SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

• 2 weeks later...

My latest dyno run:
post-22311-0-42261500-1447717241_thumb.jpg

After adding in an addition 6 degrees of timing up top and about 4 in between 3900rpm and 5400 rpm the motor refused to make any more power. Ended up making 327kW but I was leaning too much on the timing so scaled it back and she made 325kW E61

If anyone is interested in the logs, I'll e-mail them to you.. can't seem to attach CSV files.

And here's a short video of 3x cars I tuned that morning (including touching up my own, ignore the AFR readout on the S15 as it runs blast pipes)

Hey Stao, how is the new version of the SS2 different, and how much time/cost would it take to upgrade mine to the new spec (If possible)?

I'm hoping I can keep the turbine housing as mine is modded for the external gate, if its too much of a hassle I'm more then happy with the way it performs now, more just curious about details on upgrading

20131121_161235_zpsffbd6781.jpg

20130911_170224_zps92138f31.jpg

Some updates. This is from our High flowed 21U R33 turbocharger. It is currently a prototype.

It is currently fitted to my R34GTT, car made 287rwkws @ 20psi, full boost in 3500RPM. P98 fuel.

fronts.jpg

power.jpg

boost.jpg

• Like 1

How do you expect this latest high flow prototype to compare (in total power and response) to a HKS GTRS turbo?

The GT3071 version? probably similar

On paper this is about the same as an SS1PU. stock manifolds, internally gated. P98 fuel

I love the response of the GTRS ~ With my setup I have 5 lb at 2000 rpm and full boost at 3k.

But I realise the technology is getting a little old now. I'm wondering if there is a billet wheel turbo that has the same response but will give more power through the rev range.

Car got tuned - Tuner wasn't very happy with the IWG/Actuator so I'll PM Stao about this later. Tuner said he can get a wastegate performance graph for me to send over.

With that said I'm very happy with the turbo and the power, comes on well holds you back in the seat drives great.

5295311E-1770-4210-9BE2-8E9CF17A231F_zps

Edited by kingtube69

I reckon drop the cat and re run the car, there's probably some restriction in the system.

When I modded my cat back and introduced a resonator and a mid muffler (both straight through) I noticed a slight drop in response. Even on the dyno it a few weeks back I noticed a slight drop in response coming onto boost, even though I loaded it up at 3k rpm before starting the run.

Going to redo the turbo back when I redo the turbo setup.

• Like 1