SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Wow. Just caught up on 180 pages in the last few days after not visiting Sau for ages. Still an awesome thread. Some excellent improvements and results Stao!!

Finally getting my SS2 off its run in tune soon and adjust for the change in cam timing. I'll post results when I get them.

Wow. Just caught up on 180 pages in the last few days after not visiting Sau for ages. Still an awesome thread. Some excellent improvements and results Stao!!

Finally getting my SS2 off its run in tune soon and adjust for the change in cam timing. I'll post results when I get them.

What did you mean by 'run in tune' ? I've got a SS2 that's going on soon as well

I didn't get to see the tuner the day I dropped it off. He saw it had a new motor so only set it about 17psi and not much timing. Time to put some more hurt on it now I've dialled the cams and got rid of the lag it initially had when cams were retarded.

Some updates, This is an internally gated prototype that I've been working on few weeks, the goal is 370rwkws on E85 fuel with excellent drive ability, internally gated bolton to factory RB's manifold, dump and all lines.

front.JPG

My final result was 365rwkws @ 23psi E85 and 330rwkws P98 @ 22psi. 20psi was reached at 3800RPM, while made over 200rwkws @ 4000 using either fuel. This is probably the highest power any one has every made using a bolton turbo. I'm very happy with todays results.

R34 GTT RB25DET NEO unopened engine.

- Adaptronic​ ECU

- 1000CC ID injectors

- Factory cams and cam gears.

- HyperGear ATR45SAT Internal gated RB25 bolton Turbocharger

- JJR 3 inches turbo back exhaust

- Walbro 470L/H Fuel pump

- 4 inches induction pipe

- Split fire coil packs

- PWR 600x300x81mm intercooler

- P98 fuel @ 330rwkws

- E85 fuel @ 365rwkws

- Tuned by Trent Hewitson​, Chequered Tuning​.

Dyno below shown results on both E85 and P98 fuel.

e85v98power.jpg

e85v98powerboost.jpg

• Like 3

Anyone remember when the SS2 reached 20psi ? It was a while back and couldn't find it. Currently can't decide between the SS2 or new ATR45

That might I've been my dyno results im running 21psi internal gate 297rwkw on p98

Anyone remember when the SS2 reached 20psi ? It was a while back and couldn't find it. Currently can't decide between the SS2 or new ATR45

4000rpm give or take a few hundred depending on mods and turbo specs
  • Like 1