SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

Lol, it was pretty funny actually, they were really open minded when I was telling about it. Undercover bogans maybe? Their kids were waving as we pulled away, I can hear the conversation in the car; "What kind of car was that dad?" Dad; "That's a Stagea son, if clean you tooth; one day, maybe, you could be driving one of those" Son; "Wow dad" Dad; "Shuddup smartarse; and crack daddy another can, it's too f##kin' late for me..."

Fixed for accuracy :D

My girlfriend was telling be about a conversation between her and her mum the other day...

"So you're driving tonight. Driving your car or Ryan's?"

"My car. I haven't driven Ryan's, and I don't want to."

"Why not? It's just a station wagon."

The next 5 minutes involves her mum, who hates me, being corrected by my girlfriend and her dad...

I've warned her... wait till I get the GZone remap and the throttle restriction removed... :devil:

My girlfriend was telling be about a conversation between her and her mum the other day...

"So you're driving tonight. Driving your car or Ryan's?"

"My car. I haven't driven Ryan's, and I don't want to."

"Why not? It's just a station wagon."

The next 5 minutes involves her mum, who hates me, being corrected by my girlfriend and her dad...

I've warned her... wait till I get the GZone remap and the throttle restriction removed... :devil:

lol just a station wagon....... i have the same problem with a female friend of mine altho she's cluey about cars she hates station wagons and doesnt want to be seen dead in mine ROFL

I went to buy a printer yesterday, and the guy I bought it off asked me what car I was driving. Had I not been too tired to be thinking straight, I would have strung him along a bit instead of just saying "it's a Nissan."

Stopped for fuel in Buladelah today, a toothless local woman came over; "What the hell kind of car is that?" "It's a Stagea" I say. "Yeah, but a Holden, or a Ford? I definitely know it's not a Ford" She asks. "It's a Nissan" I say. "Faaaark, thats a beautiful car" She tells me. "I want one of these" to her equally toothless partner.

Chatted with them while I filled the car, they were blown away by the fact it was a 2002 model (They assumed it was brand new) Thought it was awesome.

As I got in to drive away, got the thumbs up and "Hey mate, Enjoy your driving, lucky bastard" "Thanks man, will do"

Stagea; Converting bogans all over NSW.:thumbsup:

LOL, I was just re-reading this Dale, and if this woman "knew it defintely wasn't a Ford," why the heck did she include it in her initial question anyway??? :blink::whistling::rolleyes:

At least they were nice about it, though, hey?

LOL, I was just re-reading this Dale, and if this woman "knew it defintely wasn't a Ford," why the heck did she include it in her initial question anyway??? :blink::whistling::rolleyes:

At least they were nice about it, though, hey?

Yeah, dunno Nick, it was a bit of an odd experience all round... Surprisingly open minded for bogans; guess you can't judge a book by its teeth.

Pretty funny though, missus & I were laughing about it all weekend.

The worst one i got was from a guy i was doing TAFE with for my Apprenticeship, talking about random stuff and they tried to put shit on me and he came out with "that Camry thing you drive" i was like wtf u on about. he goes 'that thing u drive its a modified camry isnt it.' trouble is a couple days later i was driving and saw a camry wagon not exactly sure on year model mayb early 90's and except for being alot rounder in the roof they do look pretty similar to a series 2 from the back

Edited by Pft shh 89

was driving thru a caravan park near Mildura, saw a couple of the local mouth "WTF is that??"

so i stopped and asked them what they thought it was,

they said it was either a renault or a peugot.

I was rather offended, so i told them it was a subaru>>>lol

Came out of Bunnings Penrith this arvo behind an elderly couple. I was following behind them heading back to my car and they were commenting on how low the car looked. I then over heard the wife say "What volvo is that?" Her husband said he "Didn't think it was a Volvo as there were no Volvo badges" (my stageas completely debadged). At this point I had reached my car but I could still hear them trying to work out what it was.

Made my afternoon, and the look on their face when they heard my BOV was priceless.

• 1 month later...

3: Looks like a Hearse

When I got mine, one of the guys came into work and asked everyone who's gone into the funeral business and bought a Hearse? Did lol

When I got mine, one of the guys came into work and asked everyone who's gone into the funeral business and bought a Hearse? Did lol

hey uh 'Dingus' just thought id show you a remake i did of ur pic to make it look more like a series 2 version haha for the rest of us.

*Edit - it didnt attach properly give me a few mins ill figure it out

*Edit - i've got it in one of my albums

Edited by Pft shh 89

• 3 weeks later...

hey uh 'Dingus' just thought id show you a remake i did of ur pic to make it look more like a series 2 version haha for the rest of us.

*Edit - it didnt attach properly give me a few mins ill figure it out

*Edit - i've got it in one of my albums

Wow that's a spin out your profile pic is the one I took of my stag when I sold her...!

Wow that's a spin out your profile pic is the one I took of my stag when I sold her...!

That's cause u sold it to me hahaha. It's getting it's new clutch today expecting the call very shortly to say that it's done.

Edited by Pft shh 89

That's cause u sold it to me hahaha. It's getting it's new clutch today expecting the call very shortly to say that it's done.

Thought that may be the case. New clutch hey. spend the $ get it right otherwise you'll be getting another one. I'm getting one too. So has it been good to you?

Thought that may be the case. New clutch hey. spend the $ get it right otherwise you'll be getting another one. I'm getting one too. So has it been good to you?

got an exedy heavy duty. by the feel of it should be right for a while in regards to holding power, not that i have any plans for more power atm anyway. and yes apart from the clutch going (probly more my fault anyway, few too many hard launches), and a mate broke the lever in the boot for folding down the rear seat (he was drunk and tried to demonstrate how it works to another guy interested in buying a stagea, but never had the chance to look at one in person before, and he pulled it way to hard) but that's fixed now too, it's run perfectly. couple issues with getting the new head unit to work but that's a problem with head unit not the car. definately very happy with it. Did you know it's been in an accident at some point though? tried to get one of those towbars from the guy on here, and when the local towbar guys tried to fit it they said it was a bit out of allignment. so haven't got that sorted yet. really should get onto it. and got 2 new tyres and they said same thing, been in accident.

my GF originally hated my choice of a wagon.. said she would never be caught dead in it! now she drives it harder than i do! lol

Lol they all come around to the Black...

My missus tells all her friends how it's scary having that much power under her foot (drives a 1.8 Mazda) but has a grin every time she brings it on boost...:whistling:

Lol they all come around to the Black...

My missus tells all her friends how it's scary having that much power under her foot (drives a 1.8 Mazda) but has a grin every time she brings it on boost...:whistling:

my missus doesnt drive my car let alone get on boost. she did once. then pulled over and told me to ddrive lol

my missus doesnt drive my car let alone get on boost. she did once. then pulled over and told me to ddrive lol

just got my new clutch installed and gave the missus a try at driving it, she bunny hopped first, stalled on the change to second, restarted, stalled first. put the hazards and handbrake on (leaving the car in the lane) jumped out and told me that she wasn't driving my car again cause it was s**t and didn't speak for the rest of the way home. lol