SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Hi Stao, would it be possible to high flow a op6 turbo with a smaller garrett gt35 68/62 84t turbine wheel and a ss billet compressor for better response than your standard op6 high flow?

I would like 260rwkw with boost before 3800rpm

on 98fuel with supporting mods thanks.

I can use the current turbine end using a SS2 comp wheel. that makes 20psi by 3800RPM.

so yeah, I'm after some more power... however what will be more responsive?

SS2 (current one, externally gated by scotty_nm35 last year)

OR

ATR45SAT ?

I do plan to get HAVOC fab to make me one of those stock manifolds with each pulse merged into a single gate.

^ dirty rb30 lol you know you want too.. :) i reckon his new ss2 sounds like it could be the better option but keen to see what tao thinks

nawwss man.. I like my stock 300000km+ Edward Lee's special edition with 149000 km the dash motor :)

Well I want to push the limits of this motor and see what happens, if it pops.. oh wells RB30 it is lol

• Like 1

And

Would op6 high flow be too small for a standardish dirty thirty with 25 head?

Mid-high range is good enough for me from the op6 high flow on rb25 and I can even live with how it performs on the lower rpms, but more bottom end torque is always a good thing

Below is correct:

So response wise
Ss1pu>old ss2>op6 high flow?

Is there any graph comparing the t67 you do with the new ss2 have a t67 looking for some more midrange looking for
300 on 98 on less the 20 psi

Search page 1. There are few readings.

The Current ATR45SAT makes way more power that also had about 250RPM better in response.

The new SS2 will do similar with about 200RPM better response to ATR45SAT.

Both of them will do 300rwkws on P98 fuel internally / externally gated at 20psi.

any idea on when we can expect results for the new ss2, and when its available?

my turbo is dead and looking to replace it, wondering whether i should wait for this newer one or just get the current one

The new SS2 is shares the same turbine size as an ATR45SAT model. The very old SS2 and G3 made around 2009 ~ 2012 might work in terms of high flowing, but not the mid 2012~2015 July models, how ever I can offer a discount for people whom wish to upgrade.

This is a high flowed 2011 model ATR43G3 into an ATR45SAT, running an 38mm gate off turbine housing. Car made 492rwhp on 20psi E85 fuel:

enginebay.jpg

Don't have a very clear copy yet. I will upload when I have it. Pretty fat curve for now:

492rwhp.jpg

• Like 1

The Nissan OP6 Rear housing doesn't have enough materials on it for that exhaust wheel. Its going to break a large chunk out of the side, I will then need to make up a patch and weld it back in place. eg:

1.JPG

The amount time spend on it didn't worth the housing plus the latest exhaust wheel is larger then above.

Nissan comp housing is too small for the new wheel, it worn the cold side collar during few high boost evaluations earlier. The T04 .50 comp housing worked best.

• Like 1

One more announcement to make I wish to make, is my workshop is now opening to public. We will be carrying out all sort of engineering service to every one whom needs any sort of turbocharger related work for very reasonable prices, and for 9 years of turbo related engineering experiences, you will not find better workmanship. So If you wish to build you own dream turbo your own way, here is where you start.

Here are some prices for some basic services. I will keep the list updated.

Individual component balancing for compressor and turbine wheel or Assembly balancing: $100

compwheelbalance.jpg

turbinewheel.jpg

assemblybalance.jpg

VSR simulation and corrections, this is ideal for checkup for used and brand new CHRAs.

vsr.jpg

Turbocharger Compressor profile and machining to suit specific compressor wheel and back plate $150:

housingprofile.jpg

comphosuingfinish.jpg

sittinghousing.jpg

Turbine housing profile and machining $150:

onleathe.jpg

turbinehousingprofile.jpg

Turbocharger Wastgate porting and machining $50

wastegate.jpg

This is a engineering service re-shaping turbocharger back plates to suit different radius and height of given compressor wheel and housings. The cost for this service is $50

onmill.jpg

backplate.jpg

compwheel.jpg

This is a compressor wheel re-bore and re-size service. Our tolerance to perform this operation is under half a thou (1/80 of a mm). This service is perticular useful when people wish to mix and match compressor wheels in between different turbocharger manufactures. Ie. GTX Comp to TD06 Turbine.

The cost to re-bore is $50 and cost to re-size is $50 Per phase (Can be taken from top or top and bottom depending on the length of the turbine shaft and bearing housing used.

gauge.jpg

bore.jpg

skim.jpg

• Like 6