SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Yo Stao

I have your ~2010 model atr43g3, which you high flowed into a ss2 around 2013.

Thats on my 34 at the moment ( your new ss2 sounds to good to pass up, i want it now lol )

Now onto my question, i have got a patrol that is getting a rb25 transplant.

Obviously i want more power in it so it can actually lug around the 3 tons, but i think the SS2 or possibly even the highflow op6 will be to laggy for what i need.

I was wondering if you have anything that could get boost on early, earlier the better, but still make some decent power.

Close to 2500-3000 rpm is what im hoping for .

^ive got the 21u highflow on mine. Made 248rwkw @18psi with a quiet restrictive nismo 3 inch exhaust and return flow cooler. Full boost @ 3450rpm. Tuner says could make 10-15kw more with better fliwing exhaust.

Following up about the 3inches diameter restriction problem with internally gated ATR45. I've made a simple Tee pieces that is attached to the front pipe. It is spring loaded, so gas pressure forces the valve open once it builds up to certain point, while remains shut and quite on cruise.

piecestogether.jpg

springopen.jpg

frontpipevalveopen.jpg

frontpipeshut.jpg

• Like 1

Some further updates. Those are the CNC machined billet internal gate assemblies made for Nissan RB25det high flows. This upgrade will help stabilising boost and should pickup few extra KWs working with small 21U turbine housings also. This is usually a $200 upgrade job, Now comes standard with all RB20/25det high flows at no extra cost, that is $850 including braided oil feeding line.

gate.jpg

gateopen.jpg

gateshut.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, All RB25det and RB20det engines

I'm not sure that upgrade is actually required. I'm not having any boost control issue with my hi flow and I'm not awaren of anyone else having boost control issues but if you want to offer it for free, I don't think anyone is going to argue with you as long as it works properly.

Just had time to install the new ATR43SS2 with the DIY dump bleeder.

comphousing2.jpg

turbooncar1.jpg

frontpipevalveopen.jpg

Car is currently running the ATR45SAT's tune, its booked for tuning on the 9th. The response is similar to the older SS2 but making way more power. That Bleeder vale have made a noticeable difference to upper rev torque, the car pulls all the way to red line. That bleeder is definitely a worth while DIY to do. Will upload results once dyno tuned.