SAU Community

First Batch Of Nissan R35's For Australia

So for those who have orders in the first batch, what have you heard lately? I was told my car was being made last week, then onto a ship for three weeks (landing in Melbourne?) Has anyone been given other info? Anyone got a VIN number etc?

Getting close now :devil:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spoke with the dealer today, they had some training thing on last week in Melbourne. Apparently the Premium cars come with the Bridgestones (he was adamant) - quite a few people have asked for the bridestones instead and it was raised as an issue - but apparently cannot be done? Anyone confirm or deny?

That info sounds right. Aus spec production has only recently started. Three genuine 2009 Aus spec cars are in the country now but they were fast tracked for press. I'm sure the first customer cars will be on a boat soon.

The premiums do come with Bridgestones. You cannot just swap tires because Nissan just don't have any tires to swap you with. Also this has been a problem in other regions and not solved yet and probably wont ever be solved.

That info sounds right. Aus spec production has only recently started. Three genuine 2009 Aus spec cars are in the country now but they were fast tracked for press. I'm sure the first customer cars will be on a boat soon.

The premiums do come with Bridgestones. You cannot just swap tires because Nissan just don't have any tires to swap you with. Also this has been a problem in other regions and not solved yet and probably wont ever be solved.

Bugger about the bridgestones. Does anyone know if you can buy the Dunlops and what the $$ might be? I suppose it's too early to get them now, but just wondering.

the rims them selves have an extra lip on them to hold the tyre on while cornering so i would expect that they have a specific tyre that has been designed for the rim

also at each nissan dealership there is a specific skyline sales person and two specially trained mechanics who are the only people who can touch the cars

It's not that big of a deal though.

I was one of the people that asked about the Dunlops but it isn't like the Bridgestones are a BAD tyre. They just aren't as good as the Dunlops on a long track run from what I understand. But Tony Quinn did use the Bridgestones on Day 2 for Rally Tas and still managed to win and I also think you'd find over a single lap distance at most Aussie tracks there'd be bugger all difference between the two (but only time will tell). But other than for motorsport reasons there's no real benifit to the Dunlops over the Bridgestones and the reality is that shortly the Toyo's will be available and they should be better than both of them, so most motorsport guys will be opting for them anyways.

True, for the street most wouldnt/shouldnt care i reckon. I'll be doing some NSW sprints and need to decide between 20" bridgestone/dunlops, or spend bucks on 18" TE37's and go with the RE55's. I wouldnt know but hazard a guess the RE55's will crap all over the 20" dunlops/bridgestones, possibly by a second or two at OP/EC/WP, but i just don't know for sure. Has anyone run say dunlops SP600's on a circuit?

for road use the bridgestones are better. they are quieter, less prone to tramline and have superior wet weather performance. the only time and place the dunlops are better is on the track.

so unless you're buying your R35 for trackdays/racing/ralling then forget about it. just enjoy whichever tyres your spec 35 comes with. :P

I have a meeting with my dealer this afternoon, I have been told that my car will be here by the end of this month or at the very beginning of April.

Counting down the days...will post an update this afternoon.

Bugger about the bridgestones. Does anyone know if you can buy the Dunlops and what the $ might be? I suppose it's too early to get them now, but just wondering.

You can get the tyres from US, this guys will ship them

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTireR...amp;RunFlat=All

By the way I've ordered my (non premium) on weekend, it comes with Dunlops and no heavy speakers to lag around race track. Watch out Duncan. :D

Marek

You can get the tyres from US, this guys will ship them

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTireR...amp;RunFlat=All

By the way I've ordered my (non premium) on weekend, it comes with Dunlops and no heavy speakers to lag around race track. Watch out Duncan. :D

Marek

Awesome Marek! Btw I tried to find ot the difference in weight (between the base model and premium) but really couldnt get the specs. Anyway will be good to have another GT-R int e comp.

With tirerack, are you sure they ship to australia?

Got an update today. They are still hoping for the first batch of cars to be ready for delivery on April 1st BUT the cars still haven't left Japan (infact aren't even at the wharf yet) so it isn't conclusive they will be here for that date.

I know Nissan FG (vic) have 7 cars coming in this first shipment. The second batch at this stage isn't due until after July 1st which means only these first cars coming in April will be at the originally quoted price.

I saw the workshop for the R35's at FG too. Looks pretty nice and is only for use for R35's (was seperate to the rest of the workshop). Nice in pit hoist, freshly done floors and walls and all new equipment so they have spent some $$$ gearing up for it.

However - I did see the newly done disclaimer for these cars. Gone is the original 5 page one which has now been replaced by an 11 page one. This thing is much more in-depth on what will void warranty (pretty much everything) but even goes as far as listing specific things such as "boost increases over 10psi will void warranty on turbo's, and a/f ratio's above 12.0 will void warranty on engines". etc.

Still I care for none of that right now. I'm just impatient for these new few weeks to pass and the car finally get here!

Well that's very interesting to hear about the specifics on the agreement. I'd love to read that one.

As for tires, Beer Baron is spot on and neither is a horrible tire. The beading on the rim doesn't mean anything for replacing with another tire. Many aftermarket wheels have beaded rims. Runflat tires overall are not the best, too many compromises in my opinion.

18" TE37s with a semi-slick is a proven combination in the US where these things are cheap and therefore thrashed on the track. TE37's with a MT drag radial works great for low 10's too ;).

Got an update today. They are still hoping for the first batch of cars to be ready for delivery on April 1st BUT the cars still haven't left Japan (infact aren't even at the wharf yet) so it isn't conclusive they will be here for that date.

I know Nissan FG (vic) have 7 cars coming in this first shipment. The second batch at this stage isn't due until after July 1st which means only these first cars coming in April will be at the originally quoted price.

I saw the workshop for the R35's at FG too. Looks pretty nice and is only for use for R35's (was seperate to the rest of the workshop). Nice in pit hoist, freshly done floors and walls and all new equipment so they have spent some $$$ gearing up for it.

However - I did see the newly done disclaimer for these cars. Gone is the original 5 page one which has now been replaced by an 11 page one. This thing is much more in-depth on what will void warranty (pretty much everything) but even goes as far as listing specific things such as "boost increases over 10psi will void warranty on turbo's, and a/f ratio's above 12.0 will void warranty on engines". etc.

Still I care for none of that right now. I'm just impatient for these new few weeks to pass and the car finally get here!

Maybe there's are reason why they chose 1st of April.