i went in there i was planning on going whiteline but the guy i talked to said that they prefer to use super pro and they were cheaper so i got them.

this leads me to believe that they have done a few in the past...

I stopped using the SuperPro rear camber kits some years ago for this exact same reason, they squeek. The Whiteline Plus kits that I now use have knurling on the inside of the bush to retain grease, plus they are on car adjustable, which makes wheel aligning so much quicker/easier/cheaper. Unfortunately whatever cost saving there was on the SuperPro kit will quickly be swamped by the cost of constant regreasing plus the higher cost of wheel alignment. In this case you very much get what you paid for.

Cheers

Gary

I stopped using the SuperPro rear camber kits some years ago for this exact same reason, they squeek. The Whiteline Plus kits that I now use have knurling on the inside of the bush to retain grease, plus they are on car adjustable, which makes wheel aligning so much quicker/easier/cheaper. Unfortunately whatever cost saving there was on the SuperPro kit will quickly be swamped by the cost of constant regreasing plus the higher cost of wheel alignment. In this case you very much get what you paid for.

Cheers

Gary

yeah i had a feeling this would be the outcome..

Suspension workshop told me to replace them with whiteline camber bushes as they've never had problems with them..

Another costly mistake ~_~

Cheers

Gary

this is interesting, they told me they prefer to use the superpro bushes over the whiteline because they are easier too install and adjust......

i got them put in 12 months ago they squeaked for the first 2 months or so but i haven't had a squeak since.

go figure....

• 2 weeks later...

If its the fornt end, then they come with new grease nipples, and your lazy mechanic just didnt fit them, then to regrease them you dont need to pull them out

As for superpro, they are australian made, and better in everyone in the trades eyes.

Whiteline plus is just a rebadged nolathane, they practically say that on their website.

Emailed superpro about the problem and never heard back from them. Great customer support :(

Cheers cazman for the comment about the nolathane, might pick up a set if they the same as whiteline.

Rekin,

Wierd you should post this. I have an R33 and just taken my superpro front camber bushes out due to squeeking (today). Put the stock ones back in. Ride is smoother and no squeek or other suspension noises.

I am going to write to superpro also. I had the bushes installed in the control arms by Wholesale Suspension so they were done correctly.

Also one of the bolts on the side that wasn't squeeking was missing (I always torque things up heaps), so I was lucky that I checked/changed that side also.

They were $150 but have cost me a lot more than that in stuffing around.

I've had them for about a year but they have been squeeking for about 6 months on and off.

There was plenty of grease on the crush tube still..

Cheers

Just an FYI superpro is not Australian made all the bush's come out of the same factory overseas

the only difference is colour and as sydney kid posted some are now starting to come out with grease

groves to help stop the squeak

As for the squeaking front end it's just a lack of lube when installed but that is the nature of this compound

if you were to intsall rubber as standered there wouldn't be the nosie

Just an FYI superpro is not Australian made all the bush's come out of the same factory overseas

the only difference is colour and as sydney kid posted some are now starting to come out with grease

As for the squeaking front end it's just a lack of lube when installed but that is the nature of this compound

Grease grooves are not hard to cut into the bushes. Fix that & the problem should go away.

Edited by djr81

• 3 months later...

You area twat, Fulcrum make their bushes in Australia, in QLD. Why would you try to put input into something your clearly have no idea about?

just bought some super pro bushes today, how come on the bag is say australian owned and manufactured by fulcrum, get your facts right before you post shit, all of these type of bushes skweak that ive seen, must admit the ones im talking about skweaking didnt have the grooves in them, the super pro bushes have alot of cross grooves inside to keep the grease in to stop the skweak, see how we go eh if it does skweak i can deal with it lol, if i didnt want any unusal noises id keep the car standard

Unsure on the design of superpro but with Redranger/Nolathane bushes I've the metal washers/flange rub against the face of the upper control arm both inner and outers causing squeek.

Shove a little grease between the metal faces and they completely shut up.

I've had mine in in for a good 40k, pulled out soon after they were installed due to squeek. Noticed slight rub marks on the metal flange so on with some grease and they have been great since.

Recently pulled them out to check out the condition; only real wear was the grooves inside being slightly worn. Still in top condition though so back in they went.

Picked up the full front end kit of an ebay type site (oziton or something from memory) for $318 delivered. Bargain considering they have adjustable inner/outer upper control arm, lower control arm bushes and adjustable castor. :P

Edited by TheRogue