SAU Community

That's A Nice Looking Volvo Mate.......

Paramour

Whilst looking for different grill options for my M35 in Japan, I came across this.....

Not a Volvo......but WTF? I can't seem to get my head around why anyone would even bother going to the effort of attaching any 'other' make. Not sure what sort of statement/joke this might be, but then they are serious about trying to sell it for 8900Y. They must seriously think there is a market for this?? :spank:

post-12229-0-20432100-1312805762_thumb.jpg

Just had the census collector come, he asked what type of car it was, then proceeded to bang his folder and car keys on my bonnet a d scratch it in two places. I almost lost it, well I'l did verbally. If he wasnt an oldish bloke he would have done cart wheels down my drive way. What a w*nker!

Edited by slippylotion

You've got to be kidding. It's unbelievable that someone would do that to a person's car when the owner is right there - & not mean it in a malicious way. Or did he......?

That sucks man. I hope it polishes out.

He didn't mean for it to happen, just careless. He did it that quick I didn't have time to say not to put it on the car.It will need to be blocked back a bit then should polish out fine. Just a pain in the behind.

Oh, your Asuka tuner I got from Brad works a treat, very easy install and even the wife is happy with it!

Edited by slippylotion

He didn't mean for it to happen, just careless. He did it that quick I didn't have time to say not to put it on the car.It will need to be blocked back a bit then should polish out fine. Just a pain in the behind.

Oh, your Asuka tuner I got from Brad works a treat, very easy install and even the wife is happy with it!

So he just wasn't thinking. I'd say he's never had a decent car before, at least not one he's been proud of anyway.

Glad your wife likes the TV, but the Asuka didn't come from me. The ones I supply are essential the same, but a different brand. Brad installs the new ones too, but he was hanging onto a few of the Asuka model for the right customer. Turns out to be you :)

Maybe I'm confused. The tuner I got from brad is a little gold colored unit. I thought it was an asuka.

LOL its not the asuka its a commsmann. Its nearly the same as the asuka for the features. It was modeled from it I think.

LOL its not the asuka its a commsmann. Its nearly the same as the asuka for the features. It was modeled from it I think.

Haha. So it was one of mine then. Regardless of model it's a good upgrade, & if it keeps the missus/kids happy then it's even better.

Not really a Volvo story; more of a "Don't judge a muscle car fan by his long hair & beard" story.

At a family wedding yesterday; the groom and his family are keen Drag Racers, "dyed in the wool" hotrod fans and own a lot of classic American muscle (and a Boyd Coddington built rod :worship: ) .

As such; most of their friends are also rodders and muscle owners. Was chatting with a fellow about cars, turns out he owns 9 classics; among them an original condition, unrestored GTHO Phase 3! :woot: And is currently acquiring from the U.S. a $125 000 1940 Ford Woody wagon.

Anyway, he asks me if I know who owns the "Bitchin', black Nissan wagon" in the Motel carpark! I said "Yeah, actually; it's mine" "Fark mate; I love it! Tell me all about it!"

He was amazed at the looks and also the spec of the car, in comparison to it's (his words) competition (VE Sportswagon) and also it's age. Told him what they produce stock, and then went on to tell what Scotty, Craig & Aaron are pushing out; he was fair dinkum amazed at the potential, and the "sleeper" nature of it.

The guy was genuinely in awe; and yet he owns some incredibly desirable metal! Incredibly open in his admiration of any type of performance car.

Ditto, a lot of cars have some feature which makes them interesting, whether it be a torquey engine, a good gearbox, a nice shape etc... Unfortunately it seems most enthusiasts only focus that enthusiasm on one type of car they've decided is the best.

• 4 weeks later...

Took the Stag up to the Adelaide Hills and did a road closure for Classic Targa Adelaide.

Reaction was very interesting. Ranged from people just saying 'nice car', to one particular bloke, who'd been irritating me with his so called 'expert' opinions (thought a Porsche 944 was a Mazda).

Someone in his group asked me how I found the Volvo. I told him it was a Nissan he was impressed. Thought it had a V8 in it from the burble.

The expert finally decrees 'that's a Stag-eeee-a isn't it?'. I correct his proununciation then leave him to it. When it comes to packing up, I had the car on and the door open and they end up grouped around the drivers door looking at the interior, questions like 'is that pop up screen factory?', and many positive comments. Mr 'expert' finally fesses up... "I've never seen one this new before". Didn't know anything about it. Walked home with tail between legs.

Amusing!

• 2 weeks later...

Amusing!

Oh mate. Don't get me started.

I spent about five years officiating motorsport, dealing with halfwits on power trips left right and centre. Realised that the intelligent people are racing the cars, not volunteering their time to be ordered around by inbreds.

So yeah as you can tell it's left a good taste in my mouth haha.

It's a shame too since there are some absolute legends that do it as well, it's just that they are so few and far between.

• 4 weeks later...

In the servo last night, had to reverse up to the pump.

Started filling up only to notice a guy with a black eye standing at the front of my car for a few moments

Him: Hey! What kind of car is this

Me: Nissan

Him: Nissan?........ six or eight?

Me: Turbo 6

Him: Really? Sounded like an 8 when you backed in. All "blub, blub, blub, blub"...

Me: ....

Next thing he is standing at the rear of the car near me

Him: Stagea huh?

Me: Yes

He then got back in his VP Commodore with his 4 kids in there, yelled at them all the STFU and drove off in a combination of creaky suspension, squealing brakes, holey exhaust squeaking fan belt.