SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

With high EBC loading, the boost pressure before cooler rises, but what inside inlet manifold doesn't change. Here's some thing fun to watch. Our TD06SL205 turbocharger on a CA18det pulling 307rwkws E85 fuel. Run 11 sec quarter:

Gday guys, I just wanted to post up quickly my results from a hypergear op6 hiflow on my R34. It was tuned by Trent at mercury and made 265rwkw @19psi on pump 98. Very pleased with the result, the power delivery is nice and smooth but still kicks you in the ass once it gets going ;)

Cheers!

updating some 1JZ results. Those are from 1JZGTE Chasers:

This is 292rwkws on 19psi on our TD06SL205 Turbocharger externally gated, P98 fuel, Unopened engine:

sl2051jz292rwkwp98.jpg

And this is using a high flowed factory CT15B on E85 fuel making 321rwkws.

ct15bhf321rwkwe85.jpg

Can you machine the TD06L2 (61mm) exhaust housing to take the larger TD06 turbine (65mm)?

Its been a few weeks getting the new test car ready and I've spent quite some time diagnosing a boost ceiling issue.

For today's test, I've tapped two extra boost sources on both sides of the intercooler piping, and monitored pressure drops on all four points.

nipples.jpg

Surprisingly it is a issue with the actual intercooler it self. Three intercoolers was tested, they were the Takashi (a good Chinese made cooler) in 600x300x68mm, 600x300x100mm, and a Generic ebay cooler in 600x300x76mm. Final result reviews the 600x300x100mm Takashi cooler had the best response, while the Generic ebay cooler made the most power.

boostall.jpg

powerall.jpg

I will likely be trailing a PWR item of a similar size, hopefully an expansive branded item could solves this issue.

Final result was peek of 281rwkws @ 19psi after cooler pressure on Pump 98 fuel.
ATR43SS-2 Internally gated
ID 1000cc injectors
Walbro fuel pump
Adaptronic Plug in ECU
3inches turbo back exhaust
Tune at Chequrered Tuning.

The last sheet shown the same turbocharger working with same type of engine but return flow cooler kited. Notice lag created of having extra piping length.

vsreturnflow.jpg

For best result on a Rb25det R34, Get a proper FMIC kit with a big free flow intercooler.

So that graph above shows a difference of around 750rpm extra "lag" with return flow pipework?

Is this a pretty typical result?

I run custom return flow style pipework, with 2.5 inch pipes and a pretty tight radius off one end of the cooler. Have been wondering for a while if any gains were to be had from going a traditional front mount style pipes.

My setup is laggy, but I think thats more to do with the turbo choice, and RB20 haha.

Would be interesting to see how a top mount setup might go seeing as you could really reduce the length of the piping. Don't know how you would go about fitting one for practical use but would be good to see what it could do on a dyno for some giggle factor.

• Like 1

Nope, it's a daily so not necessary. The water radiator is quite large though, almost the size of the radiator and is sandwiched between the air con condenser core and the radiator for stealth. I haven't got around to logging temps properly yet (there are temperature senders in the top and bottom of the radiator and I will be placing them in the intercooler outlet too) but using an infrared temperature gun shows the IC outlet temps stay close to ambient on the dyno.

Throttle response is instant in every sense of the word as expected from a stock 21U turbo on a 30DET with an automatic gearbox. It'll be getting one of your highflows hopefully later in the year once a few other mods get done, most likely OP6 based.

Nice, I will be looking forward to your job.

In this car I'm mainly looking into some common mods that majority of people use, and this definitely shares to some of the problems that few people experienced, especially in the cheap and stealth category. I will be looking into possible ways of targeting those problems through a turbocharger.

Here is some thing fun to watch. :D

• Like 1